Does anyone on NT have a Car2Go?

Mr Dink

formerly foamposite xi
Someone correct me if this is how it works, you pay $35 upfront. They charge you $.38 per minute that you're driving.

Pros:
Absolutely pay $0 for parking. If you're parking in the city, and a cop rolls by, they keep it moving.
FREE GAS.
If the tank is less than 1/4 full, they give you 20 free minutes upon filling.
Provide insurance coverage
When going to an event like a state fair, they even set up a parking lots reserved for Car2Gos

Cons:
You're only allowed to drive within a certain area. Otherwise, if you're outside of the area and you're parked, they continue charging you by the minute.
You're stuck with a SmartCar.

I am extremely interested..... Anything else I should know about?

Last edited:
I live 10 minutes away from the city + parking over there is $2.00-$2.50 an hour. I would drive the Car2Go if I plan on spending the entire day in Downtown since parking would be free.
There's also a huge fair here next week, so parking would be impossible. I would just drive the Car2Go since they would have a reserved parking lot.

Why not just take a taxi? It would be cheaper and a lot easier.

Last edited:
Uh, no, it wouldn't.

That's from my house to Niketown Seattle that I live 10 minutes away from.
I wouldn't go strictly off of that. That is just using the mileage and assessing the meter rate associated with that mileage.

Most places charge based on different zones. For instance here, a trip anywhere in the downtown area will only cost you $5. I'd call a cab company and get a quote from them.
Someone correct me if this is how it works, you pay $35 upfront. They charge you $.38 per minute that you're driving.

Yea, that def isn't the case. So I stand by my initial reply. Take a cab, it will be easier and cheaper.

Last edited:
If ur under 25 go with goaround its cheap depending on the car u choose and big cities usually have more options. .. if ur over 25 any rental place is good unless I have no insurance then goaround is the better choice since it include insurance. .. unless they have changed their policies...

im thinking about registering for car2go (i live on cap hill in seattle btw)

ive used lyft and sidecar - really good/cheap ways to get through town

Last edited:
ahh im not to familiar with that area since i grew up in shoreline but doesn't metro roll through or does it take a long *** time to get downtown

About a 40 minute trip total with bus and train. But I lost all patience for public transportation after I got my license. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom