does christmas affect the quality of refs?

I only saw the knick/heat game and the lakers/cavs game. the refs were atrocious in both games. Do you think the "best" NBA refs were at home withtheir families? Stern probably would give his best refs the day off. I didn't catch the names of who was refing each game so I'm not sure. I'mpretty sure I heard one of the refs in the knick game was refing their first game ever.

The refs were god awful for the first 3 games of the day. Made them all completely unwatchable. Especially the Magic/Celtics game. I stopped watching afterthat.

No. They are horrible all of the time...not just for the Christams games.

The Lakers lossed fair and square. No excuses OP.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

smh.gif

Oh yall whooped our !+% no doubt. The refs were terrible though but it still had no effect on the outcome of the game.

The Celtics/Magic game was atrocious. And nobody in here is making excuses for us, Animal Thug. Fall back.

There shouldn't be a "best" referee to begin with..... So I don't know what the definition of that.. maybe more experienced? If that'sthe case, I don't think Stern has a schedule for them off. I would think they would ref the "big" games.

But when were talking about officials, remember they are unionized. So if they work like any other union, the most senior officials have the first choice forwhen their holidays are. Therefore, if they want Christmas off, the most experienced referees will have first say on if they want that day or not.

At least, I would assume that to be the case.

Quite frankly I don't care for Christmas games anyway.

Maybe one or two, but I don't really need 5 games all day long.

It's the holidays, let people spend time with their families.

smh.gif

I swear anything cavs related and you make the dumbest statements ever.

hes talking about the REFS. if you watched more then just the cavs/lakers game, you can see that the refs were horrendous in pretty much every game playedyesterday.

and ballin makes a good point. i dont think that would be the case though...who knows.

I apologize. Anyone who knows me knows I don't ever misspell or disrupt my grammar..

Either way, my point got across..
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

But when were talking about officials, remember they are unionized. So if they work like any other union, the most senior officials have the first choice for when their holidays are. Therefore, if they want Christmas off, the most experienced referees will have first say on if they want that day or not.

yea I was thinking along these lines. By best I do mean most experienced.

smh.gif

I'm a die hard knick fan man what the hell are you talking about. I didn't even say that the refs were one sided.

you always so damn insecure

Originally Posted by DubA169

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

But when were talking about officials, remember they are unionized. So if they work like any other union, the most senior officials have the first choice for when their holidays are. Therefore, if they want Christmas off, the most experienced referees will have first say on if they want that day or not.

yea I was thinking along these lines. By best I do mean most experienced.
Exactly. Our "experienced" (which is the best way to describe best when talking about NBA officials) were all at home. No $+!* Bavetta,Joey Crawford, Slvatore, etc etc. All of them were at home opening their presents
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom