Does every1 really hate the Jordan 2009 or is everyone jumping the band wagon

Originally Posted by blco02

Originally Posted by Tommy Gibbs

Back in '96 when the XI's dropped, nobody liked them except for some hardcore Jordan heads.

This is a NT myth. XI's sold very well originally.

you're absolutely right, blco. i don't know where this notion comes from. there was a lot of public interest even back then because MJ wore them in 95in sample/PE form when the shoe wasn't even ready for market. i know i wasn't the only one who watched ahmad rashad "preview" them. idon't remember there being lines or anything, but i couldn't even find a pair in my size to save my life.
mad.gif

I don't think everybody hats the 09's per say...I think everybody hates the price of the 09's...If JB set their price point for these at around$150 or lower I bet there would be a bunch more people saying they would pick them up...

Originally Posted by bohrdom

Originally Posted by blco02

Originally Posted by Tommy Gibbs

Back in '96 when the XI's dropped, nobody liked them except for some hardcore Jordan heads.

This is a NT myth. XI's sold very well originally.

you're absolutely right, blco. i don't know where this notion comes from. there was a lot of public interest even back then because MJ wore them in 95 in sample/PE form when the shoe wasn't even ready for market. i know i wasn't the only one who watched ahmad rashad "preview" them. i don't remember there being lines or anything, but i couldn't even find a pair in my size to save my life.
mad.gif

actually first out the gate they didnt sell well til the bred colorway came, then that sealed the deal

i wouldnt mind getting them its a nice shoe but 200+ its just too much...

It's just a really generic, hi-tech version of the 14 that's so plain it's not worth the 190. At first I thought if they went on super sale I'dpick them up but the more I see them the more generic they get. I'd rather spend my money on the new CP3's or something like that to ball in.

THEY HAVE TO BE AT THE TOP FOR THE WOREST JORDAN'S EVER MADE..COMPLETE GARBAGE TO ME..

Before they released I didn't like the white pair. I wanted the S23s but they didn't make them in my size. I'll definitely get the white pair whenthe price goes down.

I personally found myself trying to like them because they where Jordan's. That's when I knew I should stay away.

Naw. I am a serious Jordan fan and have reached my goal of having my favorite of each sig line. These just don't say "Jordan" to me.

Originally Posted by bullsjayz

They just don't say "Jordan" to me, if you know what I mean? If I saw them somewhere for $70, I might get them to ball in, but I have not desire. Not even different colorways could help this shoe, it's just too bland of a design.

i Hate it when Dudes call Hoppin on Bandwagons...its just Mass Appeal. You any better by not "hoppin" on?
JB just made a shoe that the masses dont like...the majority of the people dont like.
Its not followin trends...its just followin your taste and style.

According to the specs they look like they're superb when it comes to functionality...now the look of the shoe on the other hand isn't to nice whichmake it hard for me to shell out almost 200 bucks for a pair of kicks id only play ball in...I can't pay that much for sneakers that im gonna turn aroundand ruin

According to the specs they look like they're superb when it comes to functionality...now the look of the shoe on the other hand isn't to nice whichmake it hard for me to shell out almost 200 bucks for a pair of kicks id only play ball in...I can't pay that much for sneakers that im gonna turn aroundand ruin

I think you're right when you suggest that JB made a shoe that the masses don't like (design wise). But to the same respect I don't think everyoneas individualistic as you think. I think there are some that don't dig the shoe cause everyone else isn't. To the same token there are a lot of NTerson this post who don't care and will rock the shoe either way.

I got to say (sneakerhead 1287) I feel you on not wanting to spend the 2 bills on the shoe to ruin them playing in. I haven't worn a pair of J's forball since the OG 13's back in '98 (I still feel bad about that). As both a collector and wearer, I only ball or workout in the kicks I buy from theoutlet. Everything else (which is mainly retro J's or airmax's) are straight fashion pieces.

i don't really hate them. i just don't think they are anything special and the price on it is just ridiculous, i mean we are in a recession, we isgoing to pay 190 for a pair of shoes...

Back
Top Bottom