Earphones?

Aight, I been through 3 pairs of JBUDS earphones in the past year. Same thing happens every time, the wires become loose of some @@*% and the sound goes out from one earphone.

Can I fix this problem?

If not, what earphones can I get that won't give me the same problem. I use earphones mainly during working out and hoopin', so the wire does move around a lot.

I have yurbuds.
I got em for $50 at bestbuy.
The sound quality is not that great for the price.
But the durability and it not falling out of your ears makes up for it.
Worth it imo, if you're tired of earphones falling out etc.
Becomes uncomfortable after an hour of use.
http://www.yurbuds.com/

I got a pair of Sennheiser earbuds for around $80 on newegg.com around 2 years ago. Sound quality is awesome and I haven't had any problems with them at all. I forget the model number but do a quick search on newegg and you'll probably find them.
EDIT: I think the model number is CX300.

I use Sennheiser earphones. I haven't had that problem you're having, but I take care of my things.

Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

I got a pair of Sennheiser earbuds for around $80 on newegg.com around 2 years ago. Sound quality is awesome and I haven't had any problems with them at all. I forget the model number but do a quick search on newegg and you'll probably find them.
yeah this are very nice.. cheap, durable and most importantly, sound quality is good.
try akg too, only 50$ stateside i think.

That credit card thing isn't useful to me because I'm not looking to shrink the length of my cords... I need the length to stay the same.

Please don't get any beatsbydre. They sound ok but are put together horribly. I know about 10 people that had the headphones snap in the center. I know another 3 people that had the earbuds only to have one of the earbuds go bad (including the newer work out earbuds).

I've had JBL 220 reference earbuds for 4 years now (see link below). They have a nice fabric cord. I use these every day at work whenever I'm crunching data for all day projects & when I'm surfing the "internets" at night.

http://www.amazon.com/JBL...F8&qid=1312897925&sr=8-1

The only thing I've had to purchase was new earbud pieces which can be purchased at Best Buy or Radio Shack. I used different ones for working out.. I usually pick up some cheap sony or phillips "work out" earbuds.

For the gym i use MEElectronics M6.

Or have you tried earphones with replaceable cables?

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

I use Sennheiser earphones. I haven't had that problem you're having, but I take care of my things.

I had 2 sets of Sennheiser's do exactly what he describes - seems it's a common complaint.

I got a pair of Sony after that - about a year ago. The sound quality isn't quite as good but they still work perfectly.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Skullcandy's are the best bang for your buck man. sound and quality are real decent... they have never failed me. especially for gym work. [/color]

Originally Posted by mondaynightraw

.....in before dre beats

he said earphones not headphones
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by nbafatso

These look promising.  I might cop but do any retailers have this besides online?  I'm tired of my earphone cables ripping, need something strong and this looks like a good contender.  I do cardio and lifting and once every few months the cord rips.

I purchased some Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10s last year during the Amazon sale. I loved the sound it produced - really bright and vibrant highs, mids, and lows, and booming, accurate bass, but the foam tips would not stay in my ears for the life of me. So I seeked a solution.

Turns out many people were getting their universals customized, so as to have a secure fit and an almost airtight seal. They sound exactly the same, just are more ergonomically efficient. Different cables may bring out the higher and lower tones more.

There were a few places that did this customization for a fee - Unique Melody, based in China and Fisher Hearing, based in Florida. I chose Fisher Hearing because they were statside and their unwavering satisfaction guaranteed policy.

The procedure was fairly simple:

1) Find a local audiologist who would make impressions of your ears - $25 total for me
2) Send the impressions and the order form to Fisher Hearing
3) Get the call that your order was received
4) About a month turnaround time
5) Pay for the customs - $90 + $10 shipping (optional $30 for cables)
6) Receive customs and ensure that fit is up to par. If not send them back (free shipping both ways)
7) Enjoy

I've had my customs since February and I couldn't be more happier with them. I paid a grand total of $255 for earphones (In Ear Monitors) that won't crap out on me in a few months (I'll only ever have to get them reshelled if I lose or gain more than 15 pounds) and that deliver some of the best sound I've ever heard.

**You probably wouldn't want to get this done for some Skullcandy or other subpar earphones

Here are mine -

More info can be found here - http://www.head-fi.org/fo...-etc-from-fisher-hearing

http://www.head-fi.org/fo...om-remold-owner-s-thread

Originally Posted by Klipschorn

Originally Posted by nbafatso

These look promising.  I might cop but do any retailers have this besides online?  I'm tired of my earphone cables ripping, need something strong and this looks like a good contender.  I do cardio and lifting and once every few months the cord rips.
Not sure about finding them in store. Check their site to see who their retailers are. I wouldn't buy instore anyways because they'll probably cost retail, which is 25. While online they pop up for as low as 10 sometimes.

^ yeah, I've looked at some of those in the Apple store. I really like the idea of them. I know a guy with some - his brother is an audiologist so hooked him up. He says they're amazing.

Originally Posted by blasdiaz

Originally Posted by Nickthestick91

yeah this are very nice.. cheap, durable and most importantly, sound quality is good.
try akg too, only 50$ stateside i think.
My local FYE has the CX150 for $15... been there for a long time... love em...

Originally Posted by kdawg

^ yeah, I've looked at some of those in the Apple store. I really like the idea of them. I know a guy with some - his brother is an audiologist so hooked him up. He says they're amazing.

If you want to make your first step into customs Kozee Sound Solutions is pretty cheap. But idk how great they sound since I've never ordered from them.

Back
Top Bottom