Does anyone here drive for UBER or LYFT? vol. Denver

I've heard mixed reviews. Some say they make money and have a good experience giving decent people rides (occasional drunks). Others claim thy don't make money and risk getting pulled over, tickets, and damage to their cars for careless passengers.

I just moved to Denver and don't know the hotspots or anyone here. I love driving and I'm thinking this might be a good way to familiarize myself with the area and make some cash. Any NT fam about this life?

Picking up prostitutes and drunk girls from club you say?
Yes please

in sf, it's really big out here. had a friend who was doing it briefly. it caters towards the younger/tech/more affluent crowd, but i think the service is getting worse. they dont really background check even though they say they do.

recently a uber driver struck and killed a young girl. uber said they werent responsible bc the guy wasnt actually transporting a passenger but he was waiting for the next job. the whole getting yourself a commercial license thing is a reason why most ppl stay away from them. i know they amended it but be sure to read the fine print bc you dont want to be screwed if you are in an acident.

Last edited:
in sf, it's really big out here. had a friend who was doing it briefly. it caters towards the younger/tech/more affluent crowd, but i think the service is getting worse. they dont really background check even though they say they do.

recently a uber driver struck and killed a young girl. uber said they werent responsible bc the guy wasnt actually transporting a passenger but he was waiting for the next job. the whole getting yourself a commercial license thing is a reason why most ppl stay away from them. i know they amended it but be sure to read the fine print bc you dont want to be screwed if you are in an acident.

Yea, seems too much of a liability and their insurance coverage is suspect. May have to stay away from this.

My supervisor does this on the side. :lol: Good way to network (and possibly recruit) with young professionals.

money isnt bad either from what ive heard.

its popular in DC...my friends always use it coming over from Arlington into the District...they live near VA square and its like $8 one way for a relatively quick ride...

I have a friend that does in here in DC.  Not sure how much he's making but he has a family so I'm guessing he's doing good for himself with UBER.

while listening to iheart yesterday i heard a commercial say guaranteed 5k your first month.... it was power 105 in NY if that matters

while listening to iheart yesterday i heard a commercial say guaranteed 5k your first month.... it was power 105 in NY if that matters

im pretty sure youd have to put in at least 40-50hr weeks to make 5k a month lol..

also, Lyft does not account for your gas expenses.

Google it there is a couple blogs on "my first month as an uber driver" I will see if i can find one for you.

All in all as long as you can find hotspots you are good. The only issue is people picking people up and then driving them to far away places (not far-far but like 15 mins out) then having no passengers in that area and having to drive back to the hot spot so its a lot of gas spent. But in Bmore...id die without uber or lyft. No real public transportation. Heading out to the bar last week at 10pm cost me $4.75. It was only about 2 miles away but $4.75....please thats super cheap.

Google it there is a couple blogs on "my first month as an uber driver" I will see if i can find one for you.

All in all as long as you can find hotspots you are good. The only issue is people picking people up and then driving them to far away places (not far-far but like 15 mins out) then having no passengers in that area and having to drive back to the hot spot so its a lot of gas spent. But in Bmore...id die without uber or lyft. No real public transportation. Heading out to the bar last week at 10pm cost me $4.75. It was only about 2 miles away but $4.75....please thats super cheap.

Exactly. This is what killed me the most was getting a pick-up at a hotspot and then having to drive them to a non-hotspot and then having to drive all the way back down to the hotspot for another pickup. Also, the city driving was killing the gas with all the stop and go traffic. The majority of the demographics is the young professionals crowd so the majority live in the city.

First weekend doing it I made $400 without working that many hours and I was pulling girls off of it too, got plenty of stories. Def recommend it if you're not worried about mileage on your car. I'm about to get back on my uber grind on the side cause my 9-5 isn't making me enough. 

I would do this but I'm too into coupes and have an older accord as my daily driver so I'm SOL

These companies are now opening up the floodgates and letting just about everyone drive. That's great for passengers because they can get rides quicker and cheaper, but not so much for drivers. A while ago, they were advertising that drivers can make $50/hr, now it's down to $20/hr. :lol:

Also, I came across this uber/lyft drivers message board, http://www.uberpeople.net The drivers on there are just so angry at the companies/passengers/everything really, it's actually sad.

mentioned this in previous posts

but i smell a class action lawsuit. ceo just waiting for ipo and cash out.
they trying to do away with drivers and do driverless :lol:
use to work near their offices and there were always a group of protesters outside their building. usually former drivers who felt they got screwed over with pay

so many incidents with this company :smh:
ie driver beating passenger with a hammer and they werent trying to get involved

Last edited:
Good to hear the mixed opinions about it.

I first came across it when trying to sight see through SF (gf visiting). It felt sketch that some random person would pick me, but after taking a few rides it seemed to work out okay. There is nothing inherently more unsafe about it than getting in a car with any friend of yours and driving around. As I took them more, I really started to appreciate the concept of ride sharing. It really helps not having to carry cash around for taxi's + using the app is nice to know who/when you'll be able to get a ride.

Shameless self promotion: 8)

]If you (or anybody you know) drives Lyft and wants to try out Uber I can get them (probably, would have to talk to them first) $600 for signing up with Uber. Corporate is running a special promo right now since there has been a lot of expansion and they want to get better coverage (and are willing to pay lots for it). It's only going to last for a bit (they don't tell us when it will end). Holla at me in the pm box and I'll get back to you in a few days (on flights the next few days).

Even if you just want to refer someone and they try out Uber/get signed up properly I can paypal you $50 as a thank you for a referral.

Back
Top Bottom