Driving through Tenaha, TX doesn't pay for some (Cops will steal your %%*# if you're black)

Discussion in 'General' started by datznasty, Mar 12, 2009.

1. datznasty

datznasty

Not shocked here. I can't say I remember driver through this particular town, but I won't be shocked when/if they unconver other cities doing this,especially whatever city is just south of Wichita Falls and ALL of them between Wichita Falls and Gainesville on 287S (? I think, or is it 82?)

Cliff notes

- Cops will pull you over then threaten to charge you with some serious crime like money laundering, or to take your kids, if you don't surrender yourvaluables
    - There is actually a law on the books that allows them to do so, to seize possessions of motorists and "criminals."

- Overwhelmingly, the victims are black.

- It's Texas, who is surprised?

2. datznasty

datznasty

Here's the longer article from the LA Times
    [​IMG]
    http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-texas-profiling11-2009mar11,0,507135.story

3. saint lt

saint lt

[​IMG]

4. usa pride4life

usa pride4life

!%*$ the police.
    !%*$ the racists.
    !%*$ Texas.

5. 414hammerboi

414hammerboi

:smh

6. koolkatz

koolkatz

I SWEAR I HATE TEXAS FOR SOME REASON LIKE REALLY BAD
    $+!* TEXAS!!!

7. datznasty

datznasty

Fam, outside of the college and Military cities, Texas is likely the most backwards thinking state in the nation, with Georgia not far behind. Everything fromHate groups actually getting tax-exempt not for profit status, to the many examples of racial justice, to their citizens and their reaction to anybody whodoesn't look and talk like them, state is a cesspool, bottom in the nation in damn near everything; the fattest, the dumbest, you could go on for days

8. coolnificent

coolnificent

[​IMG] I'm glad they're not on my route home.

9. ritch1088

ritch1088

Yeah I hate east Texas.

10. bowzer blitz

bowzer blitz

I'm sorry...but those people weren't smart. No way cop or not you jacking me for %$#% I never did...Not happening.

11. datznasty

datznasty

They're cops, what are you going to do? They have the ultimate impunity and are threatening to put you in jail or worse. At worse, you'll fight it byhaving to continuously return to Texas with your expensive lawyers after having been put in jail for failure to give the cop whatever valuables you have onyou.

12. pacific

pacific

Wow, there's gotta be something the Federal Gov't can do about this law.

13. danikerhino

danikerhino

That %%#@ is wrong, they can lock me up, I'd tell my fam in Cali to complain to the governor and make it a federal case.

14. moonmaster3

moonmaster3

Dude you can say that about ANY state. EVERY state has backward ##% rednecks, yes even Cali and I'm sure there are some rednecks in upper New York.Houston, Austin, Dallas, San Antonio is where the majority of the population of Texas is...so I don't understand your argument. Dumbest? Homie what collegedo YOU go to? What state are YOU from? Racism? Wait, Cali or NY doesn't have racism? Every country in the world has racism.

15. joegalvan

joegalvan

the f' you talkin about?

16. datznasty

datznasty

The whole dumbest thing was based on average test score, and IQ, which both obviously have their flaws when measuring intelligence but that's all we have.

http://hotlineoncall.nati...08/the_dumbest_the_1.php

I don't like to stereotype though. I'm not saying if I meet you and you are from TX that I'd assume you automatically to be fat, dumb, racist, etc.I give up. I don't feel like searching for those maps I had seen on the subject, plus like any subject, there's so much information and misinformationon the internet I could just pick whatever "fact" I want to "prove" and find tons of articles cosigning. So believe what you will.

A map on hate groups from about a year ago
    [​IMG]
    http://www.washingtonpost.../07/GR2008030702914.html

17. moonmaster3

moonmaster3

18. datznasty

datznasty

I'm from Oklahoma, yes. Admittedly, in all of these negative things we are right there alongside Texas at the bottom of the barrel. I don't thinkthere's any superlative we can brag about, except maybe having the most Native Americans. It doesn't have to define me though. I don't get allsensitive when people talk about Oklahoma.

19. high class scum bag

high class scum bag

This is crazy. I live in TX but i've been roadtripping on the west coast the past month. My boy was just telling me i'm lame because I drive slow (10miles above the speed limit max) on the highways. He wanted me to drive 100 from LA to the bay.

I told him living in TX has taught me to set the cruise control when i'm outside of the major cities. Cops in small TX towns don't play and they'llmake up laws.

After seeing this article in the LA times yesterday he understood why I don't speed.

20. forgot about jae

forgot about jae

*!%# outta here.
    [​IMG]

21. clutch 713

clutch 713

Don't Mess With Texas. [​IMG]

22. grailman911

grailman911

im from texas. and although im from Missouri City(suburb's right outside of southwest houston. (mostly minorities) I dont encounter racism often. but idont know of a town called Vidor, Texas. I drive through it to and from my way to school here in Baton Rouge, La. Word is that if your black you will bejacked, killed on site if you make any stops in this town. So i make sure im all gased up before i drive through there.

23. datznasty

datznasty

You're braver than me. I set my cruise control like 3 miles below in Texas. I still can't for the life of me avoid getting pulled over inthat area right South of Wichita Falls though. It's not far from where that fork is that one goes to Dallas, the other goes to Gainesville if you'regoing South. Luckily, none of those cops ever tried to steal any of my @%## though. I had a cop follow me out of Subway inside Love's or Blimpie's orwhatever that gas station is one time.

Now from here to Chikasha, I hit 100 regularly. Nobody cares on that route. And it's funny because there's like 4 Highway Patrol centers you drivedirectly in front of. If they wanted to, they could just sit right there on the little entrance to the road and just catch people as they pull out of theparking lot.

24. ryda421

ryda421

WELCOME TO THE USA

25. toy collector123

toy collector123

I drive 30 above the limit on that highway all the time.

But driving on highways in Texas FTW!! soo clean!! soo free! soo Smooth!!!