Dominican NT'ers, Help Me Out!

Sup fellas. So could you guys teach me some words that I should know about? What does palomo mean? Is that the equivalent as calling your homeboys son and stuff liek that? A term of endearment? Where could I learn more spanish words like that? Slang is it? I know this thread is mad ignant, but I don't know who else to ask to rid of my ignorance and stuff. Also, is Dominican spanish similar to Puerto Rican spanish? inb4 stop comparing me or any offensive people up in arms. I told you, I don't know any of this and I don't know any Dominicans either, so it doesn't help. K thnx.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Don't deny your Patoness, b
oye pato
laugh.gif

que?

oye palomo, para que quieres aprender espanol "dominicano" si no tiene amigos que son dominicano...eres cray o que?

Originally Posted by jasoner27

oye palomo, para que quieres aprender espanol "dominicano" si no tiene amigos que son dominicano...eres cray o que?

Just because, I plan on visiting the DR one time one of these days and I don't wanna be all like "LOL QUE?!"
Could you guys define these for me?

Ofrescome

Palomo

Canazo

Any more?

Originally Posted by bronxstreets

palomo is a herb ....son dont go around calling people that

oh, wait that dude just called me a herb tho
laugh.gif

It's cool. Wait, what if it's just playing around? 

Are curse words the same as any other spanish? 

Pendejo, Puta, Perro, etc...?

You should go to DR and be you - THe last thing you need is going to the hood and calling some random person - Oye Palomo!

Is like me going to Mexico and trying to speak with a mexican slang, first you get laughed at then then probably snuff!

Be you, plus the females will probably love you a lot more!

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

You should go to DR and be you - THe last thing you need is going to the hood and calling some random person - Oye Palomo!

Is like me going to Mexico and trying to speak with a mexican slang, first you get laughed at then then probably snuff!

Be you, plus the females will probably love you a lot more!
I'm not trying to fake the funk. I just want to know the meaning behind the words ya know? I don't want to be there and just be dazed and confused because I don't understand what is being said or if I'm being mocked or some !!#%.

i got you my brother with some simple phrases that should get you through a night.

yo soy un mariconaso del diablo = Damn girl you're smoking hot
yo soy un mamaguebo = wheres the beer?
bucame un tipo que me baje el queso = Which ladies wanna dance

Originally Posted by CoryBudden

i got you my brother with some simple phrases that should get you through a night.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

the thing with dominican slang is that some of it can be used joking around but can also be used to insult dudes.

Oye che, no me tomes la cara de pendjo, ah?

roll.gif

I'm not Dominican and understand some of this %+*%,
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by datdude0903

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

the thing with dominican slang is that some of it can be used joking around but can also be used to insult dudes.
This is true with any slang - You have to know how to use it and who to use it with.
I know fools that have gotten shot in PR by using the wrong words.

This guys called another known guy Cabron, next thing we see is the gun blasting him down.  

roll.gif
roll.gif
I've done this so many times, it never gets old.

Back
Top Bottom