DRC: Air Jordan Nu'retro III (now with many fine concepts!)

Vocal very nice concept, but I give mad props to Jay, his I like the best so far.
Miro- Bulgarian Bull.

Jay, what I'm talking about... Simplified version of the OG design, but modern...

________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[/b]

game over, jay WINS. just ad an air unit to those & it's set in stone that those are THE perfect rendering.
Kings fan since 1991

Vocal shake the trunner stuff people give to you. You like that style and same with me your rendering are my fav. on here. I like your second design the best.

Jay: Very nice. One of the best i've seen you do.

Comeon Arch the more the better.
<-----David Robinson, thanks for bringing a positive influence on and off the court, and congrats on the championship.

^^^ the heads on this board are some of the most knowledgeable people about shoes in the world. They know what's hot and what's not. The opinions that they provide me are the same that those in public would express. There is alot of validity in what they are saying. The first impression they get is different from what I am thinking in my own head. It is definitely the sharpened toe box and high instep as Z said earlier that creates that impression. The comment about the "deisel" let's me know that the shoe is too high and bootlike. These are all things that help me to refine my lines and shapes. I do not want my interpretations of Air Jordan shoes to look like trunners, but my style is creating that impression right now. It will only evolve and improve. Where I initially like my III rendering, Jay has come on here and shown me that it can be done MUCH BETTER. I applaud him for that and his excellent work. Jay, Zenith, Archeever, AP and others are inspirations for me to get better through competing with them. It helps to keep my drive going and strive to improve. I appreciate the positive AND negative comments offered on all of my designs. Please continue to do so NT, so I can one day hopefully design shoes that meet the needs of real shoe heads. If I ever make it in shoe design (like 10 years from now) I will forever be indebted to this board and will give back to the NT community. That will be a long time, but I am determined to make it happen. Thanks again guys, and continue to be honest with your opinions and impressions.
sorry about this Harry Potter 5 post :rolleyes
eyes.gif

Vocal

Arch: please put your joints up, they could be no worse than my "deisels" LOL :lol:
laugh.gif

Jay: snap son. thas it. i think that's a GREAT impression of what the NU retro would look like, and it looks mighty tight. good job. i had a few that looked ok, but u blew me out of the water. i guess i'm goin' bakc to square one...

good job.

z3n

JAY: thas nice man. very nice. You recovered 110% from my harsh comments on your RBK. thas nice man. good job, wayta come at me with fire man.
damn nice.

Vocal: nice man. i like the last one better the simpler outsole really does it. nice work man.

hyper

I'm liking what I am seeing. You guys have some serious talent. Hey Jay can you do a Fire Red and a Black/Cement version of your Nu Retro 3
What is love ? Love is having more shoes than your mother and sister combined. Love is taking up 3 closets and half the basement for your shoe collection. Love is licking the soles of your crispy deadstock J's. Love is counting roman numerals I,II,III. Love is why I joined Niketalk. And love is why I will continue support Michael Jordan.

Thanks for all the love.
Arch, don't get discouraged on posting your stuff. The way I see it, these DRCs aren't so much competitions as they are showcases. We all look at the cool renderings, some of us learn something, some of us don't. The thing that I like to see is how different people tackle the same problem. So go ahead and post your stuff, Arch (or anyone else for that matter.).

As for those other colorways:
nuretro3_02.jpg

nuretro3_03.jpg

----------------------------------
<---BROTHER!
RIP Chick Hearn
"I hate Stiffley Stiffersons. I like to prank them for hours in my basement." - Christopher Walken, SNL
"Using no way as way. Having no limitation as limitation." -Bruce Lee
"The ultimate goal of war is peace." - Sun Tzu The Art of War

^^^ I agree with you Jay. I have to take my hat off to you. You are seriously throwin up some killer stuff!! I would also like to see some more attempts at this. I have a feeling Archeever is refining his. Also, I don't think zenith could make himself sit this one out if he wanted to!!! The problem with being one of the first to go, is the others can see what level the drc is at.....I will have to play the back for a sec next go round!!! :tongue:
tongue.gif

Whoo, my first DRC entry! My first time using Illustrator (i'm a photoshop user, so go easy on me :tongue:
tongue.gif
) and I think it came out o.k.. Only changes I employed in this one is a visable zoom-air unit and full-length sleeve.

ajiiinuretro-fire.jpg

Support the "Help Illmatic buy a new Powerbook G4 Laptop" Fund, by bidding on one of my auctions.

^^^I'm REALLY feeling them, but how are we supposed to get our feet in? *Not trying to be funny*
If I Pray 4 You
Pray 4 Me

Thanx Jay those Nu Retro III's are clean. The side of them reminds me of the XIV's. Have you ever submitted any of your renderings to Nike ?
What is love ? Love is having more shoes than your mother and sister combined. Love is taking up 3 closets and half the basement for your shoe collection. Love is licking the soles of your crispy deadstock J's. Love is counting roman numerals I,II,III. Love is why I joined Niketalk. And love is why I will continue support Michael Jordan.

I would mos def cop those black ones, straight fire imo
eek.gif

I'm retired 99.9%. Of course, there always is that .1%.
--Michael Jordan, February 18, 1999

aim: nike kikz
email: nickj87@aol.com

Jay-
nice...
You and Vocal have taken the reigns... I can't wait to work with you guys someday. Damn this post makes me wanna draw...

ooooo
from now until infinity let icons be by-gones...

JaywhYeS

Those are the absolute best renditions I have seen and if those came out as nu retro's I would definitely buy 2 pairs each (one to collect and one to wear) Great Job! The color combinations are spot on and the design is fantastic without taking away from the og design, great job!

Quote:
no offense to your drawing which i think is alright. but if jb is thinking of doing another nu retro i hope some terrorist drops a few bombs on their headquarters.

:lol:
laugh.gif
I fully agree
I am illkicks OG member June 18,2001.I am back under a new name and a new revenge.

At this point, Jay's the one dropping bombs...

I'll have mine up by tonight... just working on the heel right now...

I managed to make a pattern out of the elephant skin, and while it doesn't look very good, it saves me a whole lot of time.

I'm taking mine in a bit of a different direction... It's more of a performance shoe, a higher cut, kinda shaped like a lot of Zen's shoes.

And I'm pullting out all the stops... pattern-fills, bevel-and-embosses, drop shadows, stitching, you name it.

This is another good DRC.
XRJOXRDIAINIjumpman[/b]​

Come on down AP!!!! It's been too long! Show us what it's all about homie....

Carth: I am looking forward to your entry. remember: don't make the mistake of over-producing it like I did :frown:
frown.gif

Illmatic:excellent rendering. The overall outer shape needs a bit of refinement, but I look forward to seeing you in future DRC's!

Dutch: your rendering skills are insane! You should be entering as well!

nuretro3_02.jpg

So far , this is the best one!
I am illkicks OG member June 18,2001.I am back under a new name and a new revenge.

Back
Top Bottom