Does anyone think Rayful Edmonds will b on American Gangster

I'm just curious because when I saw the DVD it seemed like he was getting a lot more money then some of the people they've showed on American Gangster

Chances are that he will....but you'll never hear the man himself tell his side of the story...Dude is in A1 protective custody like Nickey Barnes....
If you ain't watchin Kickin' it in the city...You should be ASHAMED of yourself!!!
TEAM
B A L T I M O R E
WEST B-MORE
CHAPTER

It's in the works now.
At night at dream that when I wake up, the males in the area will no longer be dressed like deflated packs of Skittles.

nickey barnes aint in no serious protective custody...he is doing dvd's on his life story, mr untouchable is narrated by him.

rayful would make for a good american gangster though..
www.iamhofe.com

was rayful really running it like that back in the day? im young so i wouldnt know it seems like unless i see the movie i wont know alot about him.

Team DC/MD/VA​

Yall was takin too long, so we had to do it...
young black and dashing like Sydney in his prime in a black film classic

you got ds size 13 foot patrol air stabs? get at me​

I'm surprised he isn't...the man put ALOT of people away...all over a woman and his car...I gotta find that documentary

If remember correctly from the rayful dvd, no one knows where rayful is...And yes he was gettin it in DC according older heads that I know who come from that era...

I would like to see Peanut King get on American Gangster tho..
If you ain't watchin Kickin' it in the city...You should be ASHAMED of yourself!!!
TEAM
B A L T I M O R E
WEST B-MORE
CHAPTER

Rayful Edmonds controlled over 20% of the crack/cocaine that came in DC, that sounds like a small number but the other 80% was controlled by smaller drug gangs, he was bringing in about 20 million in a month. His contacts and partners we some of the ******** players, the guy who gave Len Bias the drugs he overdosed on worked for Edmonds. He also wasn't too bad of a guy, he gave the guy who own the independant clothing company AllDaz startup money for the business. Dude would travel to NY on the regular shopping at Gucci, Armani, and the other shops on 5th Ave.
TeamDC/MD/VA​
home of the chicken wings w/mambo sauce and fries​

The thing is whenever I ask old heads from the city about him they never speak about the drugs or the violence or whatever....they just talk about how good he was and how he helped the community...I guess that says something about his character as a man, dude was dealing so much i dont even know.

They told me this @#%$ bought a block(houses)...used 2 to put his money in...1 for his weed...1 for his coke and then used the rest to put families in need in a house rent free...dont know if thats true but damn
The Real.

i would love to see this, wasnt jay z running for him?
TeamWolfShirts
"This shirt can help defend you from both minoritys AND homosexuals.
"

Quote:
was rayful really running it like that back in the day?

Yes Rayful was really running the city like that back in the day. Also, as stated in here, he wasn't that bad of a guy in general for what its worth to people that want to know. Even from his days at Dunbar, people didn't really see that in his characteristic, he helped out alot of people by putting them on and also hooking them up with blocks and money connects.

Quote:
wasnt jay z running for him?

Team
DC/MD/VA
Cough up a lung..Where Im From!!
O.G. Member #5​

Wasnt there already a thread on Rayful? I think polodon dropped some science on that one.

BET lists Rayful and the DC (clinton) snipers on the list of people on the show this season.... Im pretty sure they gonna show all the fluke stuff about Rayful tho.. That 20 mill a month figure is a lil off... that @#%$ was getting at least 75 a month. they got his bearskin rug in the spy museum, the one the feds filled wit all the cocaine. Rayful is still locked up, not in no a1 protective custody just a federal maximum security facility somewhere. He was rumored to have ties to the Medellin Cartel and was serving Marion Barry. They need to redo that HORRIBLE dvd. Part 2 is coming out soon i heard

As for Jay-Z working for him, thats not true. Hov did a interview in vibe a while ago talking about his maryland days. Hov worked for a brooklyn og named Klein.... "i never felt more alive than riding shotgun in klein's green five". When they attempted to set up shop in dc they were riddled with bullets and they stayed they @#%$ down in cambridge. The whole NewYork and DC thing soured due to ALPO. R.i.p. Fat Rodney

So far AG has been pretty decent, i aint like the Larry Hoover episode tho.
TRYIN TO STAY HATA FREE... STILL WATCH WHAT U SAY TO ME

I'll still never forget the story I heard about John Thompson's face-to-face w. Rayful about him hanging around Zo.

Quote:
From what I understand yes, that's why when Jay Z first came onto the scene, alot of people here in DC already knew who he was and had some of his old songs. Back in the day Dead Presidents I was probably bigger here in DC than it was in New York. Jay already had a fanbase here in the urea before he even got big
202< Bush Lives In My Backyard, He Doesn't Dare Hop That Fence >202

Nah dude been locked up since the late 80's, son was that man i knew a dude that used to work for him. Edmonds stayed up in Crystal Skate, always with some phat joints, and from what I heard some "fun boys" too.
TeamDC/MD/VA​

Yeah... O pretty much gave the insight on what many 30 and up's remembered from back in the day. I too heard Ray was a bit sugary on the boy toys...

Funny even the most powerful men have their vices...
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

Alot of the older heads I know said the same thing bout him being a sweet tart....
TEAM
B A L T I M O R E
WEST B-MORE
CHAPTER

a sweet tart? :lol:
laugh.gif

Team DC/MD/VA
"EQAUL OPPORTUNITY RACIST"
O.G. Member DreadHeadTHE MANGO JUICE KEEPS DRIPPIN

This is what I heard about his man loving tendencies

He got his best friend (a male) to get a sex change and dated him because he didn't trust women. Most people see that as being a man lover but he thought of it as women talk tooo much. He said women liked to brag and tell their so-called girlfriends and that would put his business out there.

This man use to walk outside in mink coats in the summer. 58th street use to be live, they had lawyers, doctors, politicians you name it they came through to cop some. He was very nice to low income families kids in the community buying them shoes, school supplies, whatever. He is a legend in D.C. people still talk about the rise and fall of Rayful. A NY cat got pinched and snithced, some dudes just can't do the time for their crimes you know how that goes. Rayful is in PC for snitching as well, no one knows where he's at. Some people didn't know that the reason why they started listening to phone calls from prision inmates was because Rayful was still making moves while inside.

Yeah, but dude snitched on alot of folks when he gave the feds info on who supplied him. All to keep his mother out of jail, his whole family was put in jail except for his brother who left the game before the feds began to watch Rayful

here's some info from wikipedia

At his peak, Edmond was alleged to have sold over 2,000 kilos of cocaine a week, worth tens of millions of dollars, in the Washington, D.C. area. Edmond controlled as much as 70% of the D.C. drug trade in the late 1980s. He was known to have spent some $457,619 in an exclusive Georgetown store (Linea Pitti, specializing in Italian men's clothing) owned by Charles Wynn who was later convicted on 34 counts of money laundering. Georgetown University basketball coach John Thompson personally requested that Edmond cease all contacts with his players, including Alonzo Mourning.

Edmond was arrested in 1989 at the age of 24. His arrest and subsequent trial were widely covered by local and national media. Judicial officials, fearful of reprisals from members of Edmond's gang, imposed unprecedented security during the trial. Jurors' identities were kept secret before, during, and after trial, and their seating area was enclosed in bulletproof glass. Edmond was jailed at the maximum security facility at Marine Corps Base Quantico in Virginia and flown to the Federal Court House in Washington, D.C. by helicopter each day for his trial. Authorities took this unusual step due to heightened fears of an armed escape attempt. This gang was believed to have committed over 40 murders including the attempted murder of a local pastor, the Reverend Mr. Bynum, who was shot 12 times during an anti-drug march in his Orleans place neighborhood.

Edmond was eventually sentenced to life in prison. His mother, Constance "Milk Chocolate" Perry, was sentenced to 14 years in prison for participating in his criminal enterprise. Several of his sisters and cousins also received sentences.

In 1996, Edmond was convicted after conducting drug business from a federal prison phone, receiving an additional 30-year sentence. Edmond's case is one of the most notorious abuses of such phone privileges,[1] and an embarrassment for the Bureau of Prisons. In an interview with the Bureau of Prisons, Edmond said he had spent several hours every day on the telephone, occasionally using two lines simultaneously to conduct his drug business.

Following this conviction, Edmond became a government informant in order to secure his mother's release from prison. While he is still incarcerated, Edmond is now part of the United States Federal Witness Protection Program and his location is unknown.

TeamDC/MD/VA​

I knew I wasn't crazy...that man is in A-1 PC....
TEAM
B A L T I M O R E
WEST B-MORE
CHAPTER

Yeah.. I wish there was a Real Movie made about him... cause I haven't seen the documentary... cause as much as there is people being interviewed, its just that....

But at least a movie puts it in some sort of perspective. I would think he would have written a book or SOMETHING or allowed a movie to be done about him.

Where does ALL that money go that he made while in jail?
Gratuitus For Sale Plug: DS & VNDS Size 10.5 & 11XII's XIII's V's XIX XIX SEs 2K3s 2K4s VC's​

the documentary is on youtube, type his name in
TeamWolfShirts
"This shirt can help defend you from both minoritys AND homosexuals.
"

The Gov couldn't have gotten ahold of ALL of it, cause alot of that money is straight CASH homey...and not all in US banks...

well in the documentary they said he began to get rid of alot of his assets, but not all of it. I wouldn't think that a drug dealer would have any bank accounts in their name, or have any for that matter, but he did keep alot of his money in houses that the feds knew about and which they took over and used the money as evidence in his trial..
TeamDC/MD/VA​

that money is still floating around somewhere. remember he was still running @#%$ for like 5 years while he was in prison. i know they seized all his cars that he didnt sell off. alot of them dudes in his "gang" didnt even get caught, i wouldnt be surprised if they're all somewhere "spending money from 88". lol
TRYIN TO STAY HATA FREE... STILL WATCH WHAT U SAY TO ME

Back
Top Bottom