Dunk FAQ. Please read and contribute.

Let's try this again. I'll save it on my computer in case ezboard goes whacko on me again.

.. Frequently asked questions ..

A:
Some may think it stands for Sandy Bodecker, but it really stands for skateboarding. Don't argue.

A:
First and second series came in an orange Nike box, then silver boxes until the Unkles were released. From then to now to whenever, pink boxes.

A:
www.nikeskateboarding.com - this is very useful for finding stores in your area, and hopefully people will stop making posts asking for stores in their area. Also, check out www.freshnessmag.com if you are in the NYC area, they have a good list of sneaker shops.

A:
only for Nike Retro, Jordan goes in JB Forum, etc. Legit checks on sellers go in General. [In case you haven't read the sticky at the top].

A:
GR (General Release), Euro (Europe Only), Eurocan (Europe & Canada only), AP (Asia-Pacific only), CO.JP (Concept Japan), Pro B (stuffed tongue, oval laces, normal insole), and last and perhaps least, SB.

A:
Dunks are usually produced in smaller numbers and are available at mainly skateshops. E-cues, Angus, etc. don't seem to be as limited at all.

A:
Absolutely not, SB's are after all, skate shoes. Skate shoes are not sold in chain stores.

A:
This is actually strange, they do not get regular SB shipments like skateshops do, but they have gotten some in the past. For example, Niketown carried the Orca pack, which included E-cues. They carried the Charity series FC's & Angus - by the way, SMH at some of you for reselling these.

A
: Nope. They have a scheduled release month. During the scheduled month, depending on the shop is located, shops will recieve shipments throughout the month. So you just have to keep your eye out.

A
: You can figure it out by yourself, you don't really need the opinion of others from the internet.

A:
www.nikeskateboarding.com. If you want some really crisp, detailed pictures, give www.hazardshoes.com a look. He does not have pictures of every SB but he does have a lot of them, a lot of AF1's also.

A:
Nope. They have a scheduled release month. During the scheduled month, depending on the shop is located, shops will recieve shipments throughout the month. So you just have to keep your eye out.

A:
www.nikeskateboarding.com. If you want some really crisp, detailed pictures, give www.hazardshoes.com a look. He does not have pictures of every SB but he does have a lot of them, and a lot of AF1's also.

A:
No they are not fake, they are 100% authentic. The only thing wrong with B-grades is that they have minor cosmetic flaws such as loose stitching somewhere or excess glue somewhere. They do not feel any different from A-Grades. Important - there are ONLY A and B-grades. If someone tries to sell you "C-grades," they are most likely variants. Walk away.

A:
They have a less-stuffed tongue as compared to another pair of SB's. SB's that came in a "full-stuffed" and "less-stuffed" version are Broncos, Barfs, Homers, and Ostriches.

A:
www.pigmag.com/content/view/365/96/) to find templates for Dunk low and high, AF1 low, and Waffle Racer. You need Photoshop 7. Older versions will not work.

A:
This is tough to describe if you don't know the "names" of the shoes, but here's some help.
1st Series = Mulders, Gino 1s, Wheat Forbes, Supas, Paul Brown His.

2nd Series = Gino 2s, Lodens, Flashes, Sharks, Wheat His, Denims, Supreme Lows

3rd Series = Takashis, Futuras, Bisons, Hulks, Heinekens

Anything else after that, Nike stopped releasing SBs all on one day and instead, spread them out. There is some arguments as to which falls in what series, so if any corrections, let me know,

Alright, I did my best to try to answer all the questions I did in my first post. I added in some questions I thought of, but I think I may have missed 1 or 2 of my old questions. If you have any questions you would like answered, or have a frequently asked question, please help out and ask so we can answer it and include it in the FAQ. Enjoy.

Good, except maybe for the snide comments. If you're wanting to make a helpful post like that, you shouldn't try to sound like you are smarter than the people needing that information just because you know the answers to the questions. Just be straight.
<!-----<a href="http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZghengesk">Jordan X DarkShadows FOR SALE!CLICK HERE!</a><!-----

^^^ (2nd to last question): i believe the ostrich dunks came in semi-stuffed and fully-stuffed versions as well.

cheers, dan

^Glad to know I helped someone. Feel free to save it if you want!

And did Homers come semi-stuffed also? I just thought of it but I'm not sure.

^Homers came "semi stuffed".

Most people don't even bother checking any FAQs before they post... but heres some more from me.

Q: What does the stand for in "Nike Dunk Low Pro B"?

A: Many have stated that the "" states that the dunk's colorway is a previously unreleased colorway. This information is false. And to note that the "" is not limited to the Dunk alone... but to many other model shoes in nike's aresenal.

(Note: I have forgotten the actual meaning of the B... I just remembered it stood for Brand, if anyone wants to help me out with an explination... it would be greatly appreciated!)

A: This is only Partially right only when referring to the some of the "Griptapes" set. Black/Black/gum, Team Red/White, Lightning/Graphite/Light Graphite, Obsidian/Grey were all originally sold in selected Skateboarding accounts accross the nation.

", what does that mean?[/b]
A: Its a term given to an SB by certain people stating that the SB is widely available to everyone.

A: A lot of us have studied the dunk, and pretty much know the ins and outs. So don't be afraid to ask Niketalk for help. But I've provided a link to a very well made guide on how to tell the diffrence between Real, and Fake SBs.

How to Tell its Fake.

-Dominic

nice
Fill Your Bowl to the Brim and it will spill, keep sharpening your knife and it will become blunt, chase after money and security and your heart will never unclench. Care about peoples approval and you will be their prisoner. Do your work then step back. The only path to serenity. - Tao Te Ching

co.jp does not = concept japan

co.jp is equivalent to .com, which stands for commercial. Japanese based companies use co(commercial) jp(japan), just like a UK based company would use co.uk. It is just a website extention. co.jp is not an acronym or word created for the sneaker industry like the ever-so-popular "ds""vnds", or "sb:, or whatever else.
Read this Sentence... Again.

what's the difference between co.jps and "japan exclusive /"japan only" released dunks..or are they referring to the same thing?.

Quote:
Q: What's up with those SB's that are in a silver box with an orange label?
A: They have a less-stuffed tongue as compared to another pair of SB's. SB's that came in a "full-stuffed" and "less-stuffed" version are Broncos, Barfs, Homers, and Ostriches.
Hmmm interesting, I've never knew that.

Quote:
co.jp is equivalent to .com, which stands for commercial. Japanese based companies use co(commercial) jp(japan), just like a UK based company would use co.uk. It is just a website extention. co.jp is not an acronym or word created for the sneaker industry like the ever-so-popular "ds""vnds", or "sb:, or whatever else.

It means that, but also it means concept japan. Nike came up with via a "play of words" with the co.jp thing. Correct me if I'm worng people but Concept Japan is an actual group of people who design the Japan exclusive colorways.
[/center]

really good post. hopefully, this'll reduce the clutter in the forum.

standingupsidedown - my homers are semi stuffed. not as stuffed as my jedis, and definitely nowhere near as stuffed as my rayguns. it does have a green label though.
D.O.T.F.W.
www.thejustusleague.com

THE AWAY TEAM - NATIONAL ANTHEM & L.E.G.AC.Y. - PROJECT MAYHEM - MAY 17TH!
EDGAR ALLEN FLOE - TRUE LINKS - MAY 31ST!

Orange and green labels don't involve tongue stuffing as far as I know. I have some broncos with green box labels and jordan packs with orange box label, same thickness. And both are FAT. Not wimpy.

What the real difference is, I don't know. I recall people saying that the orange labels were popping up in bog sizes only, or in canada, but nothing firm.

brian

For sale/trade: Mcfetridge Vandals Classic Green 12 (2" heal rip), Ebay sales

Quote:
Orange and green labels don't involve tongue stuffing as far as I know. I have some broncos with green box labels and jordan packs with orange box label, same thickness. And both are FAT. Not wimpy.

What the real difference is, I don't know. I recall people saying that the orange labels were popping up in bog sizes only, or in canada, but nothing firm.

The only real dunks that were released with both stuffed, and semi stuffed dunks were the Ostriches, Broncos, and Barfs.

These three pairs of shoes were released both stateside and overseas. Most of the overseas pairs were the "stuffed" and came with the orange label on the box.

Stateside releases of said shoes came "semi stuffed" and tagged with a green label.

So the info about the green = semi stuffed, orange = stuffed

really only pertains to the three dunks I mentioned above.

The later SB releases started coming in diffrent boxes (Pink, and sometimes Original orange/tan (Hunters)) With Nike repeatedly switching the color of the tag color between black, and orange.
-Dominic

what about premium editions i.e. the safari colorway is there any detailed info on premium editions?

this the safari a "premium dunk" there are others as well
66m98m

"Projecting Postive Rays From A Higher Plane"

ITI

TEAM VAG, its all pink in the middle.​

Quote:
Q: Ok... I've heard that Pro Bs are the first SBs.

True Story, although only the Team Reds and Black Griptapes were released by the Nike SB represenatives to shops right before the first series SB's dropped, and are the 1st SB dunks.

Sun Of Knowledge:
Quote:
what about premium editions i.e. the safari colorway is there any detailed info on premium editions?

this the safari a "premium dunk" there are others as well
"Premium" dunks are just made with better materials. If you've ever felt the leather on a pair of premium dunks and compared it to a pair with normal materials, it feels much nicer. I think all "premium" dunks have been GR's as well -- safari highs, curry highs, and all-black highs.
[/b]​

^ i think safari highs were quickstrikes. but yeah, premiums are made with much better materials than your standard gr. such a world of difference.

djbretwallace - i believe "sp" stands for special project. that's what i was once told. i could be wrong though.
wanted: size 9 paul brown highs and reverse curry lows DS or VNDS

email: strykeforce@gmail.com or for quicker responses use nick_e@tmail.com

Quote:
co.jp does not = concept japan

Read this Sentence... Again.

I believe I wrote this some time ago, and I was partially wrong.
My current understanding is that "Concept Japan" (COJP) was a part of Nike that came up with exclusive colourways for the Japanese market in the late 90s., as written here:-

Quote:
It means that, but also it means concept japan. Nike came up with via a "play of words" with the co.jp thing. Correct me if I'm worng people but Concept Japan is an actual group of people who design the Japan exclusive colorways.

Quote:
^Thats what I beleive... kinda like JD sports in europe.

JD sports is a chain of stores here in the UK. They have their own exclusive colourways, but they're not a part of Nike like Concept Japan was.

Quote:

Yeah, my Jordan Packs came with an orange label on the pink box. They're legit. I'm just curious why it came with an orange label.

Is that the typical label because I noticed the pink boxes have the black label on em? Such as my Band Aids and Deltas.
[/b]
[/b]​

Back
Top Bottom