dumb question of the day: Is Facebook/Google too smart?

So as we know Watch The Throne dropped tonight. Of course a lot of FB posts would be about it. But am I tripping or is it weird for FB to showcase your status talking about something that you didn't even tag.

wcir20.jpg

Just slightly off topic but I've had a youtube account since before it was taken over by google, I +%%@$*% HATE how I can't sign into my youtube account without google automatically signing me out of my unrelated gmail email acount.
30t6p3b.gif

I don't really get the example given but I don't think they have. Google and Facebook aren't really smart, they just host the platforms. Facebook employees only supply the site and the few features, the people create all the information. (the profiles, pictures, and general info)

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

Just slightly off topic but I've had a youtube account since before it was taken over by google, I +%%@$*% HATE how I can't sign into my youtube account without google automatically signing me out of my unrelated gmail email acount.
30t6p3b.gif
I needed to create a gmail account just to access the youtube account i created years ago
30t6p3b.gif

op i'm with you, i'm pretty much done with fb at this point.

I feel you. I don't think that's too smart, seems like basic programming to me. All it's doing is looking for the words "Watch the Throne".

Damn I wish I could explain my example better
I'll give it a shot:
Facebook realizes people are talking about Kanye without his name being mentioned.

Most likely just coding that recognizes WTT as something related to Kanye.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

So as we know Watch The Throne dropped tonight. Of course a lot of FB posts would be about it. But am I tripping or is it weird for FB to showcase your status talking about something that you didn't even tag.

wcir20.jpg

This sort of reminds like if you wrote happy birthday on a friends wall & and your other friends who are friends with that person wrote happy birthday too, you would see everybody's post.

Originally Posted by Makaveli107

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

wcir20.jpg

This sort of reminds like if you wrote happy birthday on a friends wall & and your other friends who are friends with that person wrote happy birthday too, you would see everybody's post.
That's different. It's just saying You and __ friends wrote on ____'s wall. This is like if you said "Happy Birthday see you at LAX tonight" and other friends did too and FB said "You and 5 friends are talking about the party a club in Hollywood" creepy bro

Tre, I saw the same on my news feed. You were in mine and thought the same exact thing.

i haven't experience this yet, but what's more annoying with FB is when someone sends a group message to 400 people (ex. send me your #, i lost my phone). it creates a threaded message, and even if you delete the entire message, you still get messages from randoms every 30 seconds replying to it.

+%@+*# annoying.

i'm just getting annoyed with "_ is friends with _ and 30 other people" or in the top news feed "_ created a status" and then higher on the page "_ commented on their own status"

Back
Top Bottom