Don Nelson to Crawford "Opt Out Or We're Going To Trade You"

Originally Posted by franchise3

If anything, he'll call Nellie's bluff and wherever he gets traded to, if he gets traded, will definitely be to a team that's in a better state than the Warriors. ong>

1. Look at all the bottom dwelling teams. Which one of them has a need for Jamal? None of them, really.

No contender will trade for him, and none of these other teams would want to take his contract on, unless GSW sweetens the pot.

spt1dennis_09-01-2004_BO2E9E6.jpg

Nellie's the biggest idiot for real. I'm sick of this fools BS.

I agree with what Franchise said. WHY would he wanna opt out? Nellie acts like it's a threat to be traded from this joke of an organization.

Jamal, on the other hand is one of the class acts of the L. He's been professional throughout this whole ordeal so i tip my hat off to him.

For everyone who said something to the effect of "Crawford wont leave 2 years and 20 million on the table," thats EXACTLY what everyone said aboutBaron Davis and his 1 year and 17.8 million.

And the only thing about Nelson that I like is that he used to crack open Budweisers during his press conferences. Now the league does not allow that. Now Ilike NOTHING about Nelson.

Sure its a lot of money to leave on the table. However, you guys are solely looking at it from a financial standpoint (which is reasonable to an extent). Ifhis life is going to be a living hell, maybe he'll leave the money on the table and have some control on where he plays and what the right fit is for him.

The smart thing to do = don't opt out and get traded.. That's a lot of money to leave on the table.. Nelly of all people should know that money ismoney is money..

He definitely isn't going to retire or get fired with the wins record in sight and the extension he just signed.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Senile or not, don't care....hope JC moves on.

This isn't a good fit for him and I don't particularly care for his game.

Not like we have anything waiting in the wings, but if Monta is truly going to be a pg, then JC needs to move on.

what in the hell does that have to do with Jamal??? He's not a Point, he has the handle of a pg but he's never been a 1... so where were/are you tryingto go with this reasoning?

Daprescription, what I was getting at is IF the Warriors trade Jamal, he'll definitely be on a better team than the Warriors.

The Warriors are one of the worst teams in the league. The teams on par or worse off than the W's don't have a need for him. Memphis has Mayo, OKC havetheir young core, the Wizards already have their guys, etc. The Clippers, after paying Baron, won't want to pay Jamal those extra two years.

And I don't see a contender really going out of their way to tack on his contract, as, even though I like Jamal, he doesn't seem like a contenderworthy type player that these elite teams go after.

Bottomline is if he doesn't opt out, good luck trying to trade him. While every team is looking to cut and conserve cap space, the only way a team aquiresJamal is if the Warriors make it enticing. Who wants that contract on their books?

Which goes back to my thing that this whole Nellie making threats is futile and dumb. Trading Jamal is doing Jamal a favor.

Ps - Paul dropped a lot of knowledge. Nellie is a joke of a coach. Just wait until the offseason, where he's going to contemplate 'retirement'again.

The thing with Baron opting out is, dude is injury prone and was getting up there in age. He wanted long term security, and that's why he opted out.That's why he played basically all 82 games last year, to showcase himself. As a result, he got locked up for the next 5 years.

Jamal opts out, and it's no guarantee that a team out there will even lock him up longterm, since 2010 is right around the corner. And even then, who'sgoing to pay him anything close to what he's making now?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Not like we have anything waiting in the wings, but if Monta is truly going to be a pg, then JC needs to move on.

what in the hell does that have to do with Jamal??? He's not a Point, he has the handle of a pg but he's never been a 1... so where were/are you trying to go with this reasoning?
Its because Jamal also plays the point.
nerd.gif

And he can't guard a 2. Hell, Jamal can't even guard a 1. He was getting working by Trenton !$@@!## Hassell.

what in the hell does that have to do with Jamal??? He's not a Point, he has the handle of a pg but he's never been a 1... so where were/are you trying to go with this reasoning?

laugh.gif

Calm down and watch a Warriors game.

He plays the point probably 35% of the time he's on the court. He's definitely taking some of Monta's PG time.

We have a plethra of 2 guards and small forwards, so there's really no place if he's not using his "PG" handle for us. He'sbasically been a PG by association since he was acquired. Whether you want to call him one or not, I won't disagree with...just saying, he's the oddman out since we reupped Jackson prematurely.

Warriors did it to themselves though trading for Jamal. From jumpstreet when the trade went down, people were scratching their heads. This taking intoconsideration they had all these 'shoot first' type players before Jamal even got there.

Warriors upper management ftl.

Warriors did it to themselves though trading for Jamal. From jumpstreet when the trade went down, people were scratching their heads. This taking into consideration they had all these 'shoot first' type players before Jamal even got there.

Warriors upper management ftl.

Al didn't help matters in that regard, either. Not saying he was wrong, but it certainly didn't gain any help.

warriors should have tried working out a trade for expiring contracts with the magic and crawford. The magic would have had a starting line-up with GOODplayers in every position

Nelson
Crawford
Lewis
Hedo
Dwight

warriors would have gotten cap space, magic would have their shooting guard void filled.

But since its past the trade deadline none of this matters.

Harrington definitely didn't help the cause, but it's like the Warriors took the first deal that came their way or something. Al's contract comesoff the books in 2010 I think, making it an appealing contract to trade.

It's just you can't trade for a Jamal Crawford and then now start complaining about him. You know the type of player he is, and you know the players onyour team.

I just think the Warriors were betting that Crawford was going to opt out when they traded for him, and now it might come back to bite them as he might not.

it doesn't really matter either way. the team sucks. they would have sucked if they kept harrington and let his contract expire. nba 2K9 warriors are allthat matters
smokin.gif

If Jamal stays, I don't blame him. It's going to be hard to say no to $20mil. Yeah, Baron did it, but he had a team offer him what he really wanted atthe stage he was in his career. Long term security and Baron got that with 5 years from the Clips. With Jamal, I don't know what he's really lookingfor. He can try to shed that 'loser' image by opting out and going to another team, but I don't know if saying no to $20mil and taking a paycut isworth it to him to shed that image.

But I'd prefer he opt out. That way, Robert Rowell can do another idiotic thing with our cap space
tired.gif

I think Baron's situation is completely different than Jamal's. Baron opted out knowing he had an offer from the Clipps. Also the economy now is waydifferent than the economy was in the offseason. Just look at how baseball free agency played out. That combined with teams saving for 2010, there is no wayCrawford opts out.

Back
Top Bottom