Does this make sense to you? (US shipping to CAN)

Ok so I bought a pair of USA Zoom Kobe Is on ebay Feb. 9th and they were 125$ USD plus 20$USD shipping (with Fed Ex). So the total came to like $165 canadian or something around there.......anyways the shoes came on Feb.21st (shipped from Flordia). Then on March 2nd, I get a letter saying I owe $107 CAN for duties? $107 for duties is pretty damn rediculous and not to mention I got the letter a week after I got the shoes. What would you do, just pay it? Anyone else have problems with Fed Ex shipping from US to Canada?
TeamLakers
Member #8 for Loyalty

I've had the same problem before, and just never payed it. Fedex hasn't sent me anything since.

TEAMlateNIGHT
>WE NEVER SLEEP<
Kingstons Finest

You used an independent shipper and they usually send duty charges after delivery not during delivery or pick-up...

And yes, they do charge more than your Canadapost because of crazy extra fees...that's why you stay away from FedEx and UPS.

Just ask your shoes to be shipped via EMS or Global Express Mail. Usually US$24-30 and arrives here 3-5 biz days. Has online tracking and you can always ask the sender to tag them as GIFT and with a value of US$25-50.
FOR SALE AF1 Priority Philippines Inside/Out sz 9 DS LOOKING FOR Lebron SVSMs sz 9 - 10 DSdOubleO @ gmail . com (just remove the spaces)

dang that's a load of cash, i would avoid it lol
F/S: 4th generation 20gb Ipod silicone case, blue, $20 shipped, msg me for details!

yeah well i bought stuff shipped with UPS before and never had crazy duties like this, but oh well, i learned my lesson, never buy something shipped with fed ex
TeamLakersMember #8 for Loyalty

Quote:
Yeah, Danny make sure you get things shipped to you as a gift.
Team Logic
A flaw in the logic? As long as it's nobody that's in my clique...​
It's called qualifying your statement, try it sometime.​
EMAIL: vinsanity2k5@hotmail.com
YO! Sell me your size 12-12.5 XVIs,III mochas,20.5.5 blues,XIII flint, XI DMP and AZGs!

if the letter is from Fedex then just forget it.
well UPS is worst. so thats why i never use UPS
FS: DS size 10 AJ DMP package, DS size 10 AJ XIII low white/maize, VVVNDS AJ 11 Retro Columbia size 11, AJ XVIII towels all Brand new in blk, red, blue color.(send me ur best offer)

it's up to you, but you can alwasy get the dude to mark the package as a gift and a value below $20. That way you dont get charged duties and NO brokerage fees(which are the killer, duties arent really that much, it's the brokerage fees that Fedex and UPS charge)
looking for the following in a size 12/13 - Hawaii Dunks, Black Spizike's

ur better off not accepting the package, and getting a refund..
and buying again from another seller

Back
Top Bottom