Ebay=A good place to buy rims and tires?

Well NT my vehicle is paid off and I want to buy a new car.

However I kind of want to see how life is like without a car note for a while.

So instead of locking myself into $40000 of debt I think I'm just going to throw some rims on the whip for the Spring.

I see some pretty good deals on Ebay and I'm curious if anyone has bought wheels on Ebay before. Also where do you go and get them put on at?

depends. but before you even buy the wheels off ebay you should consider whatever you are buying is the right size and if it will look good on your car. generally though just throwing on aftermarket wheels on a stock height car and the wrong size wheels makes it look like rice and crappy. you should go on a forum for your car and see what is the best option. i would wait until i lower the car, then research for the best size wheels (width, offset) then research the best size tire for that set up then shop for wheels.

as far as answering your question, it also depends. i bought a set from a private seller that never mounted the wheels so it came with new tires and wheels. it was an AWESOME deal paid about 900 for both shipped. as long as they're legit seller then it should be the same as buying anything off ebay. just make sure you watch out for the shipping fees they can cost like 100-200$

I would be very careful when buying online or from a private seller. I work at a tire shop part time and there's always that one customer that come in with used wheels he just bought off CL and 2 of the "good condition" wheels are bent. So just be careful when doing so...I work at Discount/America's tires btw.

^^you guys check the tire pressure and adjust it for free right?
last week i went in a dude seemed a lil shady filling out all this paperwork and putting my name in the computer

I have an 03 Tahoe and I'm debating between 22's or 24's

I real talk I wouldn't even buy used rims but some of the deals plus tires on Ebay seem too good to be true.

Like a nice set of brand new 22's plus tires is only $1300 shipped from a seller with good feedback.

I've never seen something like that locally.

bought a set a few years ago.
Thing was supposed to be balanced already. It got weights on them and everything. Installed it and the car started wobbling even at low speed.

brought it to a tire place and they rebalanced all the wheels.

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

I real talk I wouldn't even buy used rims but some of the deals plus tires on Ebay seem too good to be true.

Like a nice set of brand new 22's plus tires is only $1300 shipped from a seller with good feedback.

Is your Tahoe a daily driver? That's one thing u gotta consider when deciding what rim size. 24's are perfect for the Tahoe and while 22's look small. I would personally get 26's because my bruh got an Escalade EXT with 26's and it's even lowered but looks perfect. I'm not into all that #+*%%*+# lifting a car hella %@!%%$ high in the air with 30's but I like the wheel well to be filled up.

Where you from anyway? You're obviously not from the bay(nor cal) because to be honest, 1300 for 22's is kind of high. They goin for a rack with tires where I'm from so if your near, I can tell u some good places bro. Then again, it all depends on the BRAND of course. You won't see Ashanti's goin for those prices but you'll still get some good quality rims/tires for what I mentioned. I got some "Gio" 22's on my Impala with some Pirelli P Zeros for 12.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WalkingOnAir707

Originally Posted by SneakerPro

Is your Tahoe a daily driver? That's one thing u gotta consider when deciding what rim size. 24's are perfect for the Tahoe and while 22's look small. I would personally get 26's because my bruh got an Escalade EXT with 26's and it's even lowered but looks perfect. I'm not into all that lifting a car so high in the air with 30's but I like the wheel well to be filled up.

Where you from anyway? You're obviously not from the bay(nor cal) because to be honest, 1300 for 22's is kind of high. They goin for a rack with tires where I'm from so if your near, I can tell u some good places bro. Then again, it all depends on the BRAND of course. You won't see Ashanti's goin for those prices but you'll still get some good quality rims/tires for what I mentioned. I got some "Gio" 22's on my Impala with some Pirelli P Zeros for 12.
pimp.gif

It's my daily driver but I live less than a mile from my job. I live the Dallas area so if someone can plug me in I'd appreciate it. I ain't bigger than 24's though.

Ah man u from the south then u gotta throw some 4's at least bruh. Sorry I'm not familiar with Dallas but I know they got a "Discount tires" there and it usually lives up to it's name, check em out. Looks like u bout to have a good summer! I wanted to paint my Impala a kandy color before summer but I ended up gettin another car(Camaro) so it's good I guess because my Maro is damn near kandy red. Anyway, good luck.

i would try craigslist, you'd be surprised at how easily brand new 24's become un-needed when your rent is due... you might find a deal

Well it depends on what you are buying. I would be wary of those Chinese replicas and like many people said you never know the true condition until you receive them. I think craigslist is a better option or car forums depending on what car you drive.

Common sense rules apply, get good pictures, check the feedback, pay with paypal and credit card so you have some protection.
I bought a single OEM rim off a seller on ebay to make a full size spare. No issues whatsoever. 

Took the tire and rim to a local tire place (like Discount tire) and they mounted and balanced the wheel for like $10.

Good luck and enjoy that time without a car payment.

I bought some tires on ebay for a friend. No complaints. Much cheaper and very fast shipping.

Common sense applies of course. Buy from a reputable seller and ask questions when necessary.

Back
Top Bottom