E-MONEY BAGS vol: RIP, QUEENS LEGEND

I've heard about this man since I was a child, but I never looked into his music until recently. I actually bangs with some of his ****. Word on the street is he has Jay-Z scared for a period of time too, but that's a whole different story. Queensbridge affiliate, 50 affiliate, NY legend. His name rings bells

Last edited:
how and when did he pass?

2001 he was killed in retaliation to the murder of Black Just (member of Supreme Team). Allegedly, a couple years earlier, E shot at Black Just and hit him in his thigh and he bled to death. I read on some website that he was allegedly actually trying to hit Supreme for whatever reason. In 2001, Supreme supposedly had some people light his car up, guerrilla style :smh:

i remember his tracks on them old late 99 era mixtapes i thought dude was cool. then he dies and i hear about who he really was

2001 he was killed in retaliation to the murder of Black Just (member of Supreme Team). Allegedly, a couple years earlier, E shot at Black Just and hit him in his thigh and he bled to death. I read on some website that he was allegedly actually trying to hit Supreme for whatever reason. In 2001, Supreme supposedly had some people light his car up, guerrilla style :smh:

good looks the name sounds familiar but it wasn't clickin

whats the Jay Z story about? :nerd:

Jay supposedly had an artist called H Money Bags

""When E was mad about Jay having a artist on his Roster with the "Money Bags" name and called into hot 97 and let jay know how he felt about the situation, Jay acted calm and secure on the air by simply telling E that he didnt respect what he was doing, but a few days after there conversation on Hot97 jay called me and ask me to talk to E money bags and try to somehow be the middle man in a truce, Jay said that since there Hot97 incounter he had been getting threating phone calls and even had a death threat left on the front door of his private home, I talked to E and he confessed to calling Jay a couple of times but said he wasnt threating him and that there beef wasnt that serious he just wanted the Guy to quit using his name. So i called Jay and let him know that E said he wasnt really sweating the situation but all Jay kept saying was "that sneaky ***** gone try something, that sneaky ***** gone try something" Jay was afraid to go out in Public, i was shocked at how afraid He (Jay z) Was, E had Jay afraid to leave his House, I remember thinking that there had to be something Bigger than a Mc Name involved in all of that"---Curtis S••••"
http://rapmusic.com/threads/e-money-bags-had-jay-z-scared-to-leave-his-house-curtis-s••••.966394/

So I guess this is the same gentleman mentioned In Ghetto Quran, and a couple other songs I've heard of the years?

So I guess this is the same gentleman mentioned In Ghetto Quran, and a couple other songs I've heard of the years?

Yup

Along with affirmative action
"E Money bags got Moët Chandon, bundle of 62 and they ain't got a clue what we about to do"

In '95 that was my last, I went back to the ave
Thinkin', "Rap's a thing of the past"
Rest in peace E money bags, no more cabs
Got caught with the ratchet in the stash, lawyer want cash

A rapper known as E-Money Bags was gunned down inside his luxury sport utility vehicle by white-gloved gunmen who sped off in a Mercedes after a hit in Queens Village on Monday night.
Eric Smith, 29, was riddled with more than 10 bullets as he sat in his 1999 Lincoln Navigator near Witthoff Street and 111th Road.
Many believe he was murdered by hit men connected with infamous drug trafficking gang, The Supreme Team. It is alleged that the murder was retaliatory after E-Moneybags killed McGriff's associate, Colbert Johnson...

View Larger Map
Witnesses told police that either three or four men approached Smith's vehicle about 9:45 p.m. Monday. At least two of them fired 9-mm handguns at the rapper from such a close range that many of the shell casings ejected from their guns landed inside his SUV, police sources said.
Police said Smith, who lives in the Glenwood Houses in East Flatbush, had attended a barbecue and party at a friend's home on 111th Road just before he was killed. Throughout the evening, Smith repeatedly left the party to go to his SUV, police said. He was ambushed during one of those trips, police said.
A neighbor, who asked not to be named, said the attack "sounded like firecrackers" at first but she knew it was more serious when someone started screaming, "Oh my God, oh my God." A police source said there was no clear motive in the slaying.
The gunmen left a diamond-studded Rolex watch on Smith's wrist, $40 in cash in his pocket and his wallet - making robbery seem an unlikely motive, police sources said.
Detectives are looking into the possibility that the killing was drug-related. Smith had a criminal record that included drug charges and a bag of marijuana was found in his pocket, police sources said.
However, investigators' efforts have been hampered by party-goers, who "haven't been the most cooperative people in the world," one police source said.
source: Davey D

Law enforcement officials contend that Kenneth "Supreme" McGriff ordered Eric Smith's murder to avenge the December 1999 killing of a friend, Colbert Johnson.
The supposed role of Smith in the Johnson homicide is not detailed in the affidavit sworn by Detective William Courtney.
In late-August 2001, when investigators raided a Baltimore stash pad used by McGriff, they found $30,000 in cash, loads of cocaine and heroin, and a particularly incriminating surveillance videotape.
On the video--which bears recording dates of July 13-16, 2001--Smith is seen driving and parking his Lincoln Navigator on 111th Road, the Queens Village street where the rapper would later be shot about ten times by gunmen. Investigators determined that the video was shot by Dennis "Divine" Crosby, a drug-dealing McGriff associate, and Nicole Brown, Crosby's girlfriend.
Last January, Brown told an NYPD detective that the surveillance video was shot from her home, with Crosby handling most of the filming. She also admitted personally videotaping Smith up until 20 minutes before his killing and that, two days after the murder, Crosby requested the videotape from her. The affidavit does not detail how the surveillance videotape, which Crosby shot from a nearby apartment, made its way to McGriff's stash house.
http://nyminute.blog.arte.tv/2010/01/09/e-money-bags/

These queens dudes were going wild in the late 90s.

Dude was at a bbq knowing he had a price on his head :smh:

These queens dudes were going wild in the late 90s.

Dude was at a bbq knowing he had a price on his head :smh:

Facts :smh:
It's crazy how everything was so close knit back then too. (Maybe it still is now but not as noticeable. Maybe social media plays a role in it)

Dude who E killed (Black) was close with Nas, as well as 50. And E was close with Nas and 50 too. E went to school with Jay. Jay went to school with AZ. And AZ was close with Nas.

It seems like everyone knew everyone from some type of history or interaction the 90s NY hip hop scene.

Nas even shouted out "Rest in peace to black just, riding through Jamaica queens in his black truck" in Life is Good

tumblr_m7hgraH78N1qfwxgbo1_500.jpg

Coincidentally, he had a song called "accident murderer" on that same album

Seems like back in the 90s it was more street dudes/ppl connected to the streets trying to be rappers compared to now, when it's more so rappers trying to be street dudes/connect themselves to the streets

I think its different now for a couple reasons.

For one back then you needed money to record. You couldnt just plug in your mac and start spitting to a frootyloops beat.

Also if you were talking street talk you had to really be about or else people were checking you early. People were getting robbed and killed like crazy in the 90s you couldn't be no MC Gusto in new york with out some protection.

So a result of this most street dudes know each other or they go to the same clubs and studios so they run into each other.

E Money Bags was from Brooklyn

and I don't think he wrote a lot of his lyrics.

Back
Top Bottom