Dr. Ben Carson CONFIRMS that being gay is a CHOICE vol. bcus jail

every group thinks there a conspiracy against them...

christians think muslim conspiracy

muslims think christian conspiracy

everyone thinks jewish conspiracy

whites think theres a minority conspiracy

minorities know theres a white conspiracy

gays know theres an agenda against them

every group thinks there a gay agena

How many times has it been stated that many people are probably born gay?

Y'all dudes dense?
Probably sounds like a "im not so sure that people are born gay, but ill just say it with out provding scientific evidence that further backs up my statement." Deciding to engage in homosexual behavior is a choice. Just cause see someone with homosexual tendencies at an early age, doesnt mean he was born like that. To make statement of that magnitude would require scientific proof along with research to make it valid.

For the individuals who believe being gay is a choice; I ask you this. Is it possible that all of the individuals who are gay, were in fact born that way in the first place? These individuals reached a point in their lives that they decided to be true to themselves and ignore what society thought. I think that people who say they chose to be gay are actually saying they chose to be who they truly were all along. The pressure society has put on homosexuals is probably the reason they dated the opposite sex and tried to conform. At a certain point these same individuals decide that they can't continue to live a lie. Just a thought I figured I put out there.
can you back that up with evidence or wss it really a thought?

Probably sounds like a "im not so sure that people are born gay, but ill just say it with out provding scientific evidence that further backs up my statement." Deciding to engage in homosexual behavior is a choice. Just cause see someone with homosexual tendencies at an early age, doesnt mean he was born like that. To make statement of that magnitude would require scientific proof along with research to make it valid.
Most gay people say they were born gay. Their word is good enough. Most people go through hell when they come out so I doubt they are choosing that for themselves. Most human beings have a desire to be accepted and the pressures of society force most of us to act a certain way. There are gay people that committed suicide because everyone that they loved rejected them. Wouldn't it have been easier for them to choose to be straight?  

Mannnnnnnn, why the hell do we even have these debates anymore.

Ben Carson and many in the GOP want to push the "it is a choice" rhetoric to justify discrimination against homosexuals.

That is what we should be talked about. The disgusting reasoning these people are using to justify discrimination

Because in America, hell most of the world, we are allowed to judge someone for their choices, hate them for their choices, discriminate against them for their choices.

We aren't allowed to do that if someone "was born that"

So what d-bags like Carson do is to simplify something as complex and nuanced as human sexually, into something simplistic as "it is a choice". So himself and people that think like him will be allowed to hate, judge, and discriminate as much as their hearts desire.

-Do some people do make the choice to engage homosexual acts. Yes

And there are some who have had homosexual feelings for most on their lives and never acted on them because of fear and social pressure. I guess those people chose to be straight.

And others have killed themselves because of the fear and ridicule they got from being homosexual.

And many others live in countries that if their homosexual was made public, they would be killed. But yeah, I'm sure those people are just thrill seekers :rolleyes

Last edited:
roll.gif

Also the fact that that's "Breaking News" got me 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
can you back that up with evidence or wss it really a thought?
There has been scientific proof provided that homosexuals have different brain activity than heterosexuals. This information can easily be obtained by looking it up. If I weren't on my phone; I'd post links to these studies.

The thought that I had was for the people who believe they chose to be gay. What I was proposing is these individuals most likely would show the same brain activity as other homosexuals.

Idc what anyone says, it's either a chemical imbalance or a psychological disorder,i also think it deals with something spiritually, and i don't even feel like trying to explain my views on that potion.some people believe in spirits some don't, since its not concrete science, there's nothing way to prove it.

I agree with Ben. It's a choice. How can it be genetic when your father/mother conceived you? They clearly had to be attracted in some shape or form to your parent. Anyone can choose to be gay. You choose to look at that particular guy, you choose to be curious about men.

That's like saying, your genetically born to like pineapple pizza. You choose/prefer it over other choices. (Not the best example but you digg' what I'm saying.)

Last edited:
For the individuals who believe being gay is a choice; I ask you this. Is it possible that all of the individuals who are gay, were in fact born that way in the first place? These individuals reached a point in their lives that they decided to be true to themselves and ignore what society thought. I think that people who say they chose to be gay are actually saying they chose to be who they truly were all along. The pressure society has put on homosexuals is probably the reason they dated the opposite sex and tried to conform. At a certain point these same individuals decide that they can't continue to live a lie. Just a thought I figured I put out there.

It's a good point. And I think that this DOES apply to a portion of the people.
But it doesnt explain the initial attraction they had for the opposite sex. Assuming that attraction was genuine.
And one could say, well that initial attraction wasnt real. But then how is that any different than the people that say the homosexual attraction is the attraction that is not real?

I think until we have actual scientific evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt everyone should just agree to disagree on this subject no matter what side of the fence you stand on.

yea golden child thats what i said a couple of post ago... I can't explain the dudes who are born gay if that even exist... But I do believe people who are gay majority of them chose to be gay at some point in their lives....

I hate to bring religion in this because we all know this is why this is such a debate...

the bible says homosexuality is a sin and he would not make you something that he is against. Thats why their is forgiveness
lolwut

1. Majority? Where did you get that number from? And why did you come to "majority"?

2. Religion is only brought in by the misinformed. Nothing wrong with vetting religious but if you think that has anything to do with attraction, you're crazy

3. The bible says a lot of stuff, you just choose to ignore it... But for some reason, you bring yo homosexuality?

Have you had shrimp lately? Mixed wools? Had premarital sex? Cuz those are sins, too

I agree with Ben. It's a choice. How can it be genetic when your father/mother conceived you? They clearly had to be attracted in some shape or form to your parent. Anyone can choose to be gay. You choose to look at that particular guy, you choose to be curious about men.

That's like saying, your genetically born to like pineapple pizza. You choose/prefer it over other choices. (Not the best example but you digg' what I'm saying.)
youre right... how can multiple sclerosis or down syndrome be genetic too...

i mean, if your parents had downs syndrome or multiple sclerosis you would know... right?

basically any genetic disease that the parents don't have cannot be an actual genetic disease according to your logic?

or maybe you should learn about Neutral theory of molecular evolution

i mean, if your parents had downs syndrome or multiple sclerosis you would know... right?

basically any genetic disease that the parents don't have cannot be an actual genetic disease according to your logic?

nah...

They would Mich rather go with "my granddad was tall, my dad was tall, so I will be tall"

:smh:

If I'm not mistaken, there's a difference in hederity traits and DNA mutation...

Last edited:
More of a political move, tied in with his beliefs as a christian.

I think you can be born "gay" however, it is happening WAYYY too much now, mathematically, there shouldn't be this many. However, birth is exponential, sooo.....

Didn't know he was thinking about politics. Ben Carson is that dude :smokin you guys should read his books!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom