Ebates Question

I was wondering about Ebates. I know you have to go through there site first to get your % back right  but what about when new releases are TLO how do you get the Ebate on that can you just have the Ebate site open on one tab and then when u add to cart with the TLO happens just checkout through the Ebate tab that is open would that work?

they have a tool bar so when you click the link a banner will pop down and you just click acivate

What you said in your first post is correct. Go to Nike.com through ebates, click on the twitter link and add the shoe, and then complete checkout through the ebates site. This method works for the other sites to, FTL, FNL, Eastbay...I've already gotten over $100+ dollars back from ebates.

Can someone summarize ebates for me? Which sites is it good for, and how much do they give you back?

And how much must you earn before you get your first rebate?

By lookin at the site it looks like you get 6% at NDC and like 3% at FNL and FTL and they like deposit the money to you like every quarter straight to paypal

K cool have you tried that tool bar yanky i might give that a shot looks easier just click it on when u on the site

I haven't tried the toolbar just because I don't like too much stuff on my browser lol (personal preference) but I just get up a few minutes earlier and log into ebates to get everything ready so once it's 5am I'm ready to checkout with the ebates site. Not sure how the paypal works since I haven't set mine up but they just send me a check in the mail every 2 months or whenever i request it. There is a min. and the fee's are paid by them for both mailing and paypal.

Here's their breakdown:

Purchases Posted Between Big Fat Check Sent
Jan 1-Mar 31 May 15
Apr 1-June 30 Aug 15
July 1-Sept 30 Nov 15
Oct 1-Dec 31 Feb 15

I got another question about ebates can you stack ebates with shopdiscover or any other site and get more cashback or do they know that is what you are doing

Like ebates have to use the site but my thinkin is since ebates has that toolbar all u have to do is go through discovers site then click the toolbar for ebates and there u go u get 10% from shopdiscover and the 6% from ebates and what i just notice is all u have to do when they do TLO is get the item in ur cart have you ebates/shopdiscover open in another tab then refresh the ebates tab and it should show item in cart and check out from there

Last edited:
Like ebates have to use the site but my thinkin is since ebates has that toolbar all u have to do is go through discovers site then click the toolbar for ebates and there u go u get 10% from shopdiscover and the 6% from ebates and what i just notice is all u have to do when they do TLO is get the item in ur cart have you ebates/shopdiscover open in another tab then refresh the ebates tab and it should show item in cart and check out from there

Not sure if you could double dip like that but it's worth a shot. I don't have discover so I wouldn't know.

Yeah thats what i was thinkin i was tryin to find a credit card with the best cash back haha and discover looks like it is haha but now i have to figure if i add the discover card to my paypal and checkout does that count for the cash back

Yeah thats what i was thinkin i was tryin to find a credit card with the best cash back haha and discover looks like it is haha but now i have to figure if i add the discover card to my paypal and checkout does that count for the cash back

Funny I'm looking for a cc that gives me the most cash back % also. Wells Fargo isn't giving me back squat. What's discovers cash back %?

well if you use that shopdiscover stuff man its high like 10% on alot of online stores but its 1% on all purchases and then they have like bonus purchases like quarterly that give you like 5% cashback the only thing about discover is that its not taken in alot of places

Oh so the shopdiscover is like ebates from discover basically? I've been looking into it and I'm considering citibank since I bank with them also. Right now I only have one cc but 2 is my max limit. Do you know of any other banks that have the same sort of setup as the shopdiscover?

Yea thats what that shopdiscover is haha basically ebates but with better % but all you can use is ur discover card and not even your paypal that has ur discover linked i just figured that out

Last edited:
 I've used a number of the cashback website -  ebates,  mrrebates,  fatwallet,  bigcrumbs, etc... they all offer different cash back depending on the arrangement they have set up with the site they send you to. You can only use one of the sites though. The technology works approx like this: when you click on a site from ebates they send you over to that site and track that movement. ebates gets a referral credit for your purchase, say 6%, then gives you 4% cash back and pockets the 2% difference. They use what's called a cookie to track this process, but only one referral cookie can be in place at a time. So if you went from ebates and then went from shop discover the discover cookie would override the ebates one and you'd get whatever the discover offer is.  

There's also a really useful site  evreward.com. It's not always 100% up to date but you can search for a site (nike store, etc) and they will show all the cash back % offers available. 

Credit card cash back stacks because it's a different system. The best i've done was go from ebates to drugstore.com (12% back) plus drugstore.com offers 5% back on later purchases, and my credit card was giving my an effective 13.33%. so i was getting 30.33% cash back to buy toilet paper, soap, vitamins, some food, etc. and had free delivery :smile:

I was looking at the other thread and saw this trick for ebates and was wondering if this would fix the trackin cookie thing so you can get both cashbacks

If you forget to use Ebates while placing an order, just finish your order and when your done immeadately go on Ebates and open up a ticket for the store you just purchased from. Wait a couple days until you receive your order, then go back on Ebates, click "customer care" and then "Where's my Cash Back?" Enter the store name/date and then that ticket number you opened on your purchase date will pop up. Fill out the rest of the required fields. Lastly, Copy + Paste your order confirmation below and you will receive an email back from Ebates saying your cash back has been updated.
C:%5CUsers%5Chb70480%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_image001.gif

I was looking at the other thread and saw this trick for ebates and was wondering if this would fix the trackin cookie thing so you can get both cashbacks

[SIZE=11pt]If you forget to use Ebates while placing an order, just finish your order and when your done immeadately go on Ebates and open up a ticket for the store you just purchased from. Wait a couple days until you receive your order, then go back on Ebates, click "customer care" and then "Where's my Cash Back?" Enter the store name/date and then that ticket number you opened on your purchase date will pop up. Fill out the rest of the required fields. Lastly, Copy + Paste your order confirmation below and you will receive an email back from Ebates saying your cash back has been updated.[/SIZE]

Seems like a hassle to do this for every purchase but let's just say you did this for every purchase. Wouldn't ebates begin to think something is going on after multiple purchases?

Yea thats true but i was thinkin using ebates for everything but shoes when i buy online that should keep them off my back because i only get like 2 shoes a month or so

Back
Top Bottom