Does the economy reflect you purchase Jordans?

Just wondering...

...with the mortgage crisis and struggling economy, things like car sales, traveling and shopping have gone down vs. previous years. Does it affect how youpurchase Jordans? Maybe why so many of the XX2s, XXI PEs, and other shoes are in outlets?

COULD BE.... I THINK IT AFFECTS THE DISPOSABLE INCOME OF AMERICANS PERIOD. WHICH DOES HAVE A EFFECT ON OUR SPENDING ON SNEAKERS AND OTHER WANTS

It might for some people but for sneakerheads I seriously doubt it. I mean the XX2's retail at 175. They sit on shelves mainly because of the very lavishprice tag. Whereas a retro pair retails cheaper and usually is someone's grail so they go almost automatically. So in the case of the economy, I don'tthink Jordan purchases deeply affect the guy who absolutely has to have a pair of his favorite Jordans.

Economy doesnt effect Air Jordan purchases. A sneakerhead (dumb as we are) would rather have fresh new jays on their feet than have ANY food in their stomach.

Im not saying this is me (ha!) but I do know some bums who have no sense of priorities.

I know some sneakerheads who didnt pay rent, utilities, car ran out of gas, etc, but their laces were nice and crispy!

Now rising gas prices does have a direct corelation on clothing and "dispensible" income people purchase.

But then again...some of ya'll dont drive anyway lol

it does but at the same time it doesnt because most of us on this forum r blind when we go to buy our favorite jordan and can careless about being broke afterthat satisfaction, but at the same time most poor or dusty (or whatever we call them) people dont get jordans simply because they cant afford them and it wouldgreatly affect their economic status, am i right?

for the people who has responsibilities already yes i does affect but for younger kids with rich parents i doubt it

The economy does not reflect my purchases, it might affect my purchases but not reflect or effect. Has it yet? I'm at that point where I'm thinking ofselling some of my shoes that I have stockpiled to purchase grown up toys.

Regardless of what anyone says a big percentage of the Jordan sales are by kids.. And with that said our little part time jobs are paying for our grails and astime progresses the ones with the largest collection will be the one with the smallest house.l0l. But honestly people will get there hands on what they wantregarldess of price and how it affects them is there personal income..

Reason XX2's and XXI's are in outlets is because nobody wants them ....

The economy doesn't have any effect on the purchase of Jordans at the moment. The only reason the 22's are in outlets is because they made sooooo manyof them.

Originally Posted by coolcat4

for the people who has responsibilities already yes i does affect but for younger kids with rich parents i doubt it

i agree 100 percent..but my parent is not rich lol n the economy doesnt really reflect on my purchase

no money affects my jordan acquisitions period
and I wish I could find a pair of XX2s in the outlet in KC. all we get are Team Jordans
tired.gif

it greatly affects people like myself who dont have much extra cash to spend and have to save up to buy a new pair of shoes between paying bills, gas, andcar repairs
sick.gif
. but for some it doesnt even matter

lol, it does affect me. I have a 50 thousand dollar loan to pay, so i think about 90 times if i really want to buy the shoes i want.

If US dollar is losing it's value in the global market than I think reflects on anyone who uses the US dollar. It may not effect you directly right whenyou the purchase shoes, but when you have to pay more money for gas, food, bills, and other things that are going up due to the economy tumbling, that extramoney you used could have went to another pair of shoes.

The economy does not reflect my purchases, it might affect my purchases but not reflect or effect. Has it yet? I'm at that point where I'm thinking of selling some of my shoes that I have stockpiled to purchase grown up toys.

The reason I chose the word reflect is because, a poor economy may be a reflection of your disposable income so you maynot purchase Jordans and vice-versa

Even though the economy is not doing so well, people go out and buy sneakers everyday. But when it comes to the price gas thats when people start to complainthe fact is people dont see sneakers as something to complain about. So i would say no it doesnt affect it because we would rather look fresh than have tospend on other necessities.

Take an economics class please. Jordan makes 500 colorways of ugly%%%% shoes for instance lets say the spizikes. 20 thousand of you idiots that like thespizikes line up in the morning at around 5,6,7 to buy ad ugly%%%% shoe. As the population grows and people continually buy ugly *!$! - and jordan keepscoming out with 500 colorways of#@#+$@@!$ they will be just fine. You really cannot compare sales from year to year due to the influx of more shoes and morebuyers. Making it seem like the economy will be doing worse. Plus who is to judge that the economy is good or bad. The unemployment rate nationwide hasn'tmoved up or down in a huge way. So as people work and continue to receive checks they will buy products.Its basically that simple.

As long as rappers keep talking about BLING and%*+++@%# and Jordan keeps making ugly%%%% shoes to match those ugly%%%% lyrics - im sure the world of JB will bedoing just fine.

^^^ u sound upset, we're not talking about the state of JB, or the people who line up to buy shoes,

just those who have loans and live off the interest rate and struggling market,

Well thats kind of what I was saying - At the time that we live right now people are more worried about looking good now than the ramifications of that later.As loans and such go people in general are into worrying about it later, Like school loans im sure we can all relate - well most of us anyways. Each semesterwe get a loan check back - 90% of us probably more go and buy clothes a new ipod or save up for the newest kick that comes out. So economically people will notchange and thus keeping Michaels alimony payments intact and the new miss Jordan a happy woman.

I'm not mad just telling things how they are.

Back
Top Bottom