Don Nelson to Crawford "Opt Out Or We're Going To Trade You"

eek.gif
roll.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
So... Why would he opt out?

He's probably not going to make more money than that on the open market with everybody looking towards 2010... So he doesn't benefit whatsoever byopting out...

And, frankly, how many teams are gonna want to trade for him unless it's swapping a bad contract?

Don Nelson losing his mind...
smh.gif

[h1]Sources: Nellie tells Crawford to opt out or he'll be traded[/h1]
By Marcus Thompson II
Staff writer

Posted: 03/06/2009 08:38:31 PM PST

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - According to multiple team sources, Warriors coach Don Nelson told guard Jamal Crawford that if he doesn't opt out of his contract, Golden State would trade him this offseason.

This conversation, according to one of the sources, happened a day after the Warriors' loss at the Los Angeles Clippers on Feb. 23.

Crawford said he still has not decided whether he would opt out, maintaining his focus is on "helping us win some games and finish the season strong." He has two years and just shy of $20 million remaining on his contract after this season. But he has the option to terminate his contract after this season.

"I'm not even getting into that," Crawford said before Friday's game against the Detroit Pistons. "Any conversation I have with the coaches or my teammates will remain private."

In the same conversation, Nelson informed Crawford that he would give him some games off in part to keep his statistics high, and the plan to rest his other veterans emerged in part to avoid appearing as if he were singling out Crawford.

In the past, Nelson said he had no interest in general manager duties or increased personnel say. Team president Robert Rowell, who is on the road trip with the team, said Nelson's message to Crawford does not represent management. He qualified it as Nelson being emotional. Rowell did say he isn't upset that his coach is unhappy about the team's season and wants to change things.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

if the Spurs aint have Mason Crawford woulda been a fit, he never had a coach like Pop to discipline him and i think he's a glorified 6th man...hiscontract is terrible tho

Nellie has no class. Why the %#!! does he have a job still? If I'm Jamal I keep my contract just to spite them.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Nellie has no class. Why the %#!! does he have a job still? If I'm Jamal I keep my contract just to spite them.
If I remember correctly, He wanted to trade Patrick Ewing (who was in his prime) out of NY
roll.gif

moz-screenshot.jpg

02araton.1.190.jpg

Ron Frehm/Associated Press

Patrick Ewing got wind that Don Nelson wanted to trade him. Ewing led an insurrection that got Nelson fired.

nellie is seriously the craziest person in the nba. he reminds me of the director of smokejumpers in entourage who always throws a fit when he doesn't gethis way and treats vince like s%^#
laugh.gif

I mean, I still just don't get what leverage Nellie thinks he has...

"Opt out and take less money to go somewhere else, or else we'll trade you and you'll make more money to play somewhere else!"

ap_bush_headscratcher_350.jpg

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

If I remember correctly, He wanted to trade Patrick Ewing (who was in his prime) out of NY
roll.gif

moz-screenshot.jpg

02araton.1.190.jpg

Patrick Ewing got wind that Don Nelson wanted to trade him. Ewing led an insurrection that got Nelson fired.

laugh.gif
How did I not know about thhis
eek.gif
roll.gif
alien.gif
tired.gif

hmm, if im crawford, i dont opt out

they trade you and you are still getting PAID and playing for a better team.
the Ws are not going anywhere and are one of the worse team in the league

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

"Opt out and take less money to go somewhere else, or else we'll trade you and you'll make more money to play somewhere else!"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by pr0phecy718

roll.gif

moz-screenshot.jpg

02araton.1.190.jpg

laugh.gif
Nellie also true relegate Starks to the bench.

Though I didn't agree it was time to pull the plug on Ewing, I can't knock Nellie for trying to see what we could've gotten for Ewing. That Ewingled revolt was gangsta though.
pimp.gif

If i were crawford I would opt out and play for a team I WANT. He can get paid for that one more season but hes most likely going to be on a bad/mediocre teamand keep that loser label around him.

laugh.gif
@ Nellie

Good luck with that. Crawford isn't going to leave all that money at the table and opt out. Good luck trading him, too. Nobody is going to want to takeback his contract unless you sweeten the pot.

GSW is a mess.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Read my mind.

Dude lost me.

Originally Posted by franchise3

laugh.gif
@ Nellie

Good luck with that. Crawford isn't going to leave all that money at the table and opt out. Good luck trading him, too. Nobody is going to want to take back his contract unless you sweeten the pot.

GSW is a mess.
I think Crawford would leave. He sounds like he's getting older and wants to shed the label of being a loser. I don't dislike him as aplayer, but I hated the trade the second it was announced.

Back
Top Bottom