Does anyone miss wednesday releases anymore?

i remember used to skip the early classes cop what came out that day and be back at school before lunch with the latest heat
i was talkin to my cousin today about this  if anybody has stories please share

The main reason why they stopped Wednesday releases was due to kids skipping school.

Oh ya for sure I use to skip the whole day of school because at the time I lived 1 hour from the mall so we would meet up at the park throw ends on gas. Head to the mall be there around 930 get your Jordans then go home. I never went back to school though that same day LOL! Those were the days!

P.S Every now and then the rent a cop at the mall gave us a hassle but we always just be like whatever! Never got into any trouble

school>>>>>>jays lol wish they did a couple so i want have to put up with the kids runnin and arguing bout shoes they dont even know about

Yeah, I remember dudes leaving school after first period to take the Metro to the mall.
laugh.gif

I miss the old days.  No hypebeasts, No Resellers, No Spizikes, Fusions,  No BS.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Yeah, I remember dudes leaving school after first period to take the Metro to the mall.
laugh.gif

I miss the old days.  No hypebeasts, No Resellers, No Spizikes, Fusions,  No BS.

Couldn't have Said It Any Better.
glasses.gif

Personally i'm glad they do saturday releases now.  I have a 9-5 job and it aint easy to get time off of work...  But if wednesday releases were to come back, ill just order on the internet
happy.gif

i loved them i remember being a senior and skipping home room and some of 1st period when the concord and black/red 11's came out i was successful getting the concords but came back to school tight when the black/reds sold out in front of my eyes not a good day now that im older and work mon-fri i enjoy saturday releases

part of me believes that Id want wednesday releases back, because most kids wouldnt be out all night in line making it hard for us real sneakerheads, but then getting off of work to cop shoes might not be the easiest thing either... But I guess people lining up for shoes on wednesday wouldnt be any different from kids and video games. some of the modern warfare 2 releases were horrible almost on a level of shoe releases, and that was a tuesday

meh

saturday releases are cool in my book. is it really worth getting in trouble at work for some shoes? not in this economy. i need my job.

FrenchBlue23 wrote:

that^^

i remember being in class for the cool grey release callin stores all morning to see if they can hold us a pair until we got out. no luck for us.

My moms would go get them for me and bring them to me for lunch. My dad would shake his head. I never asked for anything but Jordans when I was in school. I did everything for my parents so they did a little something for me.

OthelloxTwon wrote:
meh

saturday releases are cool in my book. is it really worth getting in trouble at work for some shoes? not in this economy. i need my job.

That's the truth.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

laugh.gif

you also didn't have the internet, text messaging, high definition TV's or anything we new kids have but I wish our Jordan releases were like this

During the week was cool when I was in school but now that I got a job I prefer the Saturday release.

To all you cats who were skippin school (or had your parents bring u to school late) because of Jordan releases.......  

EFF  YALL!!!

Naw, I'm playin.  I was mad back in the day cuz I didn't have that luxury, I remember bein the salty kid that was mad cuz I was left in the cold.  It's all good now tho.  Wouldn't mind JB throwin a few mystery Wednesday releases in every now and then tho.

if we did this i would be up all night refreshing on a tuesday night and not friday night.... i kinda like it..

The only time I can remember skipping school was that lovely October when the Concords were released. It was almost like no one knew about them at the particular store I was at. Walked right in and right out with no line at all.

I missed those days when I could cop whatever J I wanted and didn't have to worry about them selling out even when being out in line all night.  I still remember getting the concord and columbia retro releases with no prob.

Back
Top Bottom