Domino's Pizza - new recipe/flavor for pizza out now Dec 27th GR

[h1]http://articles.moneycentral.msn.co...t-dispatches.aspx?post=1460446&_blg=1,1460446
[/h1] [h1]Domino's changes its recipes[/h1]

[h2]The pizza-delivery company is marking its 50th anniversary with new flavors.[/h2]

Posted by Elizabeth Strott on Wednesday, December 16, 2009 11:53 AM

Domino's Pizza (DPZ) is reinventing its pizza "from the crust up."

The pizza-delivery chain is announcing a new recipe for its pizza , including new cheese, sauce and crust. The effort is "not a slight tweak," spokesman Tim McIntyre said, and it's the culmination of two years of testing.

The new crust will be a garlic-seasoned recipe with parsley, and the sauce will be sweeter and bolder with a "medley of herbs and a red-pepper kick." The cheese is made with 100% mozzarella, flavored with just a hint of provolone, the company said.

The move comes ahead of Domino's 50th anniversary next year, and the new pizza will be in all U.S. stores beginning Dec. 27.

"The fact is, we love our pizza, but as times change, so do consumer tastes," Russell Weiner, Domino's chief marketing officer, said in a press release. "We've created a pizza to reflect what consumers are looking for. . . . To us, it's as big as McDonald's (MCD) changing the Big Mac, or Burger King (BKC) reinventing the Whopper. We spent the last 18 months reinventing the brand in anticipation of our 50th anniversary."

The $33.5 billion quick-service pizza industry has been slammed by the recession, with delivery sales down 6% in 2009 through October compared with the same period last year.

The forecast for the overall restaurant industry does not look much brighter for 2010. After five consecutive quarters of traffic declines through September 2009, the industry will remain weak at least through the first half of 2010, according to a forecast by The NPD Group.

read about this a few days ago....not looking forward to the changes..haven't had Domino's in a minute but i always loved it as is

Originally Posted by J Burner

The cheese is made with 100% mozzarella, flavored with just a hint of provolone, the company said.

Someone needs to re-take high school statistics class...
laugh.gif

or maybe it's just 100% artificial mozzarella with just a hint of 100% natural provolone.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

Originally Posted by J Burner

The cheese is made with 100% mozzarella, flavored with just a hint of provolone, the company said.

Someone needs to re-take high school statistics class...
laugh.gif

or maybe it's just 100% artificial mozzarella with just a hint of 100% natural provolone.

laugh.gif
yea, I'm 100% positive, with just a hint of uncertainty.

Dominos is bad, but I helped survive college with that 5-5-5 deal.

Beats Little Cesars, too.

At least they know their recipes suck and trying to change

So what they are doing is changing all there pizzas??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I hope not, I love Domino's...

Originally Posted by KobeBeef

this recipe is already available in select areas.

the crust is a major upgrade with the garlic & herbs.

i didn't taste a big difference with the rest of the pizza though, but i think making the crust of their handtossed pizza edible now was a smart idea.

good stuff.

Yup, I tried it last night. The crust was the only thing that tasted different. kinda like garlic and butter.

Dominos is the worst pizza chain. It just tastes bland as hell. But it's the cheapest...so...

Dominos is GRABAGE! Vocelli Pizza is the best. And the best thing is i can get it when im home in maryland or in college in pitt.

Back
Top Bottom