DS Kobe 8 Area 72 All Star size 11.5 “vol. Bless a Sneakerhead"

PLEASE READ ALL DETAILS CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTACTING ME. READING IS IMPERATIVE.

The post is long but if you want the shoes then it shouldn’t be an issue for you to read the whole thing.
(Moderators: I specifically read the buy/sell forum rules prior to posting to ensure I am not doing anything which is unallowed on the forum but please contact me if there are any issues)

I’m handing out these DS (only tried on briefly on carpet) pair of Area 72 Nike Kobe 8’s size 11.5 for $89.00 plus shipping. Yes I’m aware that’s less than $100 off retail, and certainly more than $100 off the market value, but I reckon this is a good way for me to rack up a good deed (assisting a fellow collector with a sick deal) in a way that will reap me rewards from the Lord that created me far more than what $100+ could ever be valued at.

Since I’m assuming I’ll be getting more than several offers on a shoe at this price, I’m going to leave this post up for a few days to decide who I want to sell the pair to (paypal only, will ship usps double boxed w/ tracking, allow up to 3 business days for handling time). I won’t be taking anything higher than my asking price as this isn’t an auction, I just want to select who I feel is the most genuine person who really would appreciate the pair. To help me narrow my decision down I ask you to read my entire post and respond to me via Direct NT message answering the following questions. NikeTalk members only. No e-mails, only PM. I respect honesty more than somebody writing a bunch of b-s, so keep it thorough please.

Reply via DM to these questions after reading my entire post with your responses:
1. What are you going to do with the pair? (i.e. resell it, rock it for ball, rock it for casual, give it to a friend or family member, etc.)
2. What do you think about what I’ve posted in regards to my opinion of the current state of the shoe game? Agree or disagree and how so?
3. When was the last time you really went out of your way to help out anybody (friend, family, or stranger) and what did you do?

WHY AM I DOING THIS:

Collecting sneakers used to carry a type of sentimental value, people collecting for the love of the game, and helping out their fellow shoe collectors. Now a days a lot of cats in the game collect purely to show off & impress people that they couldn’t really care less about, and seem to feel as though having rare or exclusive material goods give them some special type of self worth, like as if having a pair of Yeezy’s they dropped 3-4k on defines them as a person. Greedy resellers, maximizing profits, shady connects, rigged RSVP systems, rigged online releases, and untrustworthy business owners are turning this generation of shoeheads into monsters.

I want to make some type of an effort to practice what I preach by doing something that I feel will hopefully inspire others of you to be a part of positive change and consciousness. We need to get back to being true to ourselves and to others, and stop letting greed overcome who we are as people. Greed after all is one of the seven deadly sins, and it’s for good reason. Being generous and benevolent people can only lead to better things for us as people, and I’m a firm believer of “what goes around comes back around.” I understand that sometimes you gotta get your money’s worth, and I’m not advocating any of us to sell a shoe worth $1k for retail price or anything crazy like that, but I am trying to hopefully stimulate us to really realize that shoes, cars, clothes, and jewelry shouldn’t define us as people, but we should really appreciate the blessings we take for granted. You can’t put a price on things like good health, loving families, hot food on the tables, roof over the heads, clothes on our backs, etc when there’s countless children all over the world suffering from extreme poverty, hardly having even a clean supply of drinking water, let alone food to alleviate their hunger. Some of you may question my intentions on this post, but I’ll leave God to be the Judge of me as my intention is true. Let go of the attachment and selfish obsession you have with this material world we live in, so that you can focus more clearly on the big picture. The longer we hold onto the things we truly don’t need the longer we will be enslaved to our own desires. This is a pair that I figured isn’t anything near to my least valuable, nor anything near my most valuable, but somewhere right in between, in a size that is perfect for me, so that I may really give something which I would have liked to hold onto, so maybe it can inspire others to give out of the things they too desire. I camped for these out in the freezing cold along with a couple others of the Area 72 pack, and truth be told this was probably my favorite one of the whole all star weekend. The point is, when you die, and they bury you in a ditch 6 feet deep, you won’t be remembered for having the flyest gear or the sickest shoe collection known to mankind. You’ll be remembered only if you were able to do something that helped make a positive change in the society and world you were apart of.

THE INSPIRATION BEHIND ME DOING THIS:

I strive to be a man of God, and in the religious scripture of The Holy Qur’an it is made clear that those who give out of their blessings are those who will earn a major reward from their Creator. This reward will be in the life of this world through expanded blessings, wealth, and prosperity but more importantly in the afterlife on the Day of Judgement. The Holy Qur’an states that all the prophets of God (i.e. Mohammed, Jesus, Moses, Jacob, Isaac, Noah, Joseph, etc. [Peace & Blessings of God be upon them all) were all true followers of Islam. Islam itself means “acquiring peace through the submission of your will to God. Muslims believe that Moses was given the first portion of the Scripture (Old Testament), Jesus was given the second portion of the Scripture (New Testament), and Mohammed was given the final and last portion of the Scripture (Final Testament, The Holy Qur’an). Regardless of anybody’s religious belief system, for anybody who is curious to know the true purpose & meaning of life, I strongly encourage you to explore The Holy Qur’an, a miracle scripture which is the direct word of God and has changed the lives of millions of people worldwide. We are here for a purpose, this life is a test to see who is the most righteous in deeds, faith, and character. Without proper guidance we will be lost and regretful in the hereafter.

THE GUIDANCE BEHIND ME DOING THIS:

“and by no means can you attain virtue & righteousness until you spend (in charity) out of that which you love. and whatsoever you give (in charity) surely Allah (Almighty God) is well aware of it” -The Holy Qur’an (Chapter 3, Verse 92)

“& if you are grateful, I shall certainly give you increase.” -The Holy Qur’an (Chapter 14 Verse 71)

"Give regular charity out of your property, for truly it is a purifier, and be kind to your relatives and acknowledge the rights of the poor, neighbors and those in need who seek your help.” -Prophet Mohammed (pbuh)

“and beautified for men is the love of things which they covet: women, children, gold and silver (wealth), beautiful branded horses (modern day equivalent of cars), cattle (assets), and well tilled land (property, real estate). that is the comfort of the life of this world. but with Allah (heaven, paradise) is a more excellent abode!” -The Holy Qur’an (Chapter 3, Verse 14)

“Every good deed is an act of charity.” -Prophet Mohammed (pbuh)

"Give charity without delay, for it stands in the way of calamity.” -Prophet Mohammed (pbuh)

Thanks for reading. God bless.

MashAllah Bro , very inspirational post. I think I will do this with a few pairs as well

May Allah accept from you

I've been getting an overwhelming number of responses from the post and it is taking me a while to really read through all the messages so if I have not yet responded I am working towards doing that soon as I get the opportunity. I really am glad that so many are telling me that they have benefitted in some way or another from the post and I will be making a decision shortly on whom to sell the sneakers too, after doing my due diligence to collect a few more responses.

Just a reminder to everybody though, HONESTY IS KEY. I'd prefer to hear the brutal truth than a bunch of pretty lies. I tend to see through b-s well so as they say "don't b-s a b-s'er." Thanks again y'all and hopefully this post has encouraged you to make a positive change in some way or another.

thanks everybody for your responses. the shoes have been sold to NT'er: Ahsan24

appreciate all the feedback!

God bless

Back
Top Bottom