Does anyone else not feel sympathy for Brittney Griner?

I DOUBT HIM, SIR!

Basketball isn't nearly as popular in Russia as it is in SE Asian countries. He won't have the same cultural cache.
North Korea is considered East Asia and no one is sure how big it is over there.

But I agree with you, I don't think the Russia government is going to take Rodman serious especially based on his flamboyant antics.

There is nothing Joe or the American government can do to expedite her release. And the media has moved on from her. Tough situation all around

Yeah I almost forgot she was locked up. Hasnt crossed my mind in like 3 weeks.
Crazy that she might actually have to do the 9.5 years

I have to comment on the B.G. Slander. He was a trendsetter when Cashmoney first popped on the underground scene in South in the mid and late 1990,s. We all know Silk rapped off beat like crazy. But if we're going to talk about horrible off beat rapping skills, that's the majority of what these new rappers are doing today.

To sum it all up in one comment. Everybody looks like Lil Wayne, while their doing their best rendition of what Silk use to do, and their all somewhat Drill rappers. O yeah, they sometimes sing in auto tune. Then people act like it's the best thing since sliced bread.

I haven't heard a new rapper rap on beat while making sense in years. Everytime I hear something new, i cut that trash off within the first few seconds when I hear that off beat rapping style. With that said, Silk must've been a trendsetter, because every rapper that's out right now raps in that style.

On topic with this thread, i wouldn't have even brought a cigarette or beer with me on a flight to Russia, or leaving from there. They'll throw you up under the jail for about anything overseas.

Her old coach basically said "she ain't winning games for me anymore, I don't care about BG anymore".

Couldn't even say "It's a sad situation, thoughts and prayers?" Cold world. Especially coming from somebody who you trusted and thought cared about you.

This just goes to show that a lot of these college coaches don't care about these athletes as people, just as tools to help them win games so they can get promotions and raises. Kim literally rode on Britney's back to multiple national championships and can't even say a nice thing about her.

Last edited:
Her old coach basically said "she ain't winning games for me anymore, I don't care about BG anymore".

Couldn't even say "It's a sad situation, thoughts and prayers?" Cold world. Especially coming from somebody who you trusted and thought cared about you.

Perfect response.

Her thoughts on Griner are none of our business.

For all we know she could be in touch directly with the Griner's family trying to help or hate Griner's guts.

Either way - everything aint meant for public consumption.

This just goes to show that a lot of these college coaches don't care about these athletes as people, just as tools to help them win games so they can get promotions and raises. Kim literally rode on Britney's back to multiple national championships and can't even say a nice thing about her.

They don't rock with each other and haven't for quite some time. I think the reporters know they're getting a story out of whatever the response would have been.

Yikes

Griner soon may have to endure somewhere worse than the Novoye Grishino pre-trial detention center where she has been held the past eight months. Her sentence calls for her to be transferred to a penal colony, where conditions can be more brutal and inmates are required to perform labor during their sentence.

There are hundreds of penal colonies in Russia, many of them scattered across Siberia.

-------

The U.S. offer for Griner and Paul Whelan, another American whom the U.S. government considers wrongfully detained, is believed to be a 2-for-1 exchange for a notorious Russian arms trafficker known as “the Merchant of Death.” Viktor Bout is serving a 25-year sentence in an Illinois federal prison for conspiring to kill Americans and sell weapons to Colombian terrorists.

Thus far, Russia has shown no signs that an exchange for Viktor Bout alone is a sufficient offer. After traveling to Moscow to meet with Russian officials last month, Bill Richardson, the former New Mexico governor and diplomat who now advocates for the release of Americans held overseas, told CNN, “I think it’s going to be a 2-for-2.”

look, do i think that this sentence is extreme for the crime, absolutely. at the same time though, you have to be conscious of where you are going, especially if its to a foreign country. you have to have general knowledge of their laws, the current political status with your home country, and avoid any possibility of being detained. i'm not bringing ANYTHING with me that could get me caught up. again, 9 years is WILD, but you just have to be smarter.

3A20AB1C-3968-456B-AA82-4E8BD8CCC1E8.jpeg

BCD6C489-23D2-4A53-8F90-BA253D5CCA68.gif

https://apple.news/AM76ZggpzQ06GBdyxKTwVaw

In this current, global political climate I am shocked Biden and his office along with the AG's office were able to pull this off.

Major props on getting her out and this undeniable W.

There is nothing Joe or the American government can do to expedite her release. And the media has moved on from her. Tough situation all around
:lol:

If I had seen this before the announcement in would've said not way Biden's office lets this leak and something isn't about to happen cuz you right the media has moved on and more importantly when was the last time Biden even mentioned Griner? Something had to be going down to bring this back to everyone's attention.

Back
Top Bottom