Doms.Restorations - Im Back!! Updates on the last page! IG: Doms.restorations

Dom

Hey, I'm getting the JOrdan 3 Infrared 2014 and I want to paint the "InfraPink" to the old Infrared... I am getting the OG Infrared off Turtlefeathers... Do you think I can just paint over the "infrapink" with the new infrared? I don't think I would have to strip it. Thanks for your help.

Hey Dom, just wondering if your ice box set up has changed at all. Do you still use the two reptiglo bulbs or are you using one now? How long do you usually keep them icing and do you still use that same retrobright formula or do you use seaglow or Angelus solebright or something like that now?

Just wondering if anything has changed, if you've learned new tips or tricks since I last talked to you about this stuff. 

Thanks! and as always, keep up the good work!
Hey,

I still have the same set up of 2 reptiglo bulbs, indoor sessions usually take longer so be patient.  Sessions are usually around 6 hours and I actually created my own recipe of sauce called Doms Sole Food, its a mix of has worked best for me over the years through trial and error.  You're welcomed to purchase it or you can always stick with the sallys 40 volume which will give you results but it will take a bit longer. 

Hope this help and goodluck!

Can you tell me, how you remove paint form midsole? I know generally to use acetone, but ho exactly YOU remove it?

super clean and amazing work
happy.gif
Appreciate the kind words!

You're gonna need to dip your cottonball or cuetip into the acetone, (make sure the acetone isnt dripping off the cottonball/cuetip)

Then rub lightly the cottonball/cuetip over the midsole until the paint starts to rub off

Whats up guys. Looking to get some some help.  I have been repainting midsoles and dyeing suede lately and I feel relatively comfortable with the process. I feel like buying an airbrush kit today as a gift for myself.  Do you think you need to be an expert to use an airbrush?  In orther words, is it completely unnecessary to have one unless you're a professional artist/restorer?  What brand or model do you recommend and with any accessories?

Thanks.
Hey!

An airbrush is definitely a step up but a step in the right direction!  I wouldnt say you need to be an expert, it will take you some time to get familiar with it so if you

arent the best right away dont worry, you just need practice.  Watch some youtube videos to get an idea of how to use it and Badger or Iwata are both great

starter brands.  I use an Iwata HPcs Eclipse with a smartjet compressor I bought used locally.

Hope this helps
Dom

Hey, I'm getting the JOrdan 3 Infrared 2014 and I want to paint the "InfraPink" to the old Infrared... I am getting the OG Infrared off Turtlefeathers... Do you think I can just paint over the "infrapink" with the new infrared? I don't think I would have to strip it. Thanks for your help.
Hmm, well me personally, I would rather be safe that sorry and strip only the infrapink and then repaint it with the desired colour  (Not the black parts of the midsole)

Its better to do it the right way the first time!

@Peabrain  those restorations look great, nice job man!

Have you ever tried mixing suede dyes?  I am wanting to make a salmon color for salmon toe customs.  I tried chatting with angelus and they were not able to help me.  Thanks!

great job as always and all the info and help you provide is amazing! one my fav NT fam for real!

First thing these are the shoes I want to restore and do a custom. How would I change that toe from yellow to white? Can I just paint it white?

And how can I change that blue from behind the netting to white?I'm trying to make the whole upper white

Please help

Last edited:
First thing these are the shoes I want to restore and do a custom. How would I change that toe from yellow to white? Can I just paint it white?

And how can I change that blue from behind the netting to white?I'm trying to make the whole upper white

Please help

use some sauce to deoxidize the toe, the netting thing i dont know but im sure you probably could airbrush it with angelus and it would work, but im not the expert here for sure.

Hey, I just got some cool grey 4s and they have suede chipping on them. I found out about   Meltonian Suede Renew and my friends who previously used it said it worked like a charm. But i was wondering which colorway would i get grey or light grey? Thank you!

Not very crafty so just looking for some guidance. Wore these KD V Elite Superheroes for basketball for a while. Wanted to clean them up so they are at least in wearable condition and can be used as beaters or something. The swoosh is chipped on both sneakers, I've begun applying a very very very very light coat of Grinch Green Angelus paint which is slightly off from the original swoosh on the shoe. Should I continue what I am doing? Any recommendations? Also any reputable restoration services that I can be pointed to? I also have a pair of Concord XIs which desperately need to be restored and I don't quite trust myself to be able to do it. Any help would be appreciated! 

What dye do you use to dye for example Oreo 5'? i tried to re dye my 5/s and they turned out purple. I made sure that it diden't over saturate, the dye i used what Jet Black Suede Dye form angelus. 

...got me thinking of a sort of starry/constellation type design for the heels of my pair. How would you recommend drawing the individual stars? (Toothpick, q-tip, very fine brush, etc.) And, how can I make sure they'll stay -- is adding a few coats and using the finisher enough?

Last edited:

Hey, I just got some cool grey 4s and they have suede chipping on them. I found out about   Meltonian Suede Renew and my friends who previously used it said it worked like a charm. But i was wondering which colorway would i get grey or light grey? Thank you!
Hey, I honestly wouldnt know as Ive never tried either of them, sorry man

Not very crafty so just looking for some guidance. Wore these KD V Elite Superheroes for basketball for a while. Wanted to clean them up so they are at least in wearable condition and can be used as beaters or something. The swoosh is chipped on both sneakers, I've begun applying a very very very very light coat of Grinch Green Angelus paint which is slightly off from the original swoosh on the shoe. Should I continue what I am doing? Any recommendations? Also any reputable restoration services that I can be pointed to? I also have a pair of Concord XIs which desperately need to be restored and I don't quite trust myself to be able to do it. Any help would be appreciated! 
That green looks pretty close but you may have to get 1 or 2 different greens from angelus and mix up that prefect colour match

As for reputable restoration services in US, try NuLife Kicks, he does great work

What dye do you use to dye for example Oreo 5'? i tried to re dye my 5/s and they turned out purple. I made sure that it diden't over saturate, the dye i used what Jet Black Suede Dye form angelus. 
When you say you didnt over-saturate it, did you mix it with neutral dye?

...got me thinking of a sort of starry/constellation type design for the heels of my pair. How would you recommend drawing the individual stars? (Toothpick, q-tip, very fine brush, etc.) And, how can I make sure they'll stay -- is adding a few coats and using the finisher enough?
Well, Im probably not the best qualified to answer this because Im not very good at detailed drawing/paint work but I know you can draw it on with a pencil first or even make a stencil of it.  And you should be good with a few coats and a finisher

Good[emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]
Appreciate it!

@Peabrain  those restorations look great, nice job man!

Have you ever tried mixing suede dyes?  I am wanting to make a salmon color for salmon toe customs.  I tried chatting with angelus and they were not able to help me.  Thanks!
Thanks man, and I havent ever tried mixing suede dye but I plan to in the future so if you learn some tricks I may be coming to you for help! lol
great job as always and all the info and help you provide is amazing! one my fav NT fam for real!
I try my dude, I know im not on here as much as I was initially but I never forgot about yall!

And the kind words are much appreciated fam
smile.gif

Please help
The best thing to do is unyellow the soles naturally and you should be able to paint the material underneath the mesh like

rcjbbp1313 said

What dye would yall recommend for Flyknits?

Was thinking Angelus or RIT but unsure which of the 2 would be my best bet :nerd:

Thanks in advance, resotrations looking on point in here :smokin

Some more recent work!

Happy New Year to everyone!

Suede redye on a pair of 16s

Up close shot detail shot of after a midsole repaint

Jordan 12 Full Restoration

Jordan 4 Full Restoration

Jordan Future Gold midsole custom

Jordan 3 Fire Red midsole repaint
Great work Bro!!

I have very important question. I can paint mid soles with very good results on the look, but every time it cracks after 4-5 wear. What I'm doing wrong? I completely remove the paint, waiting 24 hours then 5 coats of a paint, than again 6 hours and apply finisher. Then I let them sit for 2 weeks after 1st walk, but it cracks again and again :smh:

Last edited:
What dye would yall recommend for Flyknits?

Was thinking Angelus or RIT but unsure which of the 2 would be my best bet
nerd.gif

Thanks in advance, resotrations looking on point in here
smokin.gif
Thanks!

Honestly I would recommend painting your flyknits with a mix of angelus paint and GAC

Great work Bro!!
nthat.gif

I have very important question. I can paint mid soles with very good results on the look, but every time it cracks after 4-5 wear. What I'm doing wrong? I completely remove the paint, waiting 24 hours then 5 coats of a paint, than again 6 hours and apply finisher. Then I let them sit for 2 weeks after 1st walk, but it cracks again and again
mean.gif
Most of the time angelus paint lasts longer than factory paint but there are other factors that go into it.  The stress put on the shoe, meaning if you're using it heavily playing sports for example, or the shoe cant support your weight.  It could be the weather, a lot of times in colder temperature the paint cant flex as well.  It could even be that sometimes the hairline creases in the midsole are too much for the paint to handle and cant flex with them causing cracking.

Hope this helps

Some more recent work
I love your work and I've been following you on IG for awhile now. How'd you remove the stains and get the tongue on the Dino Jr's so clean?

Also, what's the reason you wouldn't apply your sole sauce to the back tabs to make them whiter? Will it harm the material?

Another question:

For denim stains how do you remove them? I got some grails of mine for a good price (Pee Wee Dunks) and they have denim staining on them-the suede near the anklw.  Is there a process that could remove the denim staining or would I need to do a re-dye?

Last edited:
Hi! Is there any way to remove crases from toebox nubuck ( like bred 4 or black cat)?

Your work is amazing dude!

High quality work here that's forsure. I was wondering if you could help me out. I have a pair of Crimson 3s that the paint on the midsole is chipping. Any colors I should mix to get that right color?

Back
Top Bottom