Eastbay Rep...Price Increases?

932
17
Joined Dec 2, 2004
Hey Eastbay rep, are you guys having a F and F or something? A lot of last years model basketball shoes that were marked down are back up to retail. I know thats the Fottlocker friends and family trick. If you can't sell last seasons shoes at a markdown what makes you think you can get full retail now?

For example....Nike Fly By- was $ 79.99, now $ 109.99
Nike Hyperfuse 2010 TB was $ 59.99, now $ 99.99
Nike Air Max BB 360 low was $ 99.99 now $ 139.00
 
2,629
135
Joined Jan 4, 2010
Originally Posted by bostonmarc

Hey Eastbay rep, are you guys having a F and F or something? A lot of last years model basketball shoes that were marked down are back up to retail. I know thats the Fottlocker friends and family trick. If you can't sell last seasons shoes at a markdown what makes you think you can get full retail now?

For example....Nike Fly By- was $ 79.99, now $ 109.99
Nike Hyperfuse 2010 TB was $ 59.99, now $ 99.99
Nike Air Max BB 360 low was $ 99.99 now $ 139.00
The personal in charge of our sales is currently out for the weekend/holiday, so I would not be able to find out why they changed the prices for these items till the middle of next week.  I will post an update once I get a reply back.

EastbayRep - Ray
 
985
14
Joined Dec 16, 2003
I'd also add that the same thing happened with the Grey/Green colorway of the Zoom Kobe VI. (It went from $99 back up to retail of $129.) I kind of got the runaround on Twitter from whoever is running the @Eastbay account today, but maybe you'll have a better answer, Ray.
 
2,629
135
Joined Jan 4, 2010
Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

I'd also add that the same thing happened with the Grey/Green colorway of the Zoom Kobe VI. (It went from $99 back up to retail of $129.) I kind of got the runaround on Twitter from whoever is running the @Eastbay account today, but maybe you'll have a better answer, Ray.
My contact got back to me late last night and they told me that this was an error and we should have a lot of these pricing issues fixed sometime next week, due to the weekend/holiday.  A lot of the items that were on sale on our website before they went back to their original retail prices are still showing the sale price in our ordering system, even though the website is showing their original retail price. 

EastbayRep - Ray
 

go rilla

Banned
3,018
99
Joined Apr 2, 2011
what happened to Eastbay Rep - Dustin or Eastbay Rep - Ryan? is it Eastbay Rep - Ray's allotted time now?
 
2,629
135
Joined Jan 4, 2010
Originally Posted by go rilla


what happened to Eastbay Rep - Dustin or Eastbay Rep - Ryan? is it Eastbay Rep - Ray's allotted time now?
Dustin will be back tomorrow and Ryan will be back on Tuesday.  We switch off on who covers what for the day. 


EastbayRep - Ray
 
2,629
135
Joined Jan 4, 2010
It looks like a lot of the items that were showing their original retail price are now back to showing their marked down price.

EastbayRep - Ray
 
985
14
Joined Dec 16, 2003
Thank you for the heads up! (And it makes me all the more annoyed with whoever was kind of condescending to me on the Eastbay Twitter account the other day, talking about sales, promo pricing, etc. like I don't know what those things are.)
 
376
20
Joined Sep 23, 2007
Yo Ray, do you have any 30% off codes for our trouble? I have my eye on a couple of things.
 

Sir San Diego

formerly brolic scholar
13,007
11,080
Joined Feb 20, 2011
Originally Posted by iWhipMyHeadovv

Originally Posted by Cubby12345

Yo Ray, do you have any 30% off codes for our trouble? I have my eye on a couple of things.
this 
...pssh even 20%
I'm gonna second the 30%

I'll order some shoes right now...
 

Sir San Diego

formerly brolic scholar
13,007
11,080
Joined Feb 20, 2011
I know that there's a 20% on Monday for Labor Day, but how about an additional discount for our troubles and loyalty Eastbay Rep?
 
361
20
Joined Feb 11, 2001
^^^  If I remember correctly, it might have been the fall of last year.  I seem to recall receiving a catalog with the 20% off code for GC's and on there they were saying it was a catalog only code and sure enough the code was nowhere to be found on their website.  I miss the good 'ol days with 20% off GC's and 30% off F&F's
 
985
14
Joined Dec 16, 2003
Got my Kobe VI (Grey/Green), Elite Green socks and Green Monster Mesh shorts -- all my alma mater's (Ohio University) colors -- on this 20 percent today. Good stuff.
 

Sir San Diego

formerly brolic scholar
13,007
11,080
Joined Feb 20, 2011
Picked this up. Been itching to order it directly from NIKE but I saved by waiting.






 
1,015
164
Joined Jul 31, 2010
Originally Posted by andfattoo

shoot, when was the last time gift cards were on sale?
Eastbay generally has the giftcard coupons twice a year. Once at the end of the year and once in the middle of the year. The last one was in June, or so, for Father's Day and grads. So the next one should be at the end of the year for X-Mas.

While we are on the subject of requesting for compensation. Does anyone know if the members who report problems with damaged shoe boxes during shipping got any sort of special discount codes? I've always seen the Eastbay Reps telling people with complains to PM them in the threads. I haven't done this, although I have received damaged boxes before.
 
2,629
135
Joined Jan 4, 2010
Originally Posted by OUChrisLitt

Thank you for the heads up! (And it makes me all the more annoyed with whoever was kind of condescending to me on the Eastbay Twitter account the other day, talking about sales, promo pricing, etc. like I don't know what those things are.)
Some customers are much more informed about business practices than others. We try and provide as much information as we can and typically make things as simple as possible to understand. I would like to apologize for the way we made you feel when talking to us on Twitter. We really are just trying to be helpful and don't always realize that some things do not need to be explained to some customers. Also, not to place blame but the character limits of Twitter often change the tone we wish to provide as we have to re-word our messages to allow them to fit. We like to think our social media customer service is very helpful and never wish anyone to feel as if they are being patronized. 

Originally Posted by Brolic Scholar

Originally Posted by iWhipMyHeadovv

Originally Posted by Cubby12345

Yo Ray, do you have any 30% off codes for our trouble? I have my eye on a couple of things.
this 
...pssh even 20%
I'm gonna second the 30%
I'll order some shoes right now...
Unfortunately, we do not have access to additional source codes. The source codes relayed to us are the same that are posted on our Facebook wall, Twitter account and website banner. We can share these codes if customers have not noticed, but we in no way can access additional codes to give out. Having said that, we do currently have a 20% off sale running. Check the banner of our website now for your code. This is a two day discount to celebrate the Holiday and will expire at the end of the day tomorrow. We also suggest signing up for our e-mail promotion list. If you are not receiveing our promotions via e-mail already, you can sign up here:   http://bit.ly/qVU9As

Originally Posted by myselfonline

Originally Posted by andfattoo

shoot, when was the last time gift cards were on sale?
Eastbay generally has the giftcard coupons twice a year. Once at the end of the year and once in the middle of the year. The last one was in June, or so, for Father's Day and grads. So the next one should be at the end of the year for X-Mas.

While we are on the subject of requesting for compensation. Does anyone know if the members who report problems with damaged shoe boxes during shipping got any sort of special discount codes? I've always seen the Eastbay Reps telling people with complains to PM them in the threads. I haven't done this, although I have received damaged boxes before.
You are correct. The last 20% gift card was for Father's Day. Our next 20% gift card promotion has not yet been scheduled, but they are typically ran near the same time each year.

We ask customers to private message us so we can ask for their customer information and access their account. We do not want their information to be shared publicly so we move the conversation to a private media. As I said before, we do not have access to any special codes so that is not something we can provide even in private conversation. We do take responsibilty for our mistakes however. If there are ever any situations in which you feel you have been wronged by us, we want to hear about it. Feel free to let us know if you receive any damaged shipments in the future or encounter any other issues. There is likely something we can do to help. Thanks guys.

EastbayRep - Dustin
 
Top Bottom