Does NT listen to Reggaeton?

didn't know Ozuna had beef Don Omar, and da anuel AA cosculluela beef didn't hit my radar like it should've.
Don't forget Tempo beefing with Anuel AA. Randy taking shots at Ozuna cause they have identical singing voices. And its true, Randy fathered Ozuna's voice, you can hear it a lot in Randy's (Jowell & Randy) early 2000s material.

Tiraeras aren't what they used to be, back in the days it was more lyrical, and the beats were top notch. Some beefs stayed on wax, and others didn't like Daddy Yankee vs. Falo, also Master Joe (Master Joe & OG Black) vs. Tempo. Another thing some artists have expressed that tiraeras doesnt really bring you the big bucks.

The early 2000s was a magical era and DJ Blass has a lot to do with the boom. His catalog speaks for itself he has produced for Daddy Yankee, Nicky Jam, Wisin & Yandel, Plan B, Magnate & Valentino, Lito & Polaco, Yaga & Mackie, etc. Some reading this may be saying to themselves hey what about Luny Tunes? yeah they also did their thing in the early 2000s, but DJ Blass was before them. What's incredible to me is that here you just have one guy producing for all these artists, and on the other hand with Luny Tunes it was two dudes & they also needed Noriega, DJ Chico aka DJ Sonic, etc. Man, Blass was and still is amazing. DJ Blass is the epitome of a musical genius.

Hopefully for 2019 we all can hear some new music from the Beat God. Imagine an Ozuna, Anuel AA, Maluma, etc. song produced by DJ Blass that would be bonkers.

Blasssssssssssssss

The majority of the early 2000s tracks that were produced by Blass to this day sound Mad Fresh (they have aged well). Production wise Blass was ahead of his time. He really came with a different sound. His beats were out of this world. All the big names from that era worked with Blass either on their own albums or on those compilation albums: Wisin & Yandel, Daddy Yankee, Nicky Jam, Plan B, Speedy, Master Joe & OG Black, Maicol & Manuel, Zion & Lennox, Yaviah, Jenay, Great Kilo, Divino, Magnate & Valentino, Don Omar, Tito & Hector, Karel & Voltio, MC Ceja, Lito & Polaco, Falo, Big Boy, John Eric, Tego Calderon, Alberto Stylee, Yaga & Mackie, etc.

Those people that don't know will dissmiss all of these facts and only give credit to Luny Tunes. Lets get things straight. I'm not trying to take nothing away from Luny Tunes cause they also have produced a lot of great tracks, but historically speaking DJ Blass was first, thanks to him (the new guy at the time) and DJ Joe the sound evolved. And it spawned a wave of how to make a more modernized sounding beat. In which Luny Tunes, Noriega, DJ Sonic, Eliel, etc. all ran with it and made their own unforgettable gems. Even the veteran producers (Playero aka Majestic, DJ Adam, DJ Eric, DJ Goldy aka Mr. Goldy, etc.) adapted themselves to this new formula, and they also killed it.

Prime examples:
Nicky Jam - 'Yo No Soy Tu Marido' prod. by Playero aka Majestic album: Kilates 2

Plan B - 'Perreandote' prod. by DJ Goldy aka Mr. Goldy album: Mr. Goldy El Desorden

Plan B - 'Buscando Calor' prod. by DJ Goldy aka Mr. Goldy album: Blin Blin

Eddie Dee - 'Soltero y Sin Compromiso' prod. by DJ Adam album: Majestic

Nicky Jam - 'Mi Yal Eres Tu' prod. by Playero album: Playero 42

Baby Rasta & Gringo - 'Vente Conmigo' prod. by DJ Eric album: DJ Eric La Industria Vol. 7 '7 Away'

Tego Calderon - 'Elegante De Boutique' prod. by DJ Goldy aka Mr. Goldy album: Tego Calderon El Enemy De Los Guasibiri

Last edited:
BMI Latin Award Winner DJ Blass holds his awards onstage during the 19th Annual BMI Latin Music Awards at the Encore Las Vegas on March 30, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
DJ Blass.jpg

Dj Blass is my all time fave producer. Dj joe was on my list too. Loved this one from Fatal fantassy 3.

Dj dicky was up there too. No fear 4

Love me some wisin throwback

Ultimate fave from speedy

Plan b Mundo de plan B album was goat caliber. Dj blass doing his thing in there too of course

Another goat album. Blass

Luny tunes with the tra tra

Dj joe and trebol clan

Even tho voltio did his thing as a solo artist, loved the duo of karel y voltio

If Abel woulda done his thing with his flow, instant classic

Back
Top Bottom