Does Butler have any chance of beating Duke?

Need help NT...
I bet huge on Butler to win it all in the tourney.  I am debating to hedge my bet (bet half against them and take Duke) so I can take the guarantee money and help pay for my wedding.

If Butler has a legitimate shot I may just ride it out and try and get the big payout.

Need your help guys...

Thanks fam...

Yeah, I think it's gonna be a very competitive game. I'm hopin' for Duke to pull it out though. I think it will come down to the final few mins.

No.

If it's within 10 they will have played extremely well.

But I'm guessing that's a pretty big pay off...I would let it ride.

Take your balls out of your purse and let it ride!
laugh.gif
....you made it this far..

Nah, I would hedge for sure.

Guaranteed money > Risked money.

Plus, Duke is gonna whoop that %#@.

Originally Posted by jrp44

Take your balls out of your purse and let it ride!
laugh.gif
....you made it this far..

Nice... you sound exactly like my friends.  My only hesitation is that the hedge would really help cover the "open bar" at my wedding 
pimp.gif

Duke will win by 15 points margin. If  Singler is off during the regional finals game with Baylor. Scheyer and Nolan Smith got those relief. Brian Zoubek is a demon on offensive board. That game with West Virginia is a truly balance in defense and offense plus the height factor.
Butler will end their Cinderella story this Monday. Their edge is they will be playing in their hometown crowd
smile.gif

how much did you bet and what were the odds? how much are you planning to hedge?

i would take the for sure money. can't risk it.

I caught Butler at +450 to win the tourney. I laid down $200 (to win $900). I also went $250 on Duke today and hit that so my basic payout options are...

1) Butler wins - $1150 (as is)
2) Duke wins - $450 (hedge the bet)

But remember the point spread is not out, and I will probably have to go Duke money line which might be super high

i don't know if they can do it. Butler have good guards but DUKE is a tall team and can shoot the day lights out if they're hot

I caught Butler at +450 to win the tourney. I laid down $200 (to win $900). I also went $250 on Duke today and hit that so my basic payout options are...
$200....is not betting "huge"....try adding at least another 0 homie, thats considered huge..200 is your everyday amateur bet...

Early line is Duke -6.5, so that is a decent amount of respect for Butler. Moneyline is -330. Hmm, not sure the best way to hedge this yet.

UTEP was feeding Caracter and he was easily scoring so talented bigs can kill them. They also slow the pace down.

I was in a similar situation when the Celtics faced LA and I had a few g's on the line and I thought the Lakers were getting too much moneyline respect for the series so I let it ride. But that was an emotional decision that I probably shouldn't have made, even if I came out on top.

Originally Posted by jeddahblaster

Duke will win by 15 points margin. If  Singler is off during the regional finals game with Baylor. Scheyer and Nolan Smith got those relief. Brian Zoubek is a demon on offensive board. That game with West Virginia is a truly balance in defense and offense plus the height factor.
Butler will end their Cinderella story this Monday. Their edge is they will be playing in their hometown crowd
smile.gif

This has been the story ever since the ACC tourney up until now and will hopefully carry on for 1 MORE GAME!!!!!!!!!!

honestly the payout isnt high enough for you to hedge it....just let it ride...if it was like 5g's or something then i would have done it....just got for it...athough i dont think the game is closer than 10 points

I hope so but I doubt it...these Cinderella stories never end as well as they could. It will probably be close to start off but then Duke will take over and turn it into a blowout in the 2nd half
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom