Does NT listen to Reggaeton?

The man responsible for discovering ''Luny Tunes'' is a monsta, homie is killin it on an iPad... NELSON TU ERES UN LOCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These new cats talking about they started Latin Trap, well the truth is Tempo did it way before them in 1999, hear it for yourself!

^ At the time when Tempo did that track they didn't call it latin trap, just rap, but its def what fathered latin trap.

^ At the time when Tempo did that track they didn't call it latin trap, just rap, but its def what fathered latin trap.

ehh...i wouldn't conflate Spanish rap with latin trap.

reggaeton dudes for w/e reason can rap seamlessly on trap beats, but when it goes to straight Spanish rap, it all goes down da isher.

ehh...i wouldn't conflate Spanish rap with latin trap.

reggaeton dudes for w/e reason can rap seamlessly on trap beats, but when it goes to straight Spanish rap, it all goes down da isher.
That Tempo track in particular was a trap song, from the beat to the flow it def screams out trap. It was one of the first latin trap songs, crazy thing they just wasnt using the word trap at the time. At the end of the day rap is rap, trap is just a subgenre of hip hop/rap. You may not be feelin the latin rap movement, but Bad Bunny does. I remember seeing a video of him bumping Lito & Polaco. Man, those were the times. A lot of the Reggaeton artists first entered the game doing latin rap, artists like Tego Calderon, Yaviah, Tempo, etc. Why you think back in the days they used to compare Tempo to 2Pac. Ask any Rican/Dominican from the island thats 30+ they'll tell you who's Mr. Cavalucci, MC Ceja, Lito & Polaco, etc. Man these guys were the creme de la creme of latin rap.

Before coming out with ''El Abayarde'' Tego dropped this latin rap track.

circa 2001

And in 1997 on the ''Crazy Boricuas 2'' album Tego also had a latin rap track.

Tempo with some Conscious latin rap, this track def screams out the Rican 2Pac.

circa 2000

Last edited:
I remember reading about how Tego wanted to quit, and this is before his ''El Abayarde'' album. I'm glad he didnt cause he def contributed for the growth of this genre.

Arcangel claims that ''El Pistolon'' is the very first Latin Trap song, really? He wants to hide Tempo's ''Oh No No'' song under the rug, cause that's really the first Latin Trap song. You do the math in which song was the first, ''Oh No No'' by Tempo came out in 1999, and ''El Pistolon'' by Arcangel ft. Yaga & Mackie came out in 2007.

Calle 13's Suave Remix beat still goes hard, that's why in my book DJ BLASS will always be my num. 1 fav producer. Dude was ahead of his time, he always was on that futuristic steez! BLASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

circa 2005

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom