Does anyone else not really care about NFL playoffs?

I've never been a huge football fan. I mean, I'll watch the games, but I'm not really into all the hype that comes with them all week.
It's only Tuesday and Sportscenter is breaking down the games like they are tomorrow or something.
Maybe that's what really turns me off about the NFL...they have to find things to talk about every day since the games only happen once a week, sothey're so overanalyzed.

I agree with you that sometimes they find too hard to find a story to talk about...ala Tony Romo/Jessica Simpson
indifferent.gif
....but football is my 2nd favorite sport,so I do get hyped for the games. I think it's probably just cause you don't have much interest in it, nothing wrong with that.

I do care. The NFL Playoffs are only worth watching, followed by college basketball. Honestly I'm not anticipating watching any NBA this season becausemy Heat ain't doing anything.

Playoffs lost some a tad bit of its luster when my team(the ********) and my superbowl pick(colts) lost. Luckily, the packers are still in it
pimp.gif

I agree 100%. I can't even watch Sportscenter because of the overkill football coverage. It's like Damn okay don't they play in another 4days. I don't even like football. Dudes be in the bar ready to go to blows over "their team". NEWSFLASH if you don't receive a check fromthe organization you can't use "we". I can't wait til' the Patroits clean this thing up and it's all basketball.

Im with u guys, this constant football coverage is so annoying. Seems as if they take 4 hours to cover 2 games SMH

Agreed, im not into footbal at all. Playing it is fun as heck, but watching? I can stand watching tiny spurts of action followed by extended breaks in play.

I used to be a big football fan but I don't know what happened to me. I gradually lost interest after 2002. When I lost interest in it, I realized thatESPN overanalyzes it constantly. I tune in to SportsCenter expecting to see baseball or basketball highlights... wait 10 minutes... wait another 20 minutes...and all they show is football this and football that with a little segment for something else. I guess I never noticed it until I actually wanted to choosewhat highlights I wanted to see.

I've been gradually getting back into watching it this year, just watched a few games here and there. I tell myself that I'm going to get back intofootball every preseason and then I never do :lol:, but I intend on getting back into it. Maybe then, ESPN won't be as irritating to me anymore :lol:.

Oh, but I'll be watching this year's AFC and NFC Championship games and the SuperBowl :lol:.

Most playoffs in any sport are boring because the system is flawed. Playoffs segment interest based on fanbase; the die-hard fans of the sport that watcheverything are merely outliers.

I just don't have an interest in football in general. I don't like the scene (crowds, tailgating, etc.), I don't like the analysts (watching theCBS and Fox guys bounce around and yell at the camera is not interesting), I don't like the OD analysis and reporting (do we really need Teams at 20Updates all friggin day, ESPN?), two hour pregame shows for Monday night games, etc. It's just ridiculous. And then there's fantasy football, which isruining just talking with regular people about the sport. And then even during the offseason, ESPN has NFL Live running every afternoon. You can't get awayfrom it. That's why I stopped caring.

America loves football so get used to it. The NBA is horrible now anyways.
I know what you mean with the constant coverage its like they wanna keep talking about how good the Patriots are and what they do to be that good, itsannoying.

Originally Posted by NBAdotcom

I've never been a huge football fan. I mean, I'll watch the games, but I'm not really into all the hype that comes with them all week.
It's only Tuesday and Sportscenter is breaking down the games like they are tomorrow or something.
Maybe that's what really turns me off about the NFL...they have to find things to talk about every day since the games only happen once a week, so they're so overanalyzed.
When you're more popular than every other sport combined, sportscenter is going to talk about it on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Nobody cares aboutregular season basketball. And the only time baseball is worth talking about is when something happens away from the field

Let me reverse this argument for a second....

I live in the northeast and like to listen to WFAN with Mike and the Mad Dog and Joe Boneingo (sp) during the day. The constant BASEBALL talk during Decemberand January is absurd. The past two weeks have been nice since it has been football. I agree with NBAdotcom that there is too much going on in terms ofbreaking down the games for a whole week, but I will gladly take it over stinking baseball. It would be nice if for once they would talk about the NBA or evencollege hoops.

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

Let me reverse this argument for a second....

I live in the northeast and like to listen to WFAN with Mike and the Mad Dog and Joe Boneingo (sp) during the day. The constant BASEBALL talk during December and January is absurd. The past two weeks have been nice since it has been football. I agree with NBAdotcom that there is too much going on in terms of breaking down the games for a whole week, but I will gladly take it over stinking baseball. It would be nice if for once they would talk about the NBA or even college hoops.

I'm just quoting you because I hate, hate, hate Mike & the Mad Dog. Mad Dog and his hyena laughing while Mike sounds like he's always eatingwithout chewing.
Joe Beningo used to be really good when he did the overnight show. Evan Roberts killed him
indifferent.gif

I think ESPN is blowing me more than any particular sport or event ... I dont even watch the NBA or NCAA anymore and I thinkk its because ESPN hypes this bullup so much like every game is the national championship ... too many bs former athlete analysts and not enough real ones ... too many stories about things thathave nothing to do with sports

Originally Posted by allen3xis

I've grown tired of Mike and the Maddog

Beningo is cool

Steve Somers
pimp.gif

I'm all about the overnight.

When Beningo did overnight -
pimp.gif

When Steve Somers was doing overnight -
pimp.gif

Now Mark Malusis & Tony Paige -
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Richard Neer too whenever I can catch him, like on Sunday mornings?
laugh.gif
@ TonyPaige's profile picture

Tony%20Paige.jpg

I'm starting to like Carlton & Boomer more than anybody else on WFAN before 6pm.

Steve Sommer is
pimp.gif

Im a huge fan of football and the NFL game in general (and obviously the playoffs) but I agree at times I get frustrated with the way it is presented to me,especially in the playoffs. Games are now 3 and a half hours and about 2 hours of that combined is commercials. We joke about it but it's nearly true...wetune in to watch Peyton Manning commercials and "This is our Country" commericals....with a football game thrown in here and there. That's reallywhat it has come down to for me most times. And as we know it almost gets worse during playoff time.

Throw in the fact that Im at a point where I can't stand 75% of all announcing teams and also the fact that the hype of games itself makes games often timebe letdowns.

But NFL rules all and I wont stop watching. But I do get frustrated with the presentation.

NFL is the best sport in America to watch on tv....rules above all else. The playoffs are great. I can watch even when my team isn't in it.

Commercials are annoying though, just like RyGuy45 said

Back
Top Bottom