Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Also, Xmas is rapidly approaching us. To the participants in the Secret Santa program....have you all received your gift?

Wj4, I got mine. S/o to nctwin for lacing a brother with great gifts.

Last edited:
My sneakerhead dark passenger took over this morning and I ordered a pair of Bred XIs. Right before I checked out, I couldn't help but think about all the Allen Edmonds shoes I've passed up due to Jordan releases...

Meh..

I easy passed on the bred iv & xi

I have a pair of true blues I wore less than 10 times

Speaking of high end designer shoes.. My newest pickup while I was out in Vegas for the Marquez pacquoi fight... I actually stumbled across them and it was love at first sight
sick.gif
 To each his own....

Yo, what's the current challenge?

Posting pics of the sartorialist website eh ? lol
At least you didn't go as far as that other guy (refuse to say name) that you took the picture.
Oh no doubt it's from there. However, the source of the photo is not the deal. The deal is that chick is finer than a mofo.

I posted it here due to this sausagefest needing a reprieve.

I was just in the CH outlet in Mebane, NC the other day, they had the sale going on but I can't remember if they had that cool but call them.

Heres the number:
+1 Thanks. I contacted them but they are all sold out in mens. :x

Last edited:
My sneakerhead dark passenger took over this morning and I ordered a pair of Bred XIs. Right before I checked out, I couldn't help but think about all the Allen Edmonds shoes I've passed up due to Jordan releases...

Man who you telling. The quality of brands like AE, Alden, Viberg, Quoddy, Yuketen, Carmina...makes JB look like glorified Starburys.

And dudes have the nerve to double, triple up. Rather spend that extra guap on resoles. :smokin

Last edited:

Man who you telling. The quality of brands like AE, Alden, Viberg, Quoddy, Yuketen, Carmina...makes JB look like glorified Starburys.

And dudes have the nerve to double, triple up. Rather spend that extra guap on resoles. :smokin
I passed on the XIs but took the bait on the IVs. I usually only purchase 1 pair a year as my taste have changed.

They say it's convertible haha
Where can I find some for a formal event?
Brooks Bros got some traditional ones that will be nice for your height I think. I have a pair of Drake's of London via J. Crew and it's slimmer than the traditional width.

You think I need to get an extra long one? What about this one from Albert Thurston? Cant' find any better pictures, its the Black moiré brace on their site

It's the opposite for me. After owning several pairs of Margiela and Lanvin, the recently released Jordan IV's quality was quite inferior...can't even mess with it. I think the only pair of J's I'll ever cop now is the Concord XIs since I didn't have the chance to get the OGs back in the 4th grade.
Street wear has a huge variation. A leather jacket, chinos, and derbies would be considered street wear. This is not limited to the 'uniform' of NT that consists of a fitted cap, t shirt, jeans, and Jordans/Nikes.
I like to do both.

Well, we all know Jordan Brand as far as quality has been wack since the early 2000's, so I don't even touch anything from them anymore. In my opinion, J's in general have been ruined by the noobs, but thats another topic for another day. If you notice in my post, I didn't even say Jordans because I really don't mess with them, except for a few select pairs (2000 I's, Laser IV's, first retro Olive IX's, and maybe 2 or 3 others). Those, Nike Running, Vans and Adidas Originals, Chucks and Jack Purcells are the main sneakers I wear.

I'm not knocking the quality of those luxury sneakers, I know that its there, but it's the looks/silhouettes that I just cant rock with. My mom bought me a pair of Gucci sneakers for Xmas 6 years ago and I can count the times I have worn them on one hand. They're either too gaudy to my liking, too "Euro," or just ugly in my opinion. :lol:

Streetwear has definitely evolved from the shirt, jeans, and fitted days which is awesome and a nod to streetwear being a formidable style of fashion, but that "uniform" as you like to call it, still remains the essence of my everyday wardrobe as opposed to blazers, ties, and wingtips.

You think I need to get an extra long one? What about this one from Albert Thurston? Cant' find any better pictures, its the Black moiré brace on their site
It looks good from the picture. Plain is cool, though I prefer ones with a bit of patterns. The one in the picture is adjustable so I think you will be good. I'm 5'9'' and can adjust them to be a bit longer to the point where they no longer need to be stretched to go over my shoulders.

This has probably been asked before but what is the difference between trousers and chinos? Taper? Epaulet has both and not sure which to buy

Back
Top Bottom