Dwight Howard's trick shots unappreciation

i appreciate them
pimp.gif

This fool is jacking up stupid shots during practice and during warmups all the damn time. With so many flaws in his game you'd think SVG would tell him practice his FT's more instead.

Dwight be gettin in ya'll feelings a little too much man. Because he throws up tricks shots in the game...that means he POSSIBLY couldn't be practicing free throws at all during any given time right?

not a big deal to me, since im sure he actually practices when the real one is going on. that stuff is usually after practice.

Son gets paid millions of dollars to play basketball. You want him to be more like Kendrick Perkins out there?

I mean I'm sure he practices his FT's. And I know other players do too(pierce being one of them). But it just seems like he's the posterboy for clowning around, and it just gets old after a while.

wait there are people who still think dwight has a chance of getting better?

dude pretty much hit his ceiling so those trick shots don't matter

Yea, I would say it would be frustrating as a Magic fan since hes got more trick shots than he do post moves. But I cant hate on another man for having fun at his job.

He has been showing improvement in some of the games ive seen. So its not like the guy is just going to practice and throwin up trick shots the whole time. But for the most part he'd be better off sitting at half court and throwing shots in rather than getting the ball around the elbow and trying to do anything that would count as a move towards the hoop.

And the only reason they show those is cuz those are video taped by players/the team and no1 cares if those get out. You not gonna see one of his practice tapes cuz why would the team let everyone else know what hes doing to prepare to beat them.

Originally Posted by DubA169

He's shown improvement this season, it's just not consistent yet.  He's been able to hit a mid-range jumper, his touch around the basket has gotten better, and he's shown a few more post moves.  He still have ways to go if he wants to dominate offensively, but still.

And people need to relax, trick shots after practice and a few times during warmups are not that serious, he's just goofing off.  NT can be way too critical for no good reason.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

Yea, I would say it would be frustrating as a Magic fan since hes got more trick shots than he do post moves. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

But just for the record, I am not a Magic fan I was just saying in general that if I were it might piss me off a little. Which im guessing is why OP made this thread in the first place.

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

I mean I'm sure he practices his FT's. And I know other players do too(pierce being one of them). But it just seems like he's the posterboy for clowning around, and it just gets old after a while.
shaq was getting criticized the same way...he seemed like he was more focused on making movies and selling rap albums...good thing for him he had a good strict coach to put him in check..but he still doesnt have that free throw thing down  
laugh.gif
...i mean some big men just cant do it

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by DubA169

He's shown improvement this season, it's just not consistent yet.  He's been able to hit a mid-range jumper, his touch around the basket has gotten better, and he's shown a few more post moves.  He still have ways to go if he wants to dominate offensively, but still.

And people need to relax, trick shots after practice and a few times during warmups are not that serious, he's just goofing off.  NT can be way too critical for no good reason.
i was exaggerating a bit. But I think by now everyone realizes dwight will never be a hakeem, robinson, ewing, shaq caliber center. he's not gonna make some ultra step in the off season.

to me, dwight wasn't born with talent, he was blessed with the fact that he's physically a beast. He's just lucky he is playing a bunch of scrubs. he doesn't seen to have the killer instinct or quality of a leader either. i'm not high on him, but in this era I'd take him in a heartbeat.

He could improve his free throws if he shot under handed but he never will. Just like shaq won't do it.

talbert

I'd rather see Dwight on the block all day, or shootin free throws all day then crazy miracle shots.  At least at this point. 

If he wins a chip someday, then let him fool around all he wants.  Until then, I'd want all business out there. 

but.. Bron does trick shots/dunks during the game. 
laugh.gif

edit: OP, you mad at D12 cuz he's going to the ECF? 
laugh.gif

tongue.gif

I agree with you PGA. I feel like every magic game the announcers get all excited talking about "AND now look at what Dwight was doing in warmups!!! What a fun guy" It's like they use the same stock footage every time.

How about he start practicing how NOT to be so soft. Really Dwight?? 65 players attempt more field goals than you per game??? 65?? Charlie Villanueva? Thaddeus Young? Chris Kaman?? Brooke Lopez?? For real??

Originally Posted by proper english

but.. Bron does trick shots/dunks during the game. 
laugh.gif

edit: OP, you mad at D12 cuz he's going to the ECF? 
laugh.gif

tongue.gif

laugh.gif
at both
laugh.gif

Perhaps you guys don't realize how much free time these guys have when they aren't playing games. Kobe practiced left handed half court shots for a whole season. That didn't seem to bother anyone.

Back
Top Bottom