Li-Ning Thread

JB should've had him wear the Air Jordan model as planned and maybe used the Fly Wade's as a team shoe of sorts under his name. I heard the Fly Wade 1 & Fly 23 were great shoes performance. The Fly Wade 2s look OK but I'm not sure I'd bite on those because Lunarlon doesn't have a long lifespan.

DWade wanted his own Sig shoe and not the annual AJ shoe. Wish he just went to regular Nike basketball. I'm sure they coulda made him his own Sig shoe and much better than the JB basura.

Official response to today's rumors: "LOLOLOLOLOLOL"

Wade's Jordan Brand contract isn't even expired yet. And he hasn't signed any papers with Li-Ning yet...

Wade leaves Nike for Li-Ning
10:33
AM ET
Dwyane Wade | Heat
RECOMMEND1COMMENTS0EMAIL

Dwyane Wade has been a rep for Nike's Jordan Brand for three years and that led to the release of two Fly Wade shoes.

SneakerWatch.com reports Wade is leaving Nike and will sign a multi-million dollar contract with Chinese brand Li-Ning. According to the website, an official announcement could come within a few days.

It is not known when the first Wade signature shoe from Li-Ning will be released.

-- Nick Borges

Got it from ESPN Insider. Who knows.....

The fly wade 2s were amazing on the court. It was a shame that I had to take them in for a voucher due to ripping though. But they felt amazing.

When is his contract official over?

This article says September 1, 2012:
The biggest smoking gun - and what probably lead to the rumors of Wade leaving when his contract was up on [COLOR=#red]Sept. 1[/COLOR] - was the cancellation of the Jordan Fly Wade 3, Wade's own signature shoe that he had to carry and endorse along with the flagship Air Jordan.

Right now he's the face of JB. If they want to continue moving forward with their performance line, they need to make sure he stays.  His sig line needs a complete retooling and some new designers.

Sad, but true. But D-Wade doesn't move kicks. Who has a pair of "Fly Wades"?

...It's ok, I'll wait...

Seems to me that Li-Ning goes after aging NBA guards...waddup B-Davis!!

His Jordan Brand contract is not expired yet. I'm drafting up a CK story on this. Everything else you're seeing out there has been pulled out of someone's you know what...

Last edited:
DWade wanted his own Sig shoe and not the annual AJ shoe. Wish he just went to regular Nike basketball. I'm sure they coulda made him his own Sig shoe and much better than the JB basura.

He should've done that, because the shoes would be easier to cop since you know they'd be in stores. Li-Ning has some shoes I'd consider but they sell out everytime I look for my size.

Li-Ning has some good basketball shoes (performance wise) + He will get the fame and the money will come.

Good move for him if he goes.

If D-Wade can get more Li-Ning sneakers out there, then I'm all for it. I've haven't seen Li-Ning at retail anywhere.

no need to be an *** just asking questions bacause you seem to have insider info..i know you were & have dropped knowledge & info in the past

Ha, nah. Didn't angle it that way. It's just really surreal to see how any random person or website can make up "news" these days that they don't have and get everyone to repost it endlessly.

The general gist here is true. The details, fake reporting, guesswork, and everything else is not. When you talk to the insiders and then compare it to all the fantasy journalism reports out there, it's honestly really comical. The insiders are basically laughing at this stuff. Fake it online though...

His JB shoes have been on the same design level as when he was with Converse. Impressive if Converse were the ones releasing these shoes. But its Jordan Brand. Highly unimpressive looks wise.

At least Melo and CP3 have had flashes.

His Jordan Brand contract is not expired yet. I'm drafting up a CK story on this. Everything else you're seeing out there has been pulled out of someone's you know what...
Thanks for the clarification. Rumor was started by everyone's favorite NTer BILLY HOYLE.

Here's the official story from CounterKicks: http://counterkicks.com/2012/09/tap...ntract-with-jordan-brand-no-li-ning-deal-yet/

We can confirm Wade is still under contract.

We can confirm there is no deal in place yet with Li-Ning.

We can confirm the general storyline is true, but most of everyone's reporting is complete guesswork and fantasy journalism.

We can also break news and confirm for real though that Jordan Brand and Dwyane Wade are OFFICIALLY done. Wade will be with another brand this coming season. Smart money is on Li-Ning. But the Jordan thing is over with. Just running out the contract expiration now (which was not Sept 1, as the guessers reported)

dwade will never get a good looking shoe made from jordan

Last edited:
I was told today that the Li-Ning thing is a done deal.

Probably just more speculation by the looks of it until there's a press release.

I can't see Wade having any more success with another shoe company. With Jordan Brand, they practically made him the face of the brand...Or atleast tried to. And apparently that wasn't enough. I mean seriously, who's gonna run out to go cop some Wade Li-Nings?

With Li-Ning, he'll get some international exposure, but being with Lebron and the Heat, he's already getting that. His shoes won't sell at all in the US and he'll probably move on to another shoe company in a few years.

Back
Top Bottom