Does Time Really Heal All Wounds?

Ive been thinking about making an attempt to mend a friendship (or what I thought was a friendship) I used to have with a young lady which fell apart about two years ago. I wasn’t at fault because 1. I didn’t do anything wrong 2. she called me immediately after the fact to apologize. I haven’t said anything to her since, but we work in the same building so I do see her about once a week and we act like we don’t know each other. So I was thinking NT should I say something to her or should I just leave it alone like its been?

I had a similar situation with a girl in high school.
I ignored her for most of my time there.

Now that I look back, I kind of regret it. She was a cool chick, I just handled the situation in a immature manner. 
ohwell.gif

since its been two years and it seems like its bothering you...yes you should.

nah dont bother.

Just know it for the future so it wont happen with someone else. Its not immature its learing from your mistakes.

Originally Posted by Pmighty

Ive been thinking about making an attempt to mend a friendship (or what I thought was a friendship) I used to have with a young lady which fell apart about two years ago. I wasn’t at fault because 1. I didn’t do anything wrong 2. she called me immediately after the fact to apologize. I haven’t said anything to her since, but we work in the same building so I do see her about once a week and we act like we don’t know each other. So I was thinking NT should I say something to her or should I just leave it alone like its been?
Next time you see her, just speak to her and keep it moving just like you would an old lady in the building. 

No need to go all "I'm so sorry" and no need to act like she's some arch enemy. 

Why not?

If everything goes well you get your friend back.

If everything goes bad you're pretty much where you're at now.

I say go for it.

i fell offf a moped last year and my arm got all
e6126c762964b19dbaef95d2dc9da64a6364d302_r.gif
 up.

now the wounds are all healed.

so i would say yes to your question

It was her fault, it happened two years ago, yall see each other once a week and she hasn't said a word to you?
I wouldn't bother, it probably isn't bothering her at all. Just keep it moving, you'll be alright

Forgive her and let the past be the past. shake that shhh off and move on. Trust me, she is out doing her thang and your on NT stressing. Just make sure you don't forget that B did you wrong.

Trust me, she is out doing her thang and your on NT stressing.
i wouldnt say im stressin i jus seen her this morning and it ran across my mind.
ohwell.gif

Why not?

If everything goes well you get your friend back.

If everything goes bad you're pretty much where you're at now
makes sense

for me, its time and distance that help heal wounds but that distance must be kept depending on the situation.

I'm currently dealing with something where over time, I was feeling better. Also, the fact that the person was so far away always helped but now they are back around so its not the best situation.

I won't say it heals all wounds, but it allows the involved parties to step away and consider the situation and how, ultimately, it's childish not to move on and forgive and forget.

The fact that it's bothering you after so long AND that you don't acknowledge each other may mean it's time to patch that hole.

Just tell her it's okay and that you've moved on and matured.

The longer you wait, the longer whatever has been harboring will eventually rear its head.

Life is too short to hold grudges.

All wounds? probably not, such as a death of someone close to you. But in terms of things like friendships and relationships, i would say so 

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]another female thread huh?....... this needs to stop.[/color]

I actually been through what OP is talking about. If you forgive her(which it sounds like you do) I say go for it, but understand she may not be willing to start your friendship back up. Basically I wouldn't go in with expectations.

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

I actually been through what OP is talking about. If you forgive her(which it sounds like you do) I say go for it, but understand she may not be willing to start your friendship back up. Basically I wouldn't go in with expectations.
so what did you do?

I ended up not reaching out as I couldn't forgive them.

You should go for it bro, if not you'll always wonder what if. It sounds like your friendship with her meant something to you.

"they say time heals all wounds, but time is what took my tomorrows and made them into my yesterdays"

OP don't live with regret...be the bigger man and make your own moves...forget about getting played again or things not going your way. If you think it's worth it then go for it.

Back
Top Bottom