Don't Fall For Travel Ball

Maybe today sure but back in my time not everyone and their neighbor had "travel" teams.

Itd be wrong for me to not speak up for my experiences playing travel baseball. From my teams alone just about everyone played D1 baseball and/or was drafted. Obviously odds of making it big time were slim but we had a few

Parents gotta realize when their kids dont have it either thats the biggest problem.

If youre curious just look up East Cobb Baseball and their history/tradition. The OG squads are 16U Astros & 17/18U Yankees

"Allow them to relish in their youth, joy, and innocence. Don’t force them to grow up too fast." That's exactly what I tell my kids when they start expressing "they wish they were older so they could..."

I wish I experienced travel ball TBH. My parents didn't want to invest in baseball for me when I was being asked to tryout for teams. Smh.

It wasn't until I played in HS where they realized I was decent. But by then, my focus shifted to basketball and baseball became a secondary sport.

Oh well.

A big problem I see is these travel teams are putting the recreational leagues out of business by making kids and parents feel like they are inferior if they play in one. A lot of kids around me now don’t even have an opportunity to play sports due to this happening.

Parents gotta realize when their kids dont have it either thats the biggest problem.

But these coaches and programs are convincing parents they can make them into stars. Parents wanting the best for the kids is not the problem.

Back
Top Bottom