Driver's test tomorrow- tips?

n/m
nerd.gif

play plies-100 years

Most important thing is to stay calm.
I recently took mine(Im from socal) and it was a breeze.
Matter of fact I was bored during the test.
Hope that helps good luck bro
glasses.gif

-exagerate as much as possible.
-when you stop...actually spell stop. make them complete!
-make sure your instructor has his/her seatbelt on before taking off. (they try and trick you sometimes)
-always use blinkers and mirrors and keep your head on a swivel.
-be respectful and try and focus. should only take about 10-15 minutes.
-remember your hand signals.

Keep your sausage hanging out. That will distract the instructor and thus you will automatically pass.

Originally Posted by atljunkie

-exagerate as much as possible.
-when you stop...actually spell stop. make them complete!
-make sure your instructor has his/her seatbelt on before taking off. (they try and trick you sometimes)
-always use blinkers and mirrors and keep your head on a swivel.
-be respectful and try and focus. should only take about 10-15 minutes.
-remember your hand signals.
^^ Pretty much summed it up

it is real easy.... if you can drive and follow simple precautions you will pass.

Are you taking the DMV TEST or the 6 Day training/test driving?

signals, stop before the line and don't hit anything. basically it, i got mine about 3 months ago here in MD, it was mad easy and not long at all, probablyabout 6-7 minutes

Originally Posted by GottaLoveMJ

signals, stop before the line and don't hit anything. basically it, i got mine about 3 months ago here in MD, it was mad easy and not long at all, probably about 6-7 minutes

i'm taking my test tomorrow too in md. but its been quite a while since i did my lessons. could you refresh my memory on the steps i should take toparallel park?

Originally Posted by ac27

i'm taking my test tomorrow too in md. but its been quite a while since i did my lessons. could you refresh my memory on the steps i should take to parallel park?
go in with the rear FIRST. Go a little ahead, then reverse your way in.

Just passed mine a week or two ago just act like you know what your doing but don't be to overconfident smile act nice. and relax don't make it morethen it is. Good Luck!!!

Just passed mine a week or two ago just act like you know what your doing but don't be to overconfident smile act nice. and relax don't make it morethen it is. Good Luck!!!

Originally Posted by XXThe King Of All KingsXX

whip it out and swing it
thanks, i got it the first 2 times
Originally Posted by SWiFT Yons

it is real easy.... if you can drive and follow simple precautions you will pass.

Are you taking the DMV TEST or the 6 Day training/test driving?
the actual dmv test

10 minutes? I feel aggrieved. My test over here in the UK was 40 minutes long, including two questions related to car maintenance and a minimum of twomanoeuvres (reverse park, emergency stop, turn in the road, bay parking and reverse in to a road). The sheet they have is quite scary. 21 different categorieson which you could fail. Anything from coming to a round about (traffic circle for you chaps across the pond) too quickly/slowly to indicating too little... ortoo much. You can have 14 minor driving errors before you fail your test. They do sting you though; I failed my first test outright as I was too far away fromthe kerb on my reverse park. Hardly catastrophic but ah well.

Just make sure you get a good night's rest and try to relax.

P.S. Further to others advice I'd like to reiterate: over exaggerate all your movements. Don't act like you're a puppet on crack or anything butjust make sure your examiner knows you're checking your mirrors and blindspot(s).

Do like I did to get my license I was real nice to her and I acted nervous and with that I passed even though I ran a stop sign hit cones and didn't do my3 point turn right.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom