dont mess with the women in Denver...

if you play for the lakers.
smh.gif

sorry if this was already posted: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4219580

"Los Angeles Lakers point guard Shannon Brown is being sued in civil court for an alleged sex-related incident with a woman in Denver, Brown's agent,Mark Bartelstein confirmed to ESPN's Shelley Smith on Sunday.

Brown
Bartelstein said the suit stems from an incident when Brown was playing for the Charlotte Bobcats, who played in Denver on Jan. 30. Brown was traded to theLakers on Feb. 7. Bartelstein said that within 24-48 hours after the woman filed a police report, Denver police fully investigated her claims and "did noteven pursue it. Prosecutors found nothing to pursue."

Bartelstein said the Bobcats were told immediately of the incident and team security staff conducted its own investigation and "came to the sameconclusion." In addition, he said Brown also hired a private investigator to look into the woman's claims "to know all the facts."

"There was absolutely nothing to it," Bartelstein said. "I find it very interesting all of a sudden Shannon Brown has some success and someonedecides to sue him civilly. People can draw their own conclusions. I stand by Shannon Brown. Everything Shannon has said to me as to what happened, theprosecutor verifies."

2009 NBA Finals

Want an in-depth look at the Lakers-Magic series? Check out all the stats, analysis and opinion here:

• Lakers-Magic page
Bartelstein said he and Brown first learned of the civil suit when Brown was served papers in Denver on Friday as the Lakers closed out the Denver Nuggets inGame 6 of the Western Conference finals.

"The truth is going to come out. I didn't do nothing. I'm innocent and we're just going to let it takes its course," Brown said.

The Lakers were not told about the alleged incident during trade talks in February, Bartelstein said, because police never pursued it and they considered it a"nonissue."

Lakers vice president of public relations John Black confirmed that papers were served and said the Lakers consider this a "private legal matter" andwould not comment.

Brown averaged 3.2 points per game in 18 regular-season games with the Lakers. He added 1.1 rebounds per game and 0.6 assists. He shot 52.4 percent on fieldgoals; 66.7 percent from the 3-point line.

In the playoffs, Brown has averaged 5.7 points per game with 1.3 rebounds and 0.7 assists."

I wouldn't mess with the women in Denver anyway. They're not that cute.
sick.gif

So if you have been watching the playoffs then you should know who is he. Did you just found out who he is?

So if you have been watching the playoffs then you should know who is he. Did you just found out who he is?

I've watched a majority of playoff games and I don't know who Shannon Brown is, I'd probably recognize him but off tops his name is not familiar.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom