Ebay/Paypal question - Selling codes

Hey

quick question

I'm selling Gear of War skin on ebay. It's a preorder code that you get from preordering the game from walmart, but in Canada you get the code right away and in the US u have to wait. Anyways they have been selling like hot cakes ranging from 30- 60 per code (sold around 50 so far). My issue is can someone file a claim saying they did not get the item?

What ive been doing to cover myself is

- i send the codes via ebay messages
- i keep all the codes just incase they claim they did not get it ill send it out by mail with tracking.
- i really pressure the buyer to leave positive feedback
- i try to get some deals done off ebay. I send a paypal invoice that clear states that im sending them a code via email only with no refunds
- Finally i put in the auction no refunds

You may be able to prove you sent the code to ebay by doing what you've explained, but if the buyer's a real duche, he may say that the code didn't work, etc.
And theres no way you can really prove that you sent him a working code, and that he used it.
You just gotta take the risk, theres really no way around it.
That's why eBay sort of banned selling any kind of codes on their site, too many problems.

i tried to sell the gears of war 3 beta codes when they gave em out free and ebay shut me down saying i cant do that

your best bet is saying your going mail the code, and if the buyer asks if you can just email it then do it if not just mail it

Originally Posted by sheistbugz

You may be able to prove you sent the code to ebay by doing what you've explained, but if the buyer's a real duche, he may say that the code didn't work, etc.
And theres no way you can really prove that you sent him a working code, and that he used it.
You just gotta take the risk, theres really no way around it.
That's why eBay sort of banned selling any kind of codes on their site, too many problems.
Yeah i can prove through my Walmart receipts but i dont know if paypal would buy that.

Yeah some people asked for their codes to be mail and i mailed it with tracking. When i email them the code i tell them ill keep the code on file for 60 days

Ebay took down my first auction and said i have to mail the codes, but 99% of the people request for me to email the code.

I just sold a code for a skin for $20 on eBay a couple days ago. I just sent dude an email of the code, and he left my positive feedback, very smooth transaction. I had 6 more codes online, and someone offered to buy all of those off me. He wanted the cards, so I sent him the cards with a tracking number. It should be all good as long as you have a tracking number, and kept the OG receipt that you sent the cards. Or in my first case, kept the emails saying you have sent him the working code. But like you, just in case, I kept the card with the code on it in case something happens.

$30-60 per code? wut?

anyways you will get scammed if you just send it through email/message. PUT IT IN BOLD that you will be mailing them the code so scammers stay away.

Originally Posted by Zyzz

$30-60 per code? wut?

anyways you will get scammed if you just send it through email/message. PUT IT IN BOLD that you will be mailing them the code so scammers stay away.

theres a lot of codes that sell for $ on ebay 
the black ops zombies codes goes for like 80-110 
eek.gif

paypal will take your side, and ive sold 10-15 itunes codes with no problems..

Buyer protection:

13.3 Ineligible Items. PayPal Purchase Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection:

Intangible items, including Digital Goods
Services
Real estate, including residential property
Businesses
Vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats
Custom made items
Travel tickets, including airline flight tickets
Items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
Items which you collect in person, or arrange to be collected on your behalf, including at the retail point of sale
Items that violate eBay’s Prohibited or Restricted Items Policy
Industrial machinery used in manufacturing
Items equivalent to cash, including prepaid or gift cards
PayPal Direct Payments
Virtual Terminal Payments
Personal Payments

Even if your payment is not eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection, you can file a Dispute and try to resolve the issue directly with the Seller; however, PayPal will generally not find in your favor if you escalate a Dispute to a Claim for an item which is not eligible for PayPal Purchase Protection.

when i use to sell xbox points, gold memberships, and itunes gift codes, ebay use to delete the auctions with the quickness. you have to be real smart about things like list your items as a physical item such as a piece of paper, book, or something you can actually send in the mail. and you ahve to know your buyers. you have to trust your buyers. there are douches out there who will try to get the goods and their money back

you will not get protection from ebay or paypal for digital items such as online codes. and they will eventually suspend you.

your best bet is to network different gaming sites. sell off of ebay and when you accept paypal make sure the payment is as a gift.

you basically cut the middle man out but you have to be honest and earn your buyers trust.

at one time  i had over 100 buyers sending me money as gift on paypal each month. use to make over a grand a month.

you sold over 50 if im reading correctly so its going good for you so far. but there will always be a chance one douche bag will try something dumb.

Back
Top Bottom