Doms.Restorations - Im Back!! Updates on the last page! IG: Doms.restorations

Like I said before, Reshoevn8r really just gets rid of surface dirt and I would NOT recommend putting certain shoes in the wash.
Especially older sneakers, submerging them in water for long periods of time can definitely help cut their wearable life short

To each is own, and you can't put a wearable time frame on something all shoes age at there own rate, from wear time to storage time, of course your not going to leave shoes in water for hours at a time but I'm sure 10, 15 minutes won't cause a significant different in a shoes material. Thats why we restore shoes

Hmm, well if the stains and very small and just wont come out, you can always drop a very small black dot of paint right over them

I dont recommend this most of the time but it certain cases its okay to do
I think when the shoe is laced up, it's not noticeable. So I might just let it be. Thanks for the help.

How do you remove creases from patent leather? I have the same exact problem on the same exact shoe lol.

I also had two more questions: How do you remove creases from the toebox of Jordan 8's? I there a different process since it isn't leather? Additionally, how would I go about changing sockliner fro ma lighter to a darker color? Thanks in advance.

How do you remove creases from patent leather? I have the same exact problem on the same exact shoe lol.

I hit up google. Nothing. So far only one site says to seem and i did it with a towel folded in two over the PL to not cause damage, didn't do anything.

I think it's best to stuff the toe box with balled up socks and let it sit like that for a bit.

As for the stitching I dont think theres much you can do about that but 

the sock lint can be dealt with pretty easily, you can shave it off with a razor 

or get a sock lint remover little machine
Thanks, I think i'll try that. Ill update you with the results, and hopefully the finished restore. 

I did a bit more research and supposedly using a hair dryer in 30 second intervals on the patent leather, while also pushing out the creases, works. Only method I've seen that I haven't tried.

when repainting the midsole on '03 white.cement 3's from would you want a flat or glossy paint? this applies to the black and the white areas of the midsole..
i don't plan on repainting the healtabs, and they are yellowed, so i wouldn't want the white to be too white. does this require mixing yellow in?
last question, i plan on doing this with an airbrush. is it really necessary to buy the angelus thinning agent?
any help is appreciated.

when repainting the midsole on '03 white.cement 3's from would you want a flat or glossy paint? this applies to the black and the white areas of the midsole..
i don't plan on repainting the healtabs, and they are yellowed, so i wouldn't want the white to be too white. does this require mixing yellow in?
last question, i plan on doing this with an airbrush. is it really necessary to buy the angelus thinning agent?
any help is appreciated.
First off, you want to use flat paint for 03 Cements

If you do plan on painting the heeltab, I would suggest you go with pure flat white, whats the

point of repainting the already yellowed tab, yellow again?

Lastly, you need the 2-thin product if you are going to airbrush, the paint by itself is way too thick

Hope this helps!

How can I make the sole of my 5's like a gum color. I bought butter cup color paint  and my soles right now are in the kinda clear but not icy stage. My friend who also customizes a bit told me that he put poured angelus in a tub and put some water and let the sole absorb it and the color changed. Would this method work considering the state of my soles? And is there any inexpensive method  for doing this, preferably I don't want to spend like $20 on some sole cleaner that cost probably $5 to make , and I don't want to mix some materials and warm them up in my personal microwave considering some of the materials are somewhat toxic.

How can I make the sole of my 5's like a gum color. I bought butter cup color paint  and my soles right now are in the kinda clear but not icy stage. My friend who also customizes a bit told me that he put poured angelus in a tub and put some water and let the sole absorb it and the color changed. Would this method work considering the state of my soles? And is there any inexpensive method  for doing this, preferably I don't want to spend like $20 on some sole cleaner that cost probably $5 to make , and I don't want to mix some materials and warm them up in my personal microwave considering some of the materials are somewhat toxic.
Im not sure I completely understand, do you want to change the colour of your soles to a "gum"  brown colour or clear them up so they're icy?

Last edited:
What color do you suggest I use to re-paint the red on '09 Flu Game 12's? Angelus. Do I have to mix colors?

Im not sure I completely understand, do you want to change the colour of your soles to a "gum"  brown colour or clear them up so they're icy?
I want to make them into the gum color. The reason I mentioned the sole cleaner is because some people mix the sole cleaner with dyes or angelus to make it a certain color.

Last edited:
The homie dom is the truth, I've been restoring for years and he's one of the best customizers slash restorators doing it!! I'd trust him with any shoe!!! I chop it up with him on the regs, prices are fair and he's trustworthy as they come!!

Last edited:

What color do you suggest I use to re-paint the red on '09 Flu Game 12's? Angelus. Do I have to mix colors?
You are going to have to do a little mixing, a good base to start with is "Scarlett Red"

I want to make them into the gum color. The reason I mentioned the sole cleaner is because some people mix the sole cleaner with dyes or angelus to make it a certain color.
I've never dyed a sole before but I do know its not the easiest process.  There are a couple tutorials on youtube on how to do it,

I would suggest taking a look at them.  I do know that the method you're talking about is the Rit Dye + Seaglow
The homie dom is the truth, I've been restoring for years and he's one of the best customizers slash restorators doing it!! I'd trust him with any shoe!!! I chop it up with him on the regs, prices are fair and he's trustworthy as they come!!
Appreciate it bro!

I commend you for helpin us newbies. Most pros act brand new when some of them got help from pros on ************* forums. Anyway is there a way that I can prevent paint from seeping through the tape? Ive tried two different tapes and they both seep through messing me up and as Im new I cant freehand very well.

@Peabrain i have a question. is there such thing as too many coats of paint? i see youtube vids where guys are doing 3-4 coats of paint but then ive heard 5-6 depending on what color you're painting. what do you suggest cuz i just saw a vid where the guy said too many coats will cause cracking. Also whats the best way to remove midsole residue from crmbled soles?

Last edited:
I commend you for helpin us newbies. Most pros act brand new when some of them got help from pros on ************* forums. Anyway is there a way that I can prevent paint from seeping through the tape? Ive tried two different tapes and they both seep through messing me up and as Im new I cant freehand very well.
No worries man, anytime I can help.  I dont have as much as time as Id like or used to have to frequent the thread but I try.

As for your tape problem, you may be using too heavy of coats or not good enough of tape.  You want a tape with that

edgelock technology with helps a lot.  Try scotch blue
@Peabrain i have a question. is there such thing as too many coats of paint? i see youtube vids where guys are doing 3-4 coats of paint but then ive heard 5-6 depending on what color you're painting. what do you suggest cuz i just saw a vid where the guy said too many coats will cause cracking. Also whats the best way to remove midsole residue from crmbled soles?
Sure.  Well, every repaint is going to vary, you want to put enough coats so that the full colour of the paint shows.  With lighter colours it may take more coats,

with darker colours not so much.  I try to say on average 5.  The best way to remove a crumbling midsole... well you might have to ask Johnandrew that, hes

the sole swap expert! haha

Back
Top Bottom