Drill Here, Drill Now petition gets 100,000 signatures

[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
dot.gif
[/td] [td]
'Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less' campaign continues to gain momentum

WASHINGTON, May 29 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- American Solutions for Winning the Future announced today that more than 100,000 Americans have now signed a petition urging Congress to immediately start drilling for oil domestically to ease gas prices. The petition is part of the "Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less" campaign American Solutions launched last week.

The petition reads:

"We, therefore, the undersigned citizens of the United States, petition the U.S. Congress to act immediately to lower gasoline prices by authorizing the exploration of proven energy reserves to reduce our dependence on foreign energy sources from unstable countries."

Next week, American Solutions will deliver the signatures, gathered from citizens in all 50 states, to the U.S. Senate as a first step toward stopping the destructive Warner-Lieberman bill which would raise the cost of gasoline, diesel fuel, heating oil, and aviation fuel.

According to American Solutions' research, 73% of the American people agree that with appropriate safeguards to protect the environment, we should drill for oil off America's coasts to reduce our dependence on foreign oil. This belief is so widespread it is supported by a majority of Democrats, Republicans, and independents.

"Our message of 'Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less' is clearly resonating with hard-working Americans who are struggling to pay for rising gas prices," said Dave Ryan, American Solutions Executive Director. "The voices of more than 100,000 Americans are demanding that Congress offer real solutions to our energy challenges, and that begins with drilling for oil now."

For more information about the "Drill Here, Drill Now, Pay Less" campaign, visit www.AmericanSolutions.com/DrillNow.

About American Solutions

American Solutions for Winning the Future is a new, non-partisan organization built around three goals: to defend America and our allies abroad and defeat our enemies, to strengthen and revitalize America's core values, and to move the government into the 21st Century. Its General Chairman is former Speaker Newt Gingrich.

Paid for by American Solutions for Winning the Future.

Not authorized by any candidate, or candidate committee. Not printed at government expense.

www.americansolutions.com

SOURCE American Solutions for Winning the Future

Copyright 2006 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.

[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
dot.gif
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

dont see the problem in that. Anything to lessen gas prices.
To bad it wont do that. There isnt a supply problem with oil.

It would probably raise prices in the short run because people would horde it because of the percieved shortage

Even if we do start drilling now, it wont have any effect for awhile. Just because we start drilling today, doesn't mean the gas prices will go downtomorrow. Gas will continue to go up, and we will have to learn to spend our money more wisely. What a shame...

why dont we take all theirs first and then use our later. thats how i feel about it so im not gonna sign this. Is probably another one of Bush's scams toget a major drilling contract from the gov. so when hes not Pres anymore he can still screw us over somehow

plus they have these oil drillers off the coast of Santa Barbara that look horrible. Id rather pay a lil more than live in an oil refinery

DONT SIGN IT

Sounds like a good idea but will it work? Who knows.

this all funny to me ... so we would rather sign a petition drilling our earth, than rioting until the government lets the car companies sell battery poweredcars? youre telling me with as many bill nye the science guys we have in this world, the technology isnt there to run cars on something other than gasoline? iswear #!+# THE GOVERNTMENT ... ill say it again #!+# THE GOVERNMENT

Drilling is not the problem its the refining of the oil to gas that's killing us, If OPEC decided to flood our country with oil we would still have aproblem, our refineries are already working at max or close to max production, we have oil stored in the reserve in Texas and Louisiana so drilling will nothelp us with the price we pay. They need to fix the petition to have congress build more refineries, but no one wants the pollution or mess they create withhaving new refineries. It's been 30 years since we last built on here in the USA.

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

youre telling me with as many bill nye the science guys we have in this world, the technology isnt there to run cars on something other than gasoline? i swear #!+# THE GOVERNTMENT ... ill say it again #!+# THE GOVERNMENT

- Yeah, it's a shame! We are utterly powerless. All we can do is complain and stack bread. It's sickening....you see how we treat those withoutbread...
tired.gif

How about we drive or transport through other means? Eventually we'd be in the same situation. I have a little tree-hugger in me that says thisshouldn't be done.

we could be drilling for oil in Alaska and get our own gas but the democrats won't let us because we could endanger the cariboo.... and then they blameBush for our oil problems....

the reason why we bought Alaska was for the oil.

I WANNA KNOW HOW COME AMERICA HAS NOT STARTED DRILLING IN THE FIRST PLACE LIKE IN THE 50'S OR SOMETHING

Originally Posted by AddictedToFreshKicks

we could be drilling for oil in Alaska and get our own gas but the democrats won't let us because we could endanger the cariboo.... and then they blame Bush for our oil problems....

the reason why we bought Alaska was for the oil.

When we use up that oil, then what? It's not a political problem, it's a cultural problem.

Our problem is not at all from a lack of willingness by consumers. Our real problem is two fold. first, government policy interferes with the free market inpromotion of new technologies. Secondly, the technologies we currently have are neither reliable enough, nor economical enough. Sure, we have the Teslaroadster that runs on pure battery power, but the batteries are lithium ion. Anyone with a laptop knows that after a couple years, your computer can't holda charge anymore. Do you really want that problem in your daily commuter? Secondly, electric & hybrid transportation is not affordable for the masses yet.Why with all of our complaining are mostly wealthy people the ones driving hybrids?

We'll talk about our energy infrastructure later... and then the energy policy by congress after that.

Originally Posted by MarleysProtege

this all funny to me ... so we would rather sign a petition drilling our earth, than rioting until the government lets the car companies sell battery powered cars? youre telling me with as many bill nye the science guys we have in this world, the technology isnt there to run cars on something other than gasoline? i swear #!+# THE GOVERNTMENT ... ill say it again #!+# THE GOVERNMENT

so how much oil does it take to produce enough electricity to charge 250 mil battery powered cars?

Originally Posted by GrandaddyPurp415

why dont we take all theirs first and then use our later. thats how i feel about it so im not gonna sign this. Is probably another one of Bush's scams to get a major drilling contract from the gov. so when hes not Pres anymore he can still screw us over somehow

plus they have these oil drillers off the coast of Santa Barbara that look horrible. Id rather pay a lil more than live in an oil refinery

DONT SIGN IT
thats what the us been doing for years fam..............

Back
Top Bottom