Double amputee in wheelchair shot to death by Houston cop Vol. Most cowardly PD in America??

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Wheelchair-bound-man-shot-by-police-officer-170851231.html

HOUSTON -- A police officer shot and killed a wheelchair-bound double amputee during a confrontation Saturday morning, according to authorities.

The incident took place in a group home for the mentally ill where patients are placed there for 24-hour supervision after being released from hospitals.

Around 1:30 a.m. on Saturday, police responded to the house on Polk near Sidney where they say a man had become irate with an employee who reportedly called 911.

"Two minutes after the cops enter the house there was a single gunshot," said neighbor Randal Kingery. "We immediately thought it was a suicide."

Brian Claunch, who had been diagnosed with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder, was swinging an object that was later identified as a silver pen.

Police say that Claunch cornered one of the officers and ignored orders, so the officer’s partner shot and killed him.

"He got agitated in the middle of the night, he started to get a little bit violent. The person who stayed with him called police, called 911" said house manager Juan Garcia said. "He had a temper. He could fly off once in a while. I don’t want to say he did anything or they did anything."

Kingery said the police should have known what they were dealing with. He said he saw them there a month ago, and that it was no secret the residents had special needs.

"For the cops to go in there with guns drawn, it’s ridiculous," he said.

Garcia said he does not know if the lights were on or off when they entered, something that may have affected their decision to shoot.

Really? A double amputee....in a with a pen?? Dude skipped slap over the Taser gun. :smh: How are you supposed to uphold the law and you can't take a guy in a wheelchair??

There was an case earlier this month where an HPD officer, yanked an elder women out of her car. At what point does the "good ol boy" mentatliy stop and the good cops show some responsiblity?

why were the police even called? i find it amusing a convalescent home that cant handle its own double amputee patient

Cops have become truly hands off. I fear for my life and those close to me when they encounter law enforcement.... Almost more fear than gangs

I'm sure there were other options that could've prevented the officer from pulling the trigger. It's obvious that some of these officers lack in training or common sense and it's unnerving.

I'm sure there were other options that could've prevented the officer from pulling the trigger. It's obvious that some of these officers lack in training or common sense and it's unnerving.

A co worker was telling me that one of her relatives was trying to be a cop and, appearently, you only need a certian amount of college hours, but no degree. They're basically looking for drop outs. What type of establishment allows that type of activity??

**** the Police
Good news is poor dude was white so maybe one of these pigs will go to prison still doubtful

Joe Swanson wouldn't have shot him. Not to ramp up speculation, but I am guessing there was a wheel legitimate reason for them shooting him.

Should've never rolled up on the cop

Joe Swanson wouldn't have shot him. Not to ramp up speculation, but I am guessing there was a wheel legitimate reason for them shooting him.

A+painting+of+a+meme+of+_9907341110e236d91f83bb276931f0e1.jpg

:smh:

^^Lobotomy you're in a slump, you've struck out the past 3-4 times. Only way to get out is to keep swinging for the fences though.

As for the topic, you guys are obviously underestimating the sheer destructive power held by a wheelchair-bound man with a pen in his hand. Justified use of force.

could it be because these new gen cops are born in an era where murder is glorified and you really can expect anything is possible when dealing with a threat nowadays? he shouldve used common sense once inside the place though.....rip 
tired.gif

^^Lobotomy you're in a slump, you've struck out the past 3-4 times. Only way to get out is to keep swinging for the fences though.

As for the topic, you guys are obviously underestimating the sheer destructive power held by a wheelchair-bound man with a pen in his hand. Justified use of force.
Chastises poster for making a sloppy joke.

Then goes to make his own sloppy joke. 
eyes.gif

A co worker was telling me that one of her relatives was trying to be a cop and, appearently, you only need a certian amount of college hours, but no degree. They're basically looking for drop outs. What type of establishment allows that type of activity??
I heard that some places don't take you if your IQ tests place you TOO high. 

eyes.gif
Quotes poster for using sarcasm.

Doesn't quote same poster in previous thread where he's glossed over the post multiple times.

Here's a link if you're curious: http://niketalk.com/t/508140/the-dr...al-scandal-gaurdian-co-uk/60_20#post_16340788

eyes.gif
Quotes poster for using sarcasm.

Doesn't quote same poster in previous thread where he's glossed over the post multiple times.

Here's a link if you're curious: http://niketalk.com/t/508140/the-dr...al-scandal-gaurdian-co-uk/60_20#post_16340788
Lets see who you were responding to.

Welp, not me! Moving on. 
laugh.gif

Should've never rolled up on the cop
Lol yall boys savage

Anyways, I'm sure we all sing that kumbaya peace peace **** behind our safe computer screen, but you don't know what you would do if you got a mentally unstable dude jabbing at your head with a pen

I don't think he should have shot him, the taser would have sufficed, just to calm him down

but you don't know what you would do if you got a mentally unstable dude jabbing at your head with a pen

Side step.

Dude was in a wheel chair.

"Cops had every right to defend himself, he was put in a life or death situation, you have no idea what the amputee could have done if given the opportunity. " - white privilege nt'er

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom