Dreads Dreads Dreads

sid lugar

Banned
Been growing my hair for about 2 and 1/2 years now. Normally I just rock a curly fro, but getting annoyed with it. For the dread heads on here, how much does it normally cost to get dreads and how long does it take and how frequently should they be done?

Your best bet is too cut that $%%% and start the process over.

Get em done every 1-2 weeks.

gonna take longer for them to lock up cause your hair is longer.. plus depending on the grain.
got mine done like every 3 weeks to a month..
had this chick do it for free.. shops charge 50+ depending on the length and how many you have..

had them for like 2.5 years.

Originally Posted by I HIT LICKS

What? 1-2 weeks? That can't be true unless I have money to blow which I don't

ive been wanting dreads for a while now
my hairs at least 8 inches now

idk i figured it would be easier if my hair was longer 

im white btw, but i have curly #%@ samoan type hair

anybody got any tips/info for me?

My brother gets his done every two weeks..around $80 i think it was..or maybe that was a month..cant remember.

Originally Posted by Sid Lugar

When you first get em @ least every 2 weeks. You don't need money just find a %%#%* around the way to do it.

Once ya $%#+ lock up you'll be good.

you can also let your hair lock up using the neglect method and it's free if you worried about money
but, the main issue is you don't know how your hair is going to lock up

I havent got mines re-done in like 3 months, I just re-do the ones that get undone. But check it out, I first got them twisted my hair was long length cuz I had been growing it for a year. When I was locked up dude who twisted me up put honey and Murray's in my +%$ and it looks/feel real sloppy/nasty. So should I just whack them them off and start over or wait it out?

When you first get em @ least every 2 weeks. You don't need money just find a %%#%* around the way to do it.

Once ya $%#+ lock up you'll be good.

How about washing them? Is it ok for them to be washed weekly?

No... You're first starting out you should get them done & washed every 3-4 weeks... 2 weeks is too often... The objective is you train your hair to lock & you can't do that if you're constantly fiddling in it... It depends on your grade of hair like was stated but usually washing calls for retwisting afterwards... usless your 11 & playin in a sandbox at recess your !*$ shouldn't be getting that dirty anyways...

Originally Posted by Mister Negative

No... You're first starting out you should get them done & washed every 3-4 weeks... 2 weeks is too often... The objective is you train your hair to lock & you can't do that if you're constantly fiddling in it... It depends on your grade of hair like was stated but usually washing calls for retwisting afterwards... usless your 11 & playin in a sandbox at recess your !*$ shouldn't be getting that dirty anyways...
i sweat tons from working out so i dont want my hair too stink

You're gonna have to deal with that ugly phase fam, we all did
smh.gif

Try dealing with beginners dreads while playing football

check me out....

been in the game for about a year...

but they not dreads...

they just some twists...

i like these better than dreads b/c i can take them out and get braided up again if i wanna switch it up again...

she just took a some hair, seperated it into two, and twisted it with some beeswax...

i normally get it with regular grease, but it only lasted about a week and a half...

beeswax will last three weeks...

Originally Posted by handullz

check me out....

but they not dreads...

they just some twists...

i like these better than dreads b/c i can take them out and get braided up again if i wanna switch it up again...

she just took a some hair, seperated it into two, and twisted it with some beeswax...

i normally get it with regular grease, but it only lasted about a week and a half...

beeswax aint good cuz it builds up in your hair

some people avoid the short hair stage by waiting til their hair gets really long before letting it lock

bro your dreads are gonna smell nasty
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by oidreez

Originally Posted by handullz

check me out....

but they not dreads...

they just some twists...

beeswax aint good cuz it builds up in your hair

some people avoid the short hair stage by waiting til their hair gets really long before letting it lock

that's why i rock with the twists, g...

that way... when i go to get them redone, i take it all the way down...

then i wash and condition my hair, just as if i was finna get bolted...

pimp.gif

Im too grown for some twists b
laugh.gif
Definitely for braids
laugh.gif

You can have that i'll take my locs any day... Just got my %%+ retwisted after about a month yesterday ill post a picture later

Im too grown for some twists b
laugh.gif
Definitely for braids
laugh.gif

You can have that i'll take my locs any day... Just got my %%+ retwisted after about a month yesterday ill post a picture later

... i'ma just take that as you informin' me instead of tryin to hull me...

cuz internet arguments go nowhere...

and i feel you... but you wouldnt believe how many people ask me about my hair...

they always ask what kinda dreads do i have, and how does my hair stay...

some people dont believe its even my hair...
grin.gif

but on the real... i'm 20... so i aint really trippin... lol...

its only two people i know that made DREADS look professional, anyway...

and one of them hosts college basketball games on ESPN.... lol..

Back
Top Bottom