Dummy politicians PASSED congestion pricing in NYC &TRUMP is blocking it yay!

Wonder how this is gonna work and charge people. They say its gonna be like the cameras on all the bridges where the tolls used to be, but how do you not get double, triple charged. If you go from the FDR to 42nd street, you get snapped, but what if you hop back on the FDR on 34th then get off the 23rd street exit, charged again? The logistics and whatnot are mad.

Parking garages gonna be hurting, less cars. No one wants to pay a toll then park their car in a garage for $25 for the whole day.

What about weekends? The charge gonna be there as well?

Dumbest idea ever. If it comes to it I hope the charge is from a certain time only, 7-6pm and after that its free, and no weekends.
in london they have congestion tax too and it's only at certain times
basically working hours

Just take the train. Who drives into Manhattan anyway?

Lol where you think the traffic comes from?
All the cars that don’t go into Manhattan?

I been saying this for a while but do we have an advocate group looking out for motorists interest? The way train riders have that strap hangers group?

Motorists have been getting ****ed in NYC for a minute and nobody is looking out for us.
This ****ing stupid mother ****ing, dumb, *** *** mayor been screwing us ever since his vision zero garbage.

Nobody speak up for motorist tho. We just keep taking it in the *** with nobody looking out.

*** *** Deblasio. That clown will never get my vote.

damn this **** gonna suck before not even a fart would fit on these trains can only imagine how its gonna look like when more ppl have to take these trains

we about to see more uber/lyft suicides with all these expenses for TLC drivers

April 2, 2019 - Congestion Pricing Won't Work, New Yorkers Say, Quinnipiac University Poll Finds; Voters Say Scrap Elite School Test, Increase Diversity
quinnipiacpoll-horizontal-hex-full-color.png

PDF format
Trend Information
Sample and Methodology detail

New York City voters oppose congestion pricing 54 - 41 percent and say 52 - 40 percent that it will not be effective in reducing traffic, according to a Quinnipiac University Poll released today.

Manhattan voters are divided as 48 percent support congestion pricing, with 51 percent opposed, the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University Poll finds. Opposition in the other boroughs ranges from 52 - 43 percent in Staten Island to 64 - 30 percent in The Bronx.

White voters are divided, with 47 percent supporting congestion pricing and 49 percent opposed. Opposition is 63 - 33 percent among black voters and 58 - 39 percent among Hispanic voters.

Congestion pricing will reduce traffic, 52 percent of Staten Island voters say, as 44 percent say it won't be effective. Voters in other boroughs say it won't work, ranging from 50 - 43 percent "no" in Manhattan to 62 - 34 percent "no" in The Bronx.

A total of 90 percent of New York City voters say traffic congestion is a "very serious" or "somewhat serious" problem. Of that 90 percent, 36 percent say Mayor Bill de Blasio is more to blame, as 16 percent say Gov. Andrew Cuomo is more to blame. Another 19 percent blame neither and 13 percent blame both leaders.

New York City subway service is "not so good" or "poor," 62 percent of voters say, as 36 percent say it's "excellent" or "good." Bus quality in the city is "excellent" or "good," 48 percent of voters say, while 46 percent say it's "not so good" or "poor."

"New Yorkers give a Bronx cheer to congestion pricing. Lawmakers in Albany approved the plan, but city voters aren't in favor even if it means revenue raised will help fix mass transit. And there's a clear need for improvement. Six in ten New Yorkers rate subway service as 'not so good' or 'poor,'" said Mary Snow, polling analyst for the Quinnipiac University Poll.

New York City voters oppose 48 - 41 percent having the mayor and City Council take responsibility for city subways and buses.

https://poll.qu.edu/new-york-city/release-detail?ReleaseID=2612

This is just the pilot. Before long it's gonna be the whole borough then the whole city. My mom was proper vex when she read the news.

This is just the pilot. Before long it's gonna be the whole borough then the whole city

impossible, might as well chop NYC up pre 1900 and have Brooklyn be its own city again..

that state assembly and senate is gonna see a blood bad like you never seen once people start getting ganked.

If its not enough then why did the MTA have a surplus a few yrs back?

They squander all the money bc they are corrupt.
See how long it takes to do one ltitle repair on a platform???? you get to see the price of the repair and the contractor.... dudes get million dollar contracts just to fix some stairs or redo a portion of an entrance, then it'll take 9 months to complete... a job worth 50k and a weeks worth of labor..

See how long it takes to do one ltitle repair on a platform???? you get to see the price of the repair and the contractor.... dudes get million dollar contracts just to fix some stairs or redo a portion of an entrance, then it'll take 9 months to complete... a job worth 50k and a weeks worth of labor..

Its ridiculous. The amount of waste is insane.

They have a mobile wash unit that comes in their truck and is supposed to wash the entrances to the subways. By me they come up and sit in the truck and do nothing. I remember specifically one day comin home from work, I walk up the stairs and literally a piece of **** was on the stair. They came at night, next morning that piece of **** was still there.

Summertime is almost here so forget it. Last summer they would pull up with music blasting then get out of the truck and start dancing.

Another instance, my boy worked on the 2nd ave line that just opened. He was working there the final weekends before opening. Just on sat and sun, he was clearing 2 stacks for the weekend. I couldnt believe it when he showed me the stub.

da rest of ya better hope this bombs hard in NYC, or all da other liberal cities will copycat this nonsense.

I dont care about this. Take the train to work everyday and drive on the weekends or weeknights.

:lol: wait till everything in that zone sky rockets in price. they're charging $25 for every truck...those costs are gonna be passed down to consumers.

Back
Top Bottom