Dummy politicians PASSED congestion pricing in NYC!?

Discussion in 'General' started by ninjahood, Feb 28, 2019.

1. ninjahood

ninjahood

you squeeze out middle class folks its gonna be a human toilet like San Francisco is.

2. alchemist iq

alchemist iq

3. freakydestroyer

freakydestroyer

4. johnnyredstorm

johnnyredstorm

Let the rich eat cake. Queens will only get better because of this.

5. alchemist iq

alchemist iq

Im not to familiar with the geography of California but im just gonna clump any major cali city all together.

But is San Francisco trash ?

6. freakydestroyer

freakydestroyer

There's a lot of homeless people and druggies on the streets. That doesn'tmake the city a dump.

7. alchemist iq

alchemist iq

Like any other major city.

Downtown Houston got the same walking dead vibe, but some parts are just fine.

8. millenial

millenial

All the desirable parts of BK are manhattan prices now

9. sharpshooter718

sharpshooter718

This **** is stupid as ****. I dont drive into Manhattan like that but sometimes I need to maneuver through midtown and to charge me money to drive my car through a street I pay taxes for is asking for gunshots...

10. sharpshooter718

sharpshooter718

11. wayniac211

wayniac211

SN to post no bueno.

shotsrangout and Top Boy like this.
  12. alchemist iq

alchemist iq

Getting quoted by a nobody, no bueno.

13. wayniac211

wayniac211

I ain’t nobody to you but I’m on top of the pyramid to some. Go get a globe and get familiar lol

14. alchemist iq

alchemist iq

Why would i need a globe when i said i’m not to familiar with California, not the continents of the world, wouldn’t it be practical to get a state map of California to educate myself?

#lowiq
    #ANobody
    #DontQouteMe
    #StrangerDanger

15. wayniac211

wayniac211

Calm down homes. 350 miles separate LA and SF. That’s like clumping NYC and Richmond VA together.

16. storm2006

storm2006

This is exactly what I was wondering. Did they say you only can get charged once in a day or am I misremembering? Because could you imagine how much Uber, Lyft, Seamless, drivers could stand to by in a given day if they got charged each time :wow:

17. ninjahood

ninjahood

FORT LEE, N.J. (CBSNewYork) – Two New Jersey congressmen say New York’s plan for congestion pricing is unfair.

They’re proposing legislation to keep New Jersey drivers from having to pay twice to enter Manhattan.

Web Extra: Read Pascrell & Gottheimer’s Letter To Cuomo (.pdf)

“New York and New Jersey has always had a very cooperative relationship, right?” said Rep. Josh Gottheimer. He was referring to transportation from bridges and tunnels and area airports, CBS2’s Jenna DeAngelis reported.

Web Extra: Watch the full news conference

Gottheimer feels that New York is taking a different approach when it comes to congestion pricing.

“Suddenly, taking a two-by-four to New Jersey with this congestion tax, it makes no sense to me,” he said.

MORE: New Jersey Lawmakers Not Pleased About Potential Traffic Problems Congestion Pricing Could Create At Tunnels

Starting in 2021, drivers traveling in Manhattan below 60th street would be charged a toll and that money would got to improving the MTA.

Details are still unclear. One thing that is clear?

“In New Jersey, people are really fired up about this because suddenly you’re saying to them, ‘You know how you’re paying $15 a day to go across the George Washington Bridge? Well you just got whacked again,’ and they’re going to try and charge you $12 more dollars a day, and every single nickel is going to to in New York’s pocket, nothing’s going to benefit New Jersey,” Gottheimer said.

Web Extra: How Will Congestion Pricing Work?

“I pay $15, so why do I have to pay another $10 or $11?” said cab driver Steve Lazaridis.

“I think it’s excessive. I really think it’s excessive,” said Fort Lee resident Barbara Friedman. “I kind of get both sides. I’d love to hear another solution.”

Gottheimer and Rep. Chris Smith announced proposed legislation to put pressure on New York.

“This legislation, which I’m calling the ‘Manhattan moocher preservation act’ or the ‘anti-congestion tax act’ does two things,” Gottheimer said.

One of those things is essentially cutting federal grants to MTA projects in New York. The other is to offer a tax credit back to those who entered Manhattan from any of the three New Jersey crossings.

That is, they say, unless those drivers are exempt from congestion fees.

“Whenever you see us, you know there is trouble ahead. That’s what we’re going to be talking about today,” said Rep. Bill Pascrell. “We’re used to getting the short end of the stick in New Jersey… congestion pricing is a raw deal for New Jersey commuters as it stands today.”

The Congressmen sent a letter to Cuomo saying the area needs to be considered as a whole. They’re hoping if and when congestion pricing takes effect, NJ TRANSIT and the Port Authority will be considered and reap some benefit, DeAngelis reported.

“We look forward to working with the Congressman and other partners in New Jersey to ensure that our commuters are heard as part of this process,” New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy said in a statement.

Cuomo said Tuesday there’s still a possibility that George Washington Bridge drivers may get a discount on congestion pricing, and the details still need to be worked out. The Port Authority needs to implement electronic tolling, Cuomo said, adding that New Jersey drivers are finding themselves in the same boat as drivers from Queens, Brooklyn and more.

Visit Full Site

18. tkthafm

tkthafm

NYC getting more trash by the year, and I'm a life-long resident.

19. ninjahood

ninjahood

met with my local state senator about it in person, here's what i got back ..

Hi Ninjahood,

Senator Jackson would like you to have the details of the Congestion Pricing program that was enacted in the fiscal year 2019-2020 budget.

Congestion Pricing would go into effect no earlier than December 31, 2019, and would apply to Manhattan's Central Business District (CBD), which is 60th street and below.

The current exempted vehicles are: (1) vehicles driving on the FDR Drive or West Side Highway to a bridge or tunnel connection out of Manhattan; (2) authorized emergency vehicles (e.g., firetrucks, ambulances, and police cars); and (3) vehicles used for transporting people with disabilities. Additionally, passenger vehicles would only be charged once per day.

Individuals living in the CBD that earn less than $60,000 annually will receive a tax credit.

There will be a six-member Mobility Review Board (MRB). Those members will be nominated by the Triborough Bridge and Tunnel Authority (TBTA), the New York City Mayor, and representatives from the two commuter rail regions (Metro-North and the LIRR). The MRB may make recommendations to the MTA such as credits for bridges and crossing authorized by TBTA after a traffic/impact study; and discounts for motorcycles, low-emission vehicles, peak and off-peak pricing, and others.

Presently, the toll amount has not been set. Potential toll increases would be subject to the same public hearings and notice provisions as the MTA when it considers fare increases.

Before the toll system takes effect, there will be a 30-day pilot period for the technology before tolls can be charged to avoid implementation problems. There will also be a 60-day amnesty period from fines. Additionally, there will also be a public education campaign and hearing process on the cashless tolling system at least 60 days prior to the start of congestion pricing.

New York City will be required to conduct a study of parking in and around the CBD that must be completed within 18 months of the start of congestion pricing.

Funds generated from congestion pricing would be deposited into a lockbox that would only be used for MTA capital program expenses or bonding in furtherance of MTA capital program expenses. There would be an 80%-10%-10% split between NYC mass transit, the LIRR, and Metro-North.

In order to identify systemic problems and improve efficiency, there will be an outside forensic audit of the MTA.

Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our office.

Thank you,

Matthew
    New York, NY 10034 | Office: (212) 544-0173

Legislative Office Building
    188 State Street | Room 306
    Albany, NY 12247 | Office: (518) 455-2041

:smh:

cs02132 likes this.
  20. tay1

tay1

"Hi, Ninjahood"

neverflopped likes this.
  21. cs02132

cs02132

That’s crazy that it’s like $15+ I didn’t know tolls get that high.. I’ve never gone through a toll that’s more than like $3. The ones I go through frequently are $1.65

22. alchemist iq

alchemist iq

Its will cost $19 dollars to cross the verrazano birdge two way via toll.

23. ninjahood

ninjahood

24. ninjahood

ninjahood