Driving school, is it worth it?

For anyone who has the scoop, is driving school worth going to? And no I don't have anyone to teach me.

Do you get any perks like discounted insurance?

Originally Posted by hymen man

You don't drive?!

No, but I've been thirsty to learn for a few years now. Being a member of car forums and seeing everyone else drive will do that.

Do you have any road experience?
What state are you in?
You say you don't have anyone to teach you, so it seems like it's worth it in your case
In TX there's a new law, now everyone has to take a driving course up to age 24, you don't have to take the written portion.

I thought you HAD to go to driving school to get your license/learner's permit.  Well, I know I had too..

Originally Posted by DAYTONA 5000

They didn't have drivers ed at your school or anything? How old are you?
laugh.gif
Of course not. I'm 21. I waited on driving school because I had people for a few years now telling me they'd teach me but screw it.

Yes it was less stressful and more convenient than waiting on my parents to teach me
That's about all I needed to read.

Do you have any road experience?
Yeah I have about 6-8 hours worth. My boy was helping me but flaked.
grin.gif

What state are you in?
You say you don't have anyone to teach you, so it seems like it's worth it in your case
I'm in Ohio. And yeah its seeming more and more worth it now.

I was holding back because instead of using the $3-400 on driving school, I was thinking I could put it towards the car.

Originally Posted by HanSolo23

You should of taken Drivers ED in High School, FOR FREE.

I'm not sure what high schools come of you went to, but we didn't have it. Either someone taught you or driving school was your option.

Drivers Ed for free
laugh.gif

I would have jumped on that.

Driving School is worth it
pimp.gif

If you've got money to use, I would suggest a AAA Insurance Driving School, it was a %%+!% but I learned a lot.

Na, but my dad is a great driver/teacher so i guess that's the only reason why.

I'm thinking of driver school.
I was getting the hang of driving due to my friends teaching me.
Now its been about a year without touching the wheel.

N my dad is the worst teacher, old paranoid mofo.
I can't do a stop..without him almost yelling the crap out of me for no reason..lol

I thought myself how to drive, that is the advantages of summering in farms.

seriously though, you have to go to a driving school.

you can't find ANYONE to help you learn instead of putting money for a school?

Originally Posted by oidreez

you can't find ANYONE to help you learn instead of putting money for a school?
Nope. My boy was working with me for a little while then hit ghost, another one iffy at times, members of the fam are "busy" or usually forget. So vs beating down doors, at this point I'd rather pay the school.
ohwell.gif

It's really not that hard once you practice a few times, it's easy to get a hang of it. Just don't be dumb and drive fast once you actually learn, cause you're not as good as you think you are. It's hard to control the car as a beginner. Good luck though man, i'm sure you'll get a hang of it quickly.

just take it, over here its like 300 hundred dollars, boring and the exam was easy

I did one of those parent taught things, never had to do ANYTHING. i filled out some paper work, tested for my permit, waited for 6 months, then got my license at 16.

C'mon RKO, 10,000+ post and you don't drive? Sign off NT now and hop into a car immediately!
Hahaha I'm only kidd'n...seriousness get a friend who will help you drive. My sister taught me. I think if someone has time to help you don't waste $ on driving school. Good luck bro

Back
Top Bottom