DRC: Air Jordan Nu'retro III (now with many fine concepts!)

I am going to get into this. I am taking a little vacation, but when I get back, watch out for the heat.

MICHAEL JORDAN: 1984-2003​
I Listened...I Was Aware Of My Success...But I Never Stopped...Trying To Get Better.
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME: MY STORY BY MICHAEL JORDAN: THE G.O.A.T.​

Heres mine. Nothing special really.

jor3.jpg

Sonunox: I like the concept a lot but you strayed from the original too much for me...not sure about the soles...looks a little suspect...

Vocal: I like everything but front of the shoe...too much print...elephant print is filth but we had no choice I guess...also, your soles are starting to look the same..maybe it's just me...trunner comments won't die...mad funny...10 more years though? You got lots of patience

Magik[: Nice but it still looks retro...like we should be doing a nu retro for those as well...add some color or shading..and work on the shape some..

Jay: yeah..those aren't bad..are those lines on the back embossed on the leather?...I don't like the additional colorways

Illmatic: People that can visualize in their head will appreciate this concept..I think..work on your rendering skills some more though

Carth: Looks "sock" like...I guess a medial view would help for this one..I can't figure it out at this point...

Znth: I'm not usually a fan of your work but those are kinda hot...they do kinda look like skateboarding shoes though

Arch: The only thing I don't like are the round red eyelets in the front...kinda throws it off some..but I hate eyelets so maybe that's why I think so...

OnlyNike: Still waitng...still waiting... |I
tired.gif

aight then..see about it.

Wow, amazing how all the shoes have the same elements (elephant skin, vis-air, etc..) and all look so different. Thanks for the advice people gave me, and thanks to the other artists for the eye candy :wow:
eek.gif

Support the "Help Illmatic buy a new Powerbook G4 Laptop" Fund, by bidding on one of my auctions.

sneaks: thanks alot for your comments. That really helps me. Yeah, like I said, not sure about the whole elephant toe myself. Just wanted to stretch the limits a bit. Yep, time to do some "sole searching" LOL! Thanks man. I could not see that from the inside.

and figure...3 years before I can afford to go back to school + 4 years of school.....pretty much 10 years before I'm worth a crap :frown:
frown.gif

Arch: those are awesome! I do beleive in keeping the jumpman on the tongue, but who's to say. They do bear alot of resemblance to your XIX IMHO.

Overall:another great DRC! Thanks sunonox!

Arch: Why were you worried about your stuff!?!?!? That's a nice rendering right there!

airmorgan:
nuretro3_04.jpg

true blue

nuretro3_05.jpg

military blue
----------------------------------
<---BROTHER!
RIP Chick Hearn
"I hate Stiffley Stiffersons. I like to prank them for hours in my basement." - Christopher Walken, SNL
"Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation." -Bruce Lee
"The ultimate goal of war is peace." - Sun Tzu The Art of War

Man some good new stuff from Sneaks, Archer and the others. Like the idea of this topic.

Man I might have to get in to, but right now I lack inspiration.

Znth81, I like the concept. Because yours is drawn and not computer generated. I wish I could handle crayons/pencils/markers like that. Kinda like AP work. Hot stuff from you guys!!

Somehow however, with the knowledge of knowing that Nike keeps their eyes on this board, man we give them a little bit too much. They don't even have to do marketing stuff, or gaining info of their target audiance. We just tell em and save Nike huge amounts of money. When will they ever pay us back?

At least they could do is bring out some Retro's (And I mean in a way that it really mean Retro as in: an EXACT replica of the original.
DRT ENTERTAINMENT PRESENTS:
TJP - The Jordan Palace
@ www.air-jordans.tk

OW'NAGE DESIGN STUDIOS
@ www.ownage-design.tk

Naw, nothing special Archeever..... :wow:
eek.gif
:wow:
eek.gif
eek.gif

Air Elijah
Sydney, Australia.

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded." - Yogi Berra

Carth: ur talkn' bout Dunks right?!?... yehhh... there's so many of dem' suckas, i never bothered to keep up.

Dutch: most people on this board i think can hand render pretty well. I think we've slowly " evolved" to goin' to illustrator drawings... its' just that.... i'm too lazy to do em'. sooo... but thx. for the werd up.
Seriously dood, just sit down and practice like u have no friends, and soon enough, u'll be pumpn' out hot ish.

Sneaks: For my own learning sake, what can i do to improve, or what are u not feeln' about my concepts?! i'm intrested in hearn' ya out.I like your concept. U kinda got III and X! goni' on there with the toe box and all. I like how the perfs at the base of the throat makes it all futuristic and all. Very unique silouette. is that a 3/4 view in teh back there?!! BUST THAT OUT!... i want to see it and understand ur sketch mo!

In all my newer concepts, I've been tryn' to keep the 3 silouette and tryn' not to break off too much from the actual shoe. I guess in a sense ( to me) it takes it back to the big clunky skate shoe... maybe i'll do up a heat Hyperflight Jordan 3 kidna thing, and a bit mo retro ( to my standard) Jordan 3... or maybe i'll treat myself and eat up some mangoes and not draw. we'll see.

holla

z3n

Damn... this is one GOOD DRC...

It seems like everyone got in on this and brought some heat...

And we're still waiting, Alpha...

i'm still :lol:
laugh.gif
at how everyone was on Jay's nuts for two pages or so, and then it's "Arch wins hands down" come page six... I like Jay's better, but Arch's are hot too, I have to say.

And Zen... I was just saying, they looked like skateboarding shoes... but whatever. Do your thing, man, 'cause they were hot.
XRJOXRDIAINIjumpman[/b]​

Nothing against Archs' design, but I'll still take Jays because the design is more like the og. Good design by Arch! But they look more like the trunner line.

I'm officially hyperventiliating over Jay's true blues, Archeevers are nice, but Jay's is simpler, yet more refined and imo has the same essence to it like the og III's. thats not to say Arch's are pure fire though, i only wish JB would bring out well designed shoes like these...

JaywhYeS : I like yours better so far man. They're clean and simple and it lives up to the original. Well done!

I have to sticky this, there are some AWESOME designs in here, jaw-dropping style. Guys, keep this up - I love seeing so much talent on the board.

Nike, learn something from it! Instead of releasing rubbish like the Nu IIs...

Ced
Don't read this sentence.

man....jay's stuff is still the cleaness IMO......full lenght zoom air too right.......I woould love that for ballin......nice and low to the ground.....makes better for breaking ankles.. :D
happy.gif

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WORK SMARTER, NOT HARDER!!!

Hit me up.....Ldealt24@yahoo.com

nuretro3_03.jpg

eek.gif
eek.gif

I could really see these coming alive. Now if only we could talk material. Good stuff overall!
**NT Member Since January 10, 2001**

2 Years & Counting

Oh, yeah, and Sneaks....

Yeha, it's a sock type thingy... the lace holes are built into the leather that's on the sides... and the main body of the shoe is like an inner booty... so it's breathable, with midfoot stability probably a monkey paw structure on the medial, and the lacing system allows for a wide range of tightness/looseness, which also works for a wide range of foot widths.
XRJOXRDIAINIjumpman[/b]​

wow.. good work fellas... lotta sick stuff!!

Every time my fingers touch brain I'm "SUPERFLY T.N.T," I'm the "GUNS OF NAVARONE." I'm what Jimmie Walker usta talk about.

Back
Top Bottom