DRC: Air Jordan Nu'retro III (now with many fine concepts!)

THANX
I'M HONORED

i still feel that this design is not at the level it should be,
i see some better concepts among the sketches,
i don't know if i'll have time to try one more time....well
if ALPHA ....then maybe

now that i've learned how to post pix I'll partecipate more often

i have the nu retro II and 4 ready for the next DRC.

i also have to say there are talented designers here,
guys never give up...YOU CAN MAKE IT,TRUST ME

dD

DD - props...best one on here IMO. I'd like to see more of you in the future. That's almost if not Eskei type ish right there.
FILTH​

the IV is coming soon? :x
sick.gif
....more retro?...maybe there should be a vote on this...
FILTH​

i KINDA have some sketches that are tight that if i get to ink and colour, i'll post. so i've deff. not given up ALL hope yet on this post

It's taking me forever to finish my design on photoshop. I hope you guys will still check out this post.
"Whose game is it? It's Michael Jordan's game!" - Magic Johnson

Please check my profile for Jordans for sale, sizes 10-10.5.

I'm having trouble hosting my pics. I did two designs that are similar. They are in .gif format, can someone please host for me? Thanks

wow nice stuff ... real nice stuff ... i'm mad busy but i think i'm gonna have to get down on this one ... BRB

I'm still having trouble hosting pics on my website, could someone host for me?
Thanks.

Knock em out tha box DD- you know how we get down.... they don't even know the half...
I wish I could participate maaannnn.... Maybe I will get a late exception...

ooooo
from now until infinity let icons be by-gones...

This is my first rendering ever and I wanted to keep mine close to the OG's but give them a somewhat modern look.
My attempt at the III Nu Retros:
AIR JORDAN III Nu Retro

My attempt at the Fire Red Nu's. The 3 red straps are supposed to look like the roman numeral III and not the adidas logo. :D
happy.gif

AIR JORDAN III Nu Retro FIRE RED

Can someone host a couple of pics for me? I'll post them on here if you send me the URL's for them. Let me know ASAP so I can send them over.

airelijah@hotmail.com

Air Elijah
Sydney, Australia.

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded." - Yogi Berra

super23freak : Not a bad concept on either, but the second one looks like an ADIDAS with the stripes.

MICHAEL JORDAN: 1984-2003​
I Listened...I Was Aware Of My Success...But I Never Stopped...Trying To Get Better.
FOR THE LOVE OF THE GAME: MY STORY BY MICHAEL JORDAN: THE G.O.A.T.​

there has been some sweet work in this DRC, good work everyone

now that i'm finally back in town...... i have a design ready to be colored....it will be up 2morrow
aim:shuguru314 email: infared314@yahoo.com
Must have dunk high sb maple/bison...WHEAT

Thanks to Manifest116 and Archeever for offering to host these pics. Archeever ended up hosting them for me. :smile:
smile.gif

Ok folks. I've been busy with other stuff so haven't really been able to do much for this. I've got two pics which I whipped up though.

The first one is a quick doodle I did of an Air Jordan III High concept. The III is really a mid or 3/4 cut shoe so I wondered what it might look like as a high. I don't know if the elephant print leather is a great material to have at the heel. I guess it should be supportive but I'm just wondering about flexing at the achilles... I think I should have made them higher for a real retro feel, like seriously old school high cut.

AirJordanIIIHigh.jpeg

Next up is a recolour of a design I posted a while back. I included some of the little concpet sketches I originally did before making the final 3D style painting. Yes, it was painted in photoshop, it is not a 3D model.

If you are using Internet Explorer to view this at 1024x768 you may want to hit F11 to view it full screen so it doesn't run off the edge. I should have put more thought into the size.

nu_retro_3.jpg

This was inspired mostly by the III so figured I would post it. The Air Jordan III brought a sculpted midsole that cupped the heel and also had the first visible air unit in a Jordan shoe. I figured I would take those ideas and update them a little. The midsole shape cups the heel at the ankle and also wraps up at different points along the shoe to offer stability. I'm not sure if the current forefoot bit would flex well though. The stylised look of the rising and falling sections was designed to match the sections of the upper. I extended the midsole to a full length visible unit like the Air Max Elite but this is not the best for a Jordan shoe in retrospect. Zoom air would be better.

I've always loved the heel counter on the III, the angles and shape of it and the way it wraps around the back. I decided I wanted a shoe that followed that idea. The plastic on the heel of the III's was the inspiration for the top edge of the heel counter sloping into the white piece that becomes the heel pull loop. Note that this is a single piece that folds over and doubles back to form the midfoot section of the shoe. For construction it might be made of several pieces that have the seams hidden by the haurache style ankle piece but keeping the illusion at least would be important. It's just that extra thing that makes you go WOW, that is different. Obviously that piece flips over so the material used would either need to be fully reversible (i.e. both sides the same) or have a double thickness sewn back to back at the heel loop, again hiding any seems.

The cement grey colouring helps to show the evolution from the III's. Another thing to note it the way the midfoot piece is visible through the ankle hole, much like the line at the ankle of the III's where the leather piece with the top lace eyelet overlays piece at the top under the collar.

One significant change that destroys the Jordan III feel is the toe. It is a really clean to like the XVI+, XVII and XVIII. The III gets a lot of its character from the layers of leather around the toe box. So really this is new design inspired by the III but not a nu retro.

Hope you like them. :smile:
smile.gif

Air Elijah
Sydney, Australia.

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded." - Yogi Berra

Back
Top Bottom