DWYANE WADE IS COMING...

Great news for the Heat, as Wade got cleared to play yesterday.

BTW, let the whistle jokes and remarks about the referees needing to start hittin' the incline treadmill to get that lung capacity up begin. :lol:
laugh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
Quote:
Wade expected to return soon
Although there is no timetable for his return, Dwyane Wade was cleared to play after recovering from knee and shoulder surgeries.
Posted on Sat, Nov. 03, 2007
Digg del.icio.us AIM reprint print email
BY MICHAEL WALLACE
mwallace@MiamiHerald.com

INDIANAPOLIS --
Dwyane Wade's return from offseason knee and shoulder surgeries apparently will come sooner than expected.

Wade has been cleared by Heat team physician Harlan Selesnick to participate in ''competitive play'' and could begin to practice full speed with the team as soon as Monday.

Heat coach Pat Riley would not set a specific date for Wade's return to game action, but said the team's leading scorer is on his way back.

Wade, 25, wasn't expected to be cleared for contact drills until Nov. 15 -- six months from the date he had the double surgeries. But Wade recently has increased the intensity of his daily workouts. He also has a history of returning early from injuries.

''Once this switch has been hit, it will change his mind-set as far as really prepping to get ready,'' Riley said before Friday's game against the Pacers. ``He's been going through practices competitively, but not really getting at it. Guys have been very cautious with him. Now, it's going to be all out.''

Wade did not travel with the Heat to Indiana, but told at least one of his teammates after Thursday's loss to the Pistons that he was set to return.

''He was icing his knee [Thursday] -- and had a big smile on his face,'' forward Dorell Wright said. ``A lot of people are going to be fooled who said they don't know how he's going to be when he comes back.''

How long it might take Wade to return to form is uncertain.

He said as recently as last week that he would like to go through about a week of practices before playing in a game.

Under that time frame, Wade could be on the court for the Heat's Nov. 11 road game against the Knicks.

Wade dislocated his left shoulder in a Feb. 21 loss at Houston, but chose not to have season-ending surgery. After six weeks of therapy, Wade returned late in the season.

He had the surgeries two weeks after the Bulls swept the Heat in the first round of the playoffs.

Wade averaged 27.4 points and 7.5 assists -- career highs -- despite missing 30 games with injuries.

Ricky Davis, acquired in a trade two weeks ago, has been starting at shooting guard in Wade's absence but will move to small forward when he returns. Center Alonzo Mourning said he isn't surprised that Wade is pushing hard through the final stages of his rehabilitation process.

''He's our super hero -- we get our best player back,'' Mourning said. ``It's torture [sitting out] when you see the difference you can make on the court. I know. I've been there.''

"Sports Do Not Build Character, They Reveal It." - John Wooden
TEAM AM FAM

Quote:
He had the surgeries two weeks after the Bulls swept the Heat in the first round of the playoffs.
on that surgery with that sweep....

Free Mike Vick.

^^^You need to replace that with your boy, Mr. "27 Free Throws Opening Night" aka "K Whistle."
One Love, One Trust
"Being the nothing to someone who is your everything is a lot like being a trainer for a boxer. She's constantly fighting the world, thinkin' she's unloved and alone, not knowing the one with the greatest love and support has always been in her corner. You tell her to watch for the right hook, and she still gets pummeled by it. Sooner or later, you just wanna throw in the towel."--MANCHILDyoko

I would but I don't have photoshop. :lol:
laugh.gif
HoustonRockets
FRANCIS - MCGRADY - YAO
TEAM LAKERS
Bryant-Odom​

great news

TEAM AALIYAH
ONE IN A MILLION
DOLPHINS GATORS HEAT HURRICANES

this could be his year. i noticed they've been stricter on calling defensive flopping as a block, not a charge, but we all know who's the master of offensive flopping.

wadecrywp3.jpg

whistle_hh.jpg

..with so much personality,
what do you want from me?
i could be by myself and enjoy the company..
but i'd ratherher

From Robbins, Illinois

Six foot four, guard

Dwyane

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade

:pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
Out

Good news for the Heats because Shaq isn't doing too much. Shaq is probably not used to playing in November. . .
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James, D.Brown, S.Brown, Gibson, Hughes, Z, Damon, D.Jones, Marshall, Newble, Gooden, Bruise,Nichols, Simmons, Snow, Sasha​

Quote:
Re: DWYANE WADE IS COMING...
TEAM CLEVELAND CAVS
James,Gibson,Hughes,Gooden,IIgauskas,Marshall,Pavlovic,Da.Jones,Dw.Jones,Snow,Newble,S.Brown,Simmons,D.Brown​

Is Pat Riley still running a retirement home out of Miami?
EQUIPO BOXEO
White Sox * Bulls * Bears * The Great KATSIDIS​

Yep, pretty much what I expected outta the usual suspects. :lol:
laugh.gif
:smh:
smh.gif
Well at least ya'll will have something to do now. :lol:
laugh.gif
"Sports Do Not Build Character, They Reveal It." - John Wooden
TEAM AM FAM

Soon enough as in Sunday?

Because I need to know if I'm going to start him or not.

Quote:
Give me this guy any day over Kobe "Cry Baby" Bryant
TEAM XBOX360
.:Flowsomuch:.
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Quote:
Soon enough as in Sunday?

well since we're all smart here, let's try and read this little piece of literature at the top of the page...

Quote:
and could begin to practice full speed with the team as soon as Monday.

Quote:
He said as recently as last week that he would like to go through about a week of practices before playing in a game.

^
Thanks!

I didn't bother reading the article thoroughly, but nontheless, your jerk contribution to helping out is very much appreciated.
TEAM XBOX360​
.:Flowsomuch:.​
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
TEAMSANDIEGOCHARGERS

Back
Top Bottom