DUMB Things You've Seen or Heard Vol. Damn, Are People THAT Dumb?

This older women that I work with(early 50's) was trying to tell me that Nelson Mandela was the president of Africa and most people from Africa speak"African." The thing is she claims to be college educated, all I could do is SMH

A few weeks ago I was at work, and one of my co-workers said "Christmas is right around the corner" and I guess my other co-worker felt she was rightso she had to chime in and say "Yeah Christmas is literally RIGHT around the corner". I visualized walking around the corner and seeing Christmasthere.

Also, recently I was putting something in the mail box and after I put it in, I wasn't sure if it went all the way down so I opened it and tried to reachin the see if it was stuck and my girlfriend said "STOP. Are you crazy?! That's one of the most illegal things you can do."

i've got a couple, and sadly, theyre all from my same old teammate from ohio

1. coach just lectured everyone about drinking coke and handed out this paper with all the things coke is used for (cleaning motors or something, dissolvingteeth, whatever). so we're all mad cuz she basically banned us from coke and my teammate says "okay well what about pepsi?". she asked that as anhonest question, not even trying to be a smart %$$

2. after practice we walked across campus to get food. same girl says "ooh loook everyone, a purple dove! how rare!". we're all like, a purpledove, @!% are you talking about. so then she points and its a friggin pigeon

3. flying on one of our road trips she opens her window on the plane, takes a huge gasp and is like "WOWWWW! look its a pollution!!!" So the rest ofthe team is like what is this beezy talking about? We look outside the window and she's pointing at this dark storm cloud.

she's really one of my favorite people in the world, but damn she said some stupid +$+ sometimes...

Originally Posted by UrbenYouth

A few weeks ago I was at work, and one of my co-workers said "Christmas is right around the corner" and I guess my other co-worker felt she was right so she had to chime in and say "Yeah Christmas is literally RIGHT around the corner". I visualized walking around the corner and seeing Christmas there.

Also, recently I was putting something in the mail box and after I put it in, I wasn't sure if it went all the way down so I opened it and tried to reach in the see if it was stuck and my girlfriend said "STOP. Are you crazy?! That's one of the most illegal things you can do.
lit·er·al·ly adv.
1. In a literal manner; word for word: translated the Greek passage literally.
2. In a literal or strict sense: Don't take my remarks literally.
3. Usage Problem
a. Really; actually: "There are people in the world who literally do not know how to boil water" (Craig Claiborne).
b. Used as an intensive before a figurative expression.
Usage Note: For more than a hundred years, critics have remarked on the incoherency of using literally in a way that suggests the exact opposite of its primarysense of "in a manner that accords with the literal sense of the words." In 1926, for example, H.W. Fowler cited the example "The 300,000Unionists ... will be literally thrown to the wolves." The practice does not stem from a change in the meaning of literally itself - if it did, the wordwould long since have come to mean "virtually" or "figuratively" - but from a natural tendency to use the word as a general intensive, asin 'They had literally no help from the government on the project', where no contrast with the figurative sense of the words is intended.
grin.gif

She literally used the non-literal form of the word "literally". My head just exploded from typing that out.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CheGTR

co-worker after using some strong hand sanitizer:
"whoa! Che, smell this....doesnt it smell just like blue?!"
...she meant like the color blue. as in, the sanitizer smells like the color blue.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Synesthesia

A condition in which one type of stimulation evokes the sensation of another, as when the hearing of a sound produces the visualization of a color.

Not saying your co-worker has it, but it isn't so crazy. There are people who can taste shapes, smell colors, visualize sounds, etc.

I was asked this 10 minutes ago.

Her: What city in New York City do you live in?
Me:
frown.gif
eyes.gif
frown.gif

Edit: I was speaking to my cousin and told him this girl didn't know what city we lived in and he says,
Him: She don't know we live in Staten Island City!!!
Me:
indifferent.gif

DATGUY615 wrote:
we was texting

girl: What you doin??
me: On my computer listen to waka flocka
girl: Aw fun
me: Eh no maybe if you was here
girl: Where???
me:
indifferent.gif

different girl (we have a snow day so no school
smile.gif
)

girl: What you doin??
me: Playing my game with a friend
girl: Cool
me: Yup..
girl: Are you at school??
me:
indifferent.gif
no im playing the game with a friend
girl: I thought they cancelled school
me:
indifferent.gif
they did...
girl: then what happend??
me: What are you talking about??
girl: Are you at school??
me:
mad.gif
no im at home playing my game
girl: Omg...ok

All this happened today
roll.gif

roll.gif

Dumb broads

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

Originally Posted by CheGTR

co-worker after using some strong hand sanitizer:
"whoa! Che, smell this....doesnt it smell just like blue?!"
...she meant like the color blue. as in, the sanitizer smells like the color blue.
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Synesthesia

A condition in which one type of stimulation evokes the sensation of another, as when the hearing of a sound produces the visualization of a color.

Not saying your co-worker has it, but it isn't so crazy. There are people who can taste shapes, smell colors, visualize sounds, etc.

i see color in music.

me and my dude talk about this all the time.

didn't know it worked with other senses.

Originally Posted by Princetonchaney

Literally last night!!!
I ask my GF to bring 2 eggs over b4 she comes, for a recipe im making.
She gets to my house with 2 eggs and says "babe i boiled em so they wouldnt break in the car".
ohwell.gif

Same chick: I asked her to put 1 cup of flour n a bowl. she replies "i dont see a 1 cup measuring cup" Me: ok use one of the smaller ones"...her (looking into a drawer containing 1/4,1/3,3/4, 1/2) "which one should i use?"
ohwell.gif

While standing on campus at UNLV me:"wanna go to the game tonight" her:"is it a home game?" me (clearly sarcastic)"nah i its at New Mexico..." her:"u must be tryin to leave right now then
indifferent.gif

roll.gif
, sorry, but she's dumber than a box of rocks.

It's me,my girl and her friend in my whip.

Her friend starts talking about some kid thats young and has a kid with some chick. He got caught by immigration or something and he's supposedly going toget deported soon.

Her friend: Yeah he's going to get deported soon.
Me: Why doesn't he marry the chick so he could stay here ?
Her: They investigate that kinda stuff.
Me: He has a baby with her.
indifferent.gif

Her. Yea but still.
Me: Your f'n ******ed. So where is he from ?
Her: Jersey. (completely serious)
Me: Jersey ?
roll.gif
roll.gif

Her: OHHHHHHH Ecuador.

was walking around nike outlet:

lady: excuse me but why are the soles kinda yellow?
employee: well thats a display and has been out for awhile
lady: are these fake jordans?

My damn roommate moved in and i gave her the pass to my wireless. She comes back the next week and says shes not pitchin in for internet anymore cause itscrappy. Said everyone else was on the internet so she took hers out and it was the only one that didnt get the internet this is at her BOYFRIENDS house (anhour away from my house)!!!

p.s two months ago tried to convince me and the other roomates that she had swine flu and a temperature of 108 for the last two weeks....

Originally Posted by gatorad3

I heard this convo in footlocker:

customer: AYO lemme get that black white new york cap
FL worker: Oh that yankees cap there?
customer: NO the black white new york cap
FL worker: Yeah that yankees cap there?
customer: NO the black white NEW YORK cap
FL worker: yeah... the yankees cap there....

it goes on
lmaooooooooo

Me:tongue:remium
Him:is this premium goods???
Me:yes
Him:yall having the space jams?
Me:yes
Him:what time is the midnight release?
Me:frown:click)

Originally Posted by FlipnKraut

Broad: My macbook wont turn on, I hit the power button and nothing happens
me: have you plugged in your charger?
broad: what charger?
me: the charger that came with your computer when you bought it
broad: what? why would i need to plug in a charger, its wireless.
lmaooooooooooo

Back
Top Bottom