Dragonball Kai is finally airing in America but its on Nicktoons SMH...

dragon-ball-kai.jpg

It's about time I waited about a year for this +*!% I just found out the news just today from 1 of my friends I know im late i seriously don't watch nicktoons but im glad their finally airing this +*!% on t.v. first time wacthing dbz since the middle school. Im saying 1 more thing why the hell is it not on cartoon network like the good old classic

Originally Posted by MILLION DOLLAR STACKS

just cop the seasons on DVD
laugh.gif
how old are you bo?
lol,17 to be  honest i don't spend money on DVD i strictly spend my money on kicks and shoes lol

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

wat iz dis my people?
I would like to know the same thing as well....What is this Kai? They named the show after King Kai?

Originally Posted by Mikeisoriginal

laugh.gif
how old are you bo?
lol,17 to be  honest i don't spend money on DVD i strictly spend my money on kicks and shoes lol

uhhhh .. aren't they the same thing ?

Per Wikipedia:

Dragon Ball Z Kai (known in Japan as Dragon Ball Kai) is a revised version of the anime series Dragon Ball Z produced in commemoration of the original's twentieth anniversary.[sup][1][/sup] It began broadcasting on Fuji Television on April 5, 2009.[sup][2][/sup] It features remastered high definition picture, sound, and special effects as well as a re-recorded voice track by the original cast.[sup][3][/sup] As most of the series' sketches and animation cels had been discarded since the final episode of Dragon Ball Z in 1996, new frames were produced by digitally tracing over still frames from existing footage and filling them with softer colors; thus reducing visible damage to the original animation. Some frames were selectively cropped, while other frames feature new portions added to scenes that were hand drawn to conform to the designated picture ratio. Much of the material original to the Dragon Ball Z anime, including whole story arcs, will be left out, thus reducing the episode count from 291 episodes to a total of 100.[sup][4][/sup]

The series uses two pieces of theme music: an opening theme, titled "Dragon Soul" and an ending theme, titled "Yeah! Break! Care! Break!". Both pieces are performed by Takayoshi Tanimoto.[sup][5][/sup] Although the story footage is taken from existing material, the opening and closing sequences were made from scratch using different animation methods.[sup][6][/sup] The first DVD and Blu-ray Disc compilation was released on September 18, 2009,[sup][7][/sup][sup][8][/sup] with individual volumes releasing monthly as well as Blu-ray box sets.[sup][9][/sup]

Originally Posted by Big Richard

laugh.gif
how old are you bo?

uhhhh .. aren't they the same thing ?

he clearly meant weed and blunts

Originally Posted by toine2983

Per Wikipedia:

Dragon Ball Z Kai (known in Japan as Dragon Ball Kai) is a revised version of the anime series Dragon Ball Z produced in commemoration of the original's twentieth anniversary.[sup][1][/sup] It began broadcasting on Fuji Television on April 5, 2009.[sup][2][/sup] It features remastered high definition picture, sound, and special effects as well as a re-recorded voice track by the original cast.[sup][3][/sup] As most of the series' sketches and animation cels had been discarded since the final episode of Dragon Ball Z in 1996, new frames were produced by digitally tracing over still frames from existing footage and filling them with softer colors; thus reducing visible damage to the original animation. Some frames were selectively cropped, while other frames feature new portions added to scenes that were hand drawn to conform to the designated picture ratio. Much of the material original to the Dragon Ball Z anime, including whole story arcs, will be left out, thus reducing the episode count from 291 episodes to a total of 100.[sup][4][/sup]

The series uses two pieces of theme music: an opening theme, titled "Dragon Soul" and an ending theme, titled "Yeah! Break! Care! Break!". Both pieces are performed by Takayoshi Tanimoto.[sup][5][/sup] Although the story footage is taken from existing material, the opening and closing sequences were made from scratch using different animation methods.[sup][6][/sup] The first DVD and Blu-ray Disc compilation was released on September 18, 2009,[sup][7][/sup][sup][8][/sup] with individual volumes releasing monthly as well as Blu-ray box sets.[sup][9][/sup]

indifferent.gif
so whats the point?

I'm all in for cutting out the 3 episode power up scenes, but whole story arcs?

Originally Posted by airforce416

Originally Posted by toine2983

Per Wikipedia:

indifferent.gif
so whats the point?

story arc's such as Chi Chi going to the store to buy sugar taking up 6 episodes will gladly not be missed.

I've been keeping up with it, its pretty good, it follows manga. Piccolo Blew up the moon in one episode! They spent like 5 episodes on that in the original. The fights aren't as drawn out and there's also no filler. They are supposed to redo the whole series in 100 episodes from what I hear.

laugh.gif
how old are you bo?

Not to be a jerk, but when did kicks stop being shoes? or are you paying someone to kick you?

Back
Top Bottom