eBay help! Vol. Their accusing me of being a deadbeat seller w/ multiple accts!

Has anyone had any experience with eBay accusing you as a seller of having ANOTHER eBay account with either unscrupulous activity and/or eBay fees not paid?  They've now suspended my account until I clear up a SUPPOSED "other account" (which is NOT mine..they are accusing me of it being mine).  For the record I have ONE eBay account (not multiple) in good standing w/ all my fees paid as agreed, 371+ feedback w/ no negatives since the 2nd year eBay opened which was 1999.   Here is the original E-Mail below that they sent me after faxing requested info (drivers license, copy of bank acct statement, & receipts for items), which was followed up with me denying everything as I'm innocent, in which they replied back with "we cant give you any information as we've determined you own both accounts and your account will stay suspended until it is cleared up".  Also, I tried calling eBay to speak to management, but they state their "Trust & Safety Deptartment" is E-Mail only.  What to do, NT?  Any advice?  Shall I start with the Better Business Bureau?  Would they handle such a case? 

"Dear J,

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to reinstating your account.  We
appreciate your efforts to resolve this restriction.  I can confirm that
we have received your fax documentation.  I will be happy to assist you
with your appeal today.

We have received the information you provided, and we thank you for your
cooperation. There is one more step  before we can move forward with the
appeal on your account.

I have reviewed your account and see that it was restricted in part
because we determined that it was associated with the following
suspended account:

*Removed the name of the other account as I'm not trying to snitch*

Please understand that you are currently restricted from using eBay.
Your restriction will continue until the issues related to the account
above have been resolved. Under the eBay User Agreement, you may not use
eBay if there are unresolved issues with your account. 

You can review the eBay User Agreement here:
http://pages.ebay.com/hel...cies/user-agreement.html

Also, eBay’s privacy policy states we can only provide further details
and respond to an appeal request from the above account's registered
email address.

After the issues relating to the above account have been resolved, you
are welcome to appeal your account restriction. Please reply to this
email once your related account has been resolved to begin the appeal
process. Also, please be aware that we may ask you to provide additional
information in order to appeal this restriction.

We appreciate your cooperation in resolving this matter as quickly as
possible, and we look forward to working with you in order to establish
a strong selling history and successful business relationship.

Again, all outstanding issues with *eBay name removed* will need to be
addressed before we can remove the restriction on your account.

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to resolving this
matter.

Sincerely,
Mimi

eBay Customer Support
Trust and Safety Operations"

ebay just like paypal are crooks paypal is doing the exact same thing to me i just said #$%^&*( it & stopped using ebay & paypal

also ebay & paypal are the judge & jury so whatever they says goes & there basically no way to overturn whatever thier decision is... paypal told me to go to my local police dept & file a id theft claim & my local police said they dont deal with anything regarding fraud over the internet.......so like i said your in a no win situation

Oh wow 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
They have you in a catch-22

It's not your account, but the only way you would be able to unrestrict your own is if it was.
I shouldn't laugh, I've had to deal with paypal's shiestyness too.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

also ebay & paypal are the judge & jury so whatever they says goes & there basically no way to overturn whatever thier decision is... paypal told me to go to my local police dept & file a id theft claim & my local police said they dont deal with anything regarding fraud over the internet.......so like i said your in a no win situation

Yea I feel like how you just described, just screwed.  It's more of principle thing for me at this point.  Truthfully feeling extra agitated as the previous week I was harassed by a cop 2 days in a row for going 20mph in a 25mph zone in which he accused me of going faster than that through his "radar eye vision".  That said I really want to do what I can to clear my name.  Being wrongly accused twice in a row in back to back weeks = NEED redemption.  I'll probably end up filing with the Better Business Bureau and will try and reach out to my friend at CBS to see if there is any interest in doing a "consumer investigation".  If that fails, I dont know how much further I want to take it.  I guess what really burns, was that I was just about done with using eBay's services for a VERY long time as I had like 30 or so items out of my shoe collection that I needed to move.  Will def keep you posted if I find some sort of recourse. 

honestly i gave up

paypal limited my only account because they "found" another account under my name from 2007 when i didnt even have a debit card or paypal account until mid 08
30t6p3b.gif

im starting over with google checkout & havent looked back..... if i can still list on ebay without paypal cool if not them $%^&* them too

Back
Top Bottom